A look at the 3-4-3

bluenose_72

a holding midfielder also gives you the comfort of allowing either centre half to go out wide if the opponents go down either wing. Saves your wide midfielder being dragged back

I sort of disagree with that - part of the duties of the wingback is to provide defensive cover down their respective flanks - but it does all depend on the passage of play.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sort of disagree with that - part of the duties of the wingback is to provide defensive cover down their respective flanks - but it does all depend on the passage of play.

(tu)

Little and Wallace were playing as wide midfielders rather than wingbacks which left Broadfoot and Bocanegra exposed.

MON's Celtic side used a 3-4-3 to great effect in Scotland and Europe (UEFA Final). I'm sure Bocan, Goain and Broadfoot/Cribari can pull off a back three in the 3rd Division. If Wallace and Broadfoot were deployed as wing-backs, McCulloch and Black either side of Shields, it could work.

i prefer the wide midfielders pushing the opposition fullbacks back towards their own goal and leave the opposition wide midfielders to the spare centre half. It means your wide mids never get bogged down at the back which effectively has you playing a 5-3-2.

Pep Guardiola obviously got so bored with watching near perfection that he changed to 3-4-3 last season, to the point of bloody-mindedness when it plainly wasn't working as well. But in Div3, with full-time training, it's really not that important; we have players who should be good enough.

Alexander

Perry Emilson Broadfoot (Hegarty, McCulloch, Cole)

Cole McCulloch McLeod Wallace (Black, Hutton, Mitchell, Wiktorski)

McKay Sandaza Shiels (Little, Kyle, Naismith, Hemmings)

Admittedly, we need wide players for ally's 3-4-3, but I'd hate to end up with a bloated squad that will keep out the kids again.

Doesn't matter what tactic we line up in. Our footballing philosophy is all wrong.

Until Ally McCoist finds his own unique style, (and I hope it isn't what were witnessing the now). We'll always struggle, regardless of what tactic he decides to line us up in.

We have a footballing philosophy ?.

Until the defence gets sorted and up and running we need 2 DM. This would also allow our Attacking players to concentrate on scoring and not defending. We need to keep these teams in their half. Also Black cannae shoot so he should very rarely be leaving our half.

3-2-3-2

Alexander

Broadfoot - Cribari - Bocanegra

Black - Hutton

Little - McKay - Shiels

McCulloch - Sandaza

IMO

I'm prob wrong but thats what makes football great. We all got opinions

Doesn't matter what tactic we line up in. Our footballing philosophy is all wrong.

Until Ally McCoist finds his own unique style, (and I hope it isn't what were witnessing the now). We'll always struggle, regardless of what tactic he decides to line us up in.

The long ball stuff has to stop. It rarely works and is frustrating to watch since we have a midfield capable of playing it on the deck.

The long ball stuff has to stop. It rarely works and is frustrating to watch since we have a midfield capable of playing it on the deck.

The style of play is desparation football if its not a long ball its a cross from 30 yards out and behind the strikers there is almost no thought on how to get at the oppositions weakness yet all our oppositions know ours.

i prefer the wide midfielders pushing the opposition fullbacks back towards their own goal and leave the opposition wide midfielders to the spare centre half. It means your wide mids never get bogged down at the back which effectively has you playing a 5-3-2.

I agree but (SFL3 accepted) all out attack cant happen but if we can press forward all the better BUT their is a defensive role to be played! But we both like the system - thats something!