Boss hopeful on Beattie

Amac9

Is Kyle on a pay as you play deal? Or was that Beattie?

Good deal anyway who ever it is. Fed up of these players signing for us and getting injured for about 4 or 5 months.

Andy webster is a good example of this. He was injured all the time and was still getting a wage every week for fuck all.

We have two transfer windows within which we can't sign players, but players can leave, Should Kyle retire again which is likely, and we lose one or two strikers to another club, what then? We need as many quality faces in as we can, another striker would be good and Beattie is a very good striker

Going on last night, Shiels will play more as an attacking midfielder, McCulloch could fill in central midfield, and Little might be deployed on the wing. That would leave Sandaza and Kyle (who looked like he needs to spend some time on the treadmill). Factor in injuries and I can see a place for Beattie.

We have plenty of options up top for the next 2 transfer windows and if we were having to add another striker, Beattie wouldn't be my preference now. I think Kyle was a poor option personally but now he is here then we need to support the signing. I don't see what more Craig Beattie adds.

McCulloch has shown since we went into admin that he should play up top, not in central midfield and certainly not in central defence. And while we are in the 3rd division Lee McCulloch should be the first name on the team sheet every week. I say that not just for football ability but for the leadership and commitment this guy has shown in the last year.

That means that we need one other striker plus cover for injuries, IMO cover for injuries should be players who have a long term future not seasoned, injury prone pro's that are drawing a high wage.

Andy Little deserves a shot, and he seems to be responding well to the chance.

I don't think we should have signed Kyle and and I don't think we should sign Beattie, I don't see where they fit in

We should look at the midfield, we have lost more from there than any other position. We should be looking left and right midfield or wings, not strikers

I actually thought Black had a decent game tonight. Not his best in fairness but he done well enough for me.

Agree mate ,can't believe That Black hasn't had more praise after last nights game .He linked play up very well from deep .Yes others were good but I like Blacks attitude so far

Also ffs we are facing a year long ban on players .We can't sign enough players for me and Ally said in an interview as much.This anti Beatie talk is total bull .Maybe we should give him a pay per play contract or something similar but count me in on being one of the guys that want him signed and quite a few others too

I'd f#ck Beattie right off, he should be biting our hands off to be playing for a team of our size, regardless of the division we're in. If we're going to get strikers in then lets get guys who offer us a different option, pace, the ability to create etc etc. With Big Lee and Kyle i'm happy enough with them two doing the same type of job for us.

Other positions are more pressing now IMO. Centrally, we're very, very strong with Emilson, McCulloch, Black, all the new strikers but I think we probably could do with another full back and a midfielder who can play on either side. McCulloch and Little can also play at CB if injuries and suspensions kick in.

For the people saying 'he's had his chance', he didn't get half the chances Sandaza got, and Beattie has openly said that he'd be happy to join. I'd back him if he joins.

Other positions are more pressing now IMO. Centrally, we're very, very strong with Emilson, McCulloch, Black, all the new strikers but I think we probably could do with another full back and a midfielder who can play on either side. McCulloch and Little can also play at CB if injuries and suspensions kick in.

For the people saying 'he's had his chance', he didn't get half the chances Sandaza got, and Beattie has openly said that he'd be happy to join. I'd back him if he joins.

Is Emilson not a center half?

I think we might need one more striker, especially when you consider that we can't sign any players for the best part of 18 months and there is a real chance that they will restructure and we will be back in the top flight next year.

Shiels plays in the hole, McCulloch will be 35 when the season finishes, Kyle has serious long term fitness problems and McKay is still only 17.

That leaves Sandaza & Little and it seems like Little is going to be a utility player rather than a forward.

I'd rather it was somebody who had a better fitness record than Beattie, but McCoist obviously wants him.

I think we might need one more striker, especially when you consider that we can't sign any players for the best part of 18 months and there is a real chance that they will restructure and we will be back in the top flight next year.

Shiels plays in the hole, McCulloch will be 35 when the season finishes, Kyle has serious long term fitness problems and McKay is still only 17.

That leaves Sandaza & Little and it seems like Little is going to be a utility player rather than a forward.

I'd rather it was somebody who had a better fitness record than Beattie, but McCoist obviously wants him.

(tu) spot on