Goian to Serie B

lathos

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was quoted in an interview yesterday that he couldn't leave Rangers for La Spezia:

http://www.evz.ro/detalii/stiri/Goian-A-fost-extraordinar-997100.html#ixzz245YgE1Rx

Whether it's an issue of pay or not, it looks like he's staying.

If he can sort his form out and get back to how he played at the start of last season ill be happy to keep him. Also nice words from him about the club.

I have no idea what his salary is but it will be too much.A touch of the Whittakers about this situation.

Never really understood the hype surrounding him, was /is a pretty poor defender, can't run can't jump.

I would imagine we would let him go for free to get him off the wage bill but that is just wishful thinking, in the bad old days we would probably have paid him off.

Just why anyone who has watched his recent performances would want to take him is beyond me.

Good luck to him anyway wherever he ends up I just hope its not Rangers.

Not impressed with him at all myself.

But it's annoyingly daft some folk saying stuff like'all the best big man' when no move is looking likely right now. :lol:

:lol: He might end up leaving if he reads this thread. If he wasn't 'a big character' then you do wonder if he would get such an easy time at times. He makes some howlers.

I remember being excellent at the very start and loved the twitter meme someone mentioned.

To me it seems absolutely a morale for him at the moment. He never expected to be playing at such a low level and never should have been made to through off-field nonsense.

To whoever said the only reason him and Boca never left because no one would take them... you are absolutely clueless. You think no football team would take the captain of the USA international squad on a free transfer?

:lol: He might end up leaving if he reads this thread. If he wasn't 'a big character' then you do wonder if he would get such an easy time at times. He makes some howlers.

In the long run he will/would probably be fine for this level, similar with Broadfoot even though he's still looked his usual error prone self sometimes.

So long as Goian doesn't end up demanding to leave on deadline day or in the middle of the transfer ban i'm happy enough for him to stay, I can understand his doubts but he needs to confirm a final decision.

To whoever said the only reason him and Boca never left because no one would take them... you are absolutely clueless. You think no football team would take the captain of the USA international squad on a free transfer?

Well he's available for free now, where are all the offers?

Well he's available for free now, where are all the offers?

I have no problem admitting if I was wrong but is he still available for free now he's signed on for Rangers?

Do you have a list of the negotiated transfer fees from the pay-cut last year? (Not being accusatory at all, I genuinely would like to see what the current value of our players are.)

I remember being excellent at the very start and loved the twitter meme someone mentioned.

To me it seems absolutely a morale for him at the moment. He never expected to be playing at such a low level and never should have been made to through off-field nonsense.

Another gullible clown , where were all the offers for the captain of USA as he was available for FREE ?

Another gullible clown , where were all the offers for the captain of USA as he was available for FREE ?

I forgive the abusive way you said that as I shouldn't have called you clueless.

But I genuinely didn't think his agreement was a free transfer.

Does anyone have an actual list of the negotiated release clauses? Do they even still stand?