Arif Naqvi announced as largest shareholder

Alnic3856

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's some reasonably successful investors/directors at our club. Real trick will be if we can get into England. We could end up being as big as Man U.

How do you mean by "get into England"?

If you are referring to joining the English league, this will, unfortunately, never happen, or at least not any time soon - there are too many barriers.

Must be well respected if the UN have him involved in stuff.

UAE. Arif Naqvi, Founder and Group Chief Executive Officer of Abraaj Capital, has been appointed to the Board of the Global Compact by the United Nations Secretary-General, Ban Ki-moon.

Mr. Naqvi joins 13 business leaders from across the world and is the only Board member from the private equity industry.

The new appointments complete the Board composition, whose members represent all regions of the world and a wide range of industry sectors.

The Global Compact Board is the UN’s highest level advisory body involving business, civil society, labor and employers’ organizations. The United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) is a strategic policy initiative designed to mobilize businesses which share a commitment to ten universally accepted principles, which encompass human rights, labor, environment, sustainability and anti-corruption.

http://www.bi-me.com/main.php?id=57627&t=1&c=35&cg=4&mset=

I know his brother Al fi-moon I shall ask him the next time I see him :sherlock:

I'd have imagined that they'll be happy at a major cash injection into the club, which they don't have to make, and will have been aware that a share option has been on the cards from day one.

The thing is though, I don't really see the reason for a major cash injection at this time. Surely over the next couple of years we have a real chance to start living within our means (or dare I say make a slight profit).

I estimate our income will be right down this year to around £15-£18M, however surely we can manage our expenditure to reflect our income whilst in Div 3, without the need for additional investment.

The thing is though, I don't really see the reason for a major cash injection at this time. Surely over the next couple of years we have a real chance to start living within our means (or dare I say make a slight profit).

I estimate our income will be right down this year to around £15-£18M, however surely we can manage our expenditure to reflect our income whilst in Div 3, without the need for additional investment.

We might just bank it and gain some interest if we're savvy about it. And Chuckie did always say he'd offer a share option at one point, and I've seen folk calling for it already on here. He can't win.

These guys are in it to make money. Its relative peanuts to them to buy a piece of the company, when the time comes to sell their stake they will get a hell of a lot more than what they paid in. Thats not a bad thing, I'm not suggesting it will be at the clubs expense, I'm just under no illusions about why people are interested in buying shares in the company.

It probably is, I'm positive I read it on Bearsden :craphead:

So Charles Green paid 5.5 for the assets etc and paid D&P a further 2-3 million in fees?

No, he paid £5.5M for the assets, at which time D&P became viewed as a creditor, only they get paid in full. The assets still cost £5.5M