Rory McIlroy feels more British.

keithgersbear

I'm from N.I and actually have both passports, however I feel the same way as Rory and consider myself more British than Irish, mainly because of my Protestant background and the area in which I grew up. We see talented footballers from Northern Ireland constantly choosing to play for the Republic, harming our own chances of a footballing nation, and as part of the Good Friday Agreement they have that right. Rory has the right to consider himself either British or Irish, and nobody has the right to tell him which one of the two he should feel compelled to represent at the Olympics. He should not be criticized for whatever his decision may be.

- Jon , Bromley, 10/9/2012 13:06

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-2200702/Rory-McIlroy-represent-Great-Britain-Ireland-2016-Olympics.html#ixzz264xga5Se

This guy sums it up, what he feels is what he feels and noone else has a right to say one way or the other.

Isn't he from northern Ireland? I'm not getting it. He is British.

You obviously know those living in Northern Ireland can have Irish or British citizenship or both.

Is he no a taig? I find it ironic that alot of people go on about how much they hate 'fenian bastards' yet are so desperate for McIlroy to play for GB. Oh the irony. Ive no interest in golf so I couldnt give two shits who he represents but good luck to him.

You obviously know those living in Northern Ireland can have Irish or British citizenship or both.

Is he no a taig? I find it ironic that alot of people go on about how much they hate 'fenian bastards' yet are so desperate for McIlroy to play for GB. Oh the irony. Ive no interest in golf so I couldnt give two shits who he represents but good luck to him.

How is Rory a 'fenian bastard'? Does he goto Celtic matches and have jolly old craic with the bheasts singing about the IRA? Must of missed that.

How is Rory a 'fenian bastard'? Does he goto Celtic matches and have jolly old craic with the bheasts singing about the IRA? Must of missed that.

Nope but he is a catholic. Which is enough for some. It was enough for loyalist paramilitaries to kill his uncle. Listen im glad he feels british, but I find it ironic that alot of people who hate people for being a catholic, are so desperate for McIlroy to play for GB.

Nope but he is a catholic. Which is enough for some. It was enough for loyalist paramilitaries to kill his uncle. Listen im glad he feels british, but I find it ironic that alot of people who hate people for being a catholic, are so desperate for McIlroy to play for GB.

No he's not!

Oh and btw, fenian doesn't mean Catholic, it's pricks like you that stopped us from being able to sing our anthem.

Sounds like you have major issue's being a Rangers supporter.

He went to a non-denominational school in Ulster, funnily enough I believe it was the same school the Linfield manager went too?

So if he's a Catholic, he's not a very good one.

Think his fathers catholic and mothers Protestant, and sees himself as British. Graeme McDowell's Protestant but sees himself as Irish. People often forget that amateur golf on the Island is all-Ireland so these guys grew up playing against kids from the South. Probably no big deal to them.

Couldn't give a fuck what he thinks he is or he isn't or how he feels, as a sports person from the local area I've always followed him and wished him the best I'm not gonna wish him well or I'll feeling due to his religion or political beliefs simply want him to win cos he's from round here. He's an ulsterman and a proud one at that here's hoping for a very long and successful career to the young lad.

You're either a taig or a half-wit, neither of which is excusable. This is akin to you calling our Catholic players fenians. If that's not a bannable offence, I don't know what is. Posters have been punted for a lot less.

He went to a non-denominational school in Ulster, funnily enough I believe it was the same school the Linfield manager went too?

So if he's a Catholic, he's not a very good one.

Haha. They are desperate to label him as one when there is no evidence to say he believes in god at all.

Are u 13 and trying to sound 'pure hardcore'?

I don't hate Catholics and suggest that is true for most.

Not agreeing with a church and it's ways isn't the same as hating people who most prob number amongst friends.

As for a.' fenian' that isn't hating Catholics.

Grow up.