I see Jim McColl Clyde Blowers is backing snp ?

BLUEDIGNITY

And if that wasn't enough, then the spirit of your argument was sound, even if the pedants would try to argue otherwise.

I'm absolutely comfortable as to the soundness of my points. And whilst pedantry (literalism in this instance) is a convenient out for BP9 - or he thinks it is - it's easy to see why he's clinging to a refusal to research the issue.

The evidence on the appointment of the technocrats in Italy & Greece is damning.

Here's an example of the reporting as published by Oxford University: "On one hand, Merkel and Sarkozy forced Prime Minister Papandreou out of office when he came up with the idea of a referendum about the Euro last December."

Everyone knows that Merkel and Sarkozy are not Italian or Greek politicians. Or they should.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tutelage is not appoint ? - perhaps you think differently - but still waiting on your proof that another country (or countries) appointed the interim or any Italian government!

You might want to look tutelage up. And then ask yourself what Di Petro might have meant when he offered the quote.

You could also read more on the subject - it clearly fascinates you. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt in assuming you are interested and not merely seeking to save face.

:sherlock:

I'm absolutely comfortable as to the soundness of my points. And whilst pedantry (literalism in this instance) is a convenient out for BP9 - or he thinks it is - it's easy to see why he's clinging to a refusal to research the issue.

The evidence on the appointment of the technocrats in Italy & Greece is damning.

Here's an example of the reporting as published by Oxford University: "On one hand, Merkel and Sarkozy forced Prime Minister Papandreou out of office when he came up with the idea of a referendum about the Euro last December."

Everyone knows that Merkel and Sarkozy are not Italian politicians. Or they should.

There you go trying to defend your point by the back door - now part of politics is about applying pressure and some times under pressure something happens like a minister resigning - but you clearly stated that Italy's government was appointed by another country ( or countries), not tutored (or under tutelage), not influenced BUT appointed - you are adamant on that point (or were) so I though you would find it easy to prove and asked for a reference - I am still waiting, I suspect I may wait some time!

You might want to look tutelage up. And then ask yourself what Di Petro might have meant when he offered the quote.

You could also read more on the subject - it clearly fascinates you. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt in assuming you are interested and not merely seeking to save face.

:sherlock:

I am interested because I have NEVER heard of the Italian government being appointed by another country (or countries) (Oh and yes for this I will accept EU as a country) - I thought I may have missed rather a big current affairs story - but it seems I haven't, at least not on the information I have searched for or been pointed in the direction off.

I am interested because I have NEVER heard of the Italian government being appointed by another country (or countries) (Oh and yes for this I will accept EU as a country) - I thought I may have missed rather a big current affairs story - but it seems I haven't, at least not on the information I have searched for or been pointed in the direction off.

Italians make great fashion, great at football when they are not cheating, great ice cream and fantastic prisoners of war ! :sherlock:

Italians make great fashion, great at football when they are not cheating, great ice cream and fantastic prisoners of war ! :sherlock:

Do we not also credit them with "Fish and Chip" shops ?

So apart from Ice Cream, Fashion, "Fish and Chips", great football (The art of defense), Amaruso and Sophia Loren what have the Italians ever done for us?

So apart from Ice Cream, Fashion, "Fish and Chips", great football (The art of defense), Amaruso and Sophia Loren what have the Italians ever done for us?

They let my grandad escape as a POW twice. And Super Mario X2 (the plumber and the mentalist)

Well there was Marconi who gave us macaroni ! :sherlock:

So apart from Ice Cream, Fashion, "Fish and Chips", great football (The art of defense), Amaruso, Sophia Loren and the AQUADUCT what have the Italians ever done for us?

Then there was Amoruso who showed us the art of drinking Baileys by the bottle ! :sherlock:

Are you fuckin thick stupid or all three, a five year old knows the difference between avoidance and evasion, any kunt avoiding or evading tax is a robbin bastard and should be put up against a wall.

Those fine chaps above in their red tunics get payed a fuckin pittance tae get shot at and defend our liberty, and rich fucks like sand dancing fitba' players and big business along with politicians use every "legal" loophole tae rob the exchequer of the money that funds this country and pays for equipment and the piss poor wages our fine young soldiers are grudgingly paid, and aye the sojers pay full fuckin tax.

No surrender, aye as long as we don't have tae pay full tax, Stalin knew how tae deal wi' the fucks who robbed the state.

You are a typical ferniegair wanker

So apart from Ice Cream, Fashion, "Fish and Chips", great football (The art of defense), Amoruso (Cheers BD), Sophia Loren, the AQUADUCT, Santino Marella, the pizza, letting the Dude’s granddaddy escape (twice), super Mario (both plumber and mentalist) and Marconi (the inventor of macaroni (according to BD :pipe: )) ...... what have the Italians ever done for us?