Bocanegra and Edu have left Rangers.

cwoodloyal

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say i am glad except for Edu that they all gone. I wish they had gone sooner, I never like Boca, he should NEVER have en made vice or captain, he's been at the club two minutes, he says he 'might stay' but and now he's off already, we don't need people like that. We need dedicated, true rangers men who care about our club and not what league we have been put in. I never thought Boca or Goian were any good, when they werent scoring own goals, they were wandering cluelessly around the park.

Perhaps now he is gone the rightful captain will be put in place, Big Jig.

I am a little sad to see Maurice go, i quite liked him, always very friendly with fans anytime i managed to meet him. But as for Goain, he was hideous against Brechin, almost scored an own goal and just looked lost. Having been at the recent Cambuslang and Beith games, we have plenty of youngsters who could do a better job. Thats what we need good scottish and irish youngsters building up our team.

Ive noticed in quite a few posts you dont like Bocanegra, how come? A Bearette like you i would have thought would be one of his biggest fans.

I have to say i am glad except for Edu that they all gone. I wish they had gone sooner, I never like Boca, he should NEVER have en made vice or captain, he's been at the club two minutes, he says he 'might stay' but and now he's off already, we don't need people like that. We need dedicated, true rangers men who care about our club and not what league we have been put in. I never thought Boca or Goian were any good, when they werent scoring own goals, they were wandering cluelessly around the park.

Perhaps now he is gone the rightful captain will be put in place, Big Jig.

I am a little sad to see Maurice go, i quite liked him, always very friendly with fans anytime i managed to meet him. But as for Goain, he was hideous against Brechin, almost scored an own goal and just looked lost. Having been at the recent Cambuslang and Beith games, we have plenty of youngsters who could do a better job. Thats what we need good scottish and irish youngsters building up our team.

I think you're being harsh, surely you prefer how the likes of Boca have gone about things than shites (Rangers fans apparently as well) like Naismith and McGregor running a mile and giving the club no chance of even a nominal fee and very short on playing options?

I think you have to be realistic with the idea of being 'dedicated', with the level we're at I'd expect anyone to have at least considered their future. Rangers are the greatest club on earth but we've had an almighty fall from grace that will take three years minimum to recover from, only a year ago when the likes of Goian and Bocanegra joined we were not only going for a SPL title but attempting to reach the CL group stages, they didn't sign up for this.

I love Lee's commitment, but i'd assume his age and international career already being over played a part in making his mind up. I take Boca's talk of 'might stay' as him saying he will honour his contract and be available for selection while here as he did at Brechin, but that if offers come along he will consider them. Considering he's the USA's captain I have no issue.

As for Goian's peformances, yes I agree they went downhill second half of last season but he'd have little problem handling the third division, as should any of our remaining senior players really.

Whether they stay or go they all have my best wishes, all I wanted of the other lot was for them to transfer over then ask to leave in order to help the club out. Hopefully if Boca, Goian, Edu etc leave we can get some kind of money for them all but that's up to our negotiations, they did their part by honouring the contracts.

no bothered at all. if the didnt want to play with the most successful club side in the world then that is there problem. we can use the money fro his wages on getting in another two or three players. in fact i wouldnt be surprised if charles engineeredthis to releaase funds to super.

I never expected the players to stay but I would have hoped they would have signed over then we could have sold them on, we wouldn't have got the

full market value but if we got something like 500k for Naismith it would have been better than the big fat zilch we got.

Can't believed they've walked away

If you were captain of the worlds most powerful nation and a big player in international football would you play in the 3rd division of a backwater country or maybe look to move on? They have not walked away, they have moved on.

"We don't do walking away" doesn't mean "I will never play for anyone or do anything that isn't for Rangers"

Walking away means giving up, not standing up for what you believe in and losing the fight. Boca and Edu signed over, allowing Rangers to continue the fight and stay strong. Soldiers will fight till they die, but tours of duty don't last forever. They have done their bit, and can now go home to fight another day.

Whittaker and Naismith however, are deserters.