***The Official Annan Athletic v Rangers Thread***

Amac9

I agree that we will get promoted but it would make a change that the team

play as a team and its not at ibrox but when we are away thats when it matters.

Ally will talk the talk about not being happy etc the usual media stuff

The players need to be taken on a team bonding session to meet each other

or play some extra games in training as a team against bounce teams

I think we have players brought in who need to take a reduction in wages

as they arent worth it. might be harsh but this is the 3rd division in scotland we are at.

A bad result, but I said at the start of the season, shock results are going to happen - goalless draws; late equalisers; last minute penalties etc - they're going to cost us points, but as long as we get promotion that's all that matters.

If we won all our home games and drew all our away games, we'd have 72points, which I'm confident would be enough to win the division... and lets face it, we are going to pick up more than 18points away from home - and we will pick up a lot more points away from home than what we will drop at Ibrox.

Getting wins at home and draws away WILL be enough to win promotion.. but right now, the league is looking very competitive and is a wake up call to ALL Rangers fans that this isn't going to be piss-easy like most thought it would be.

:21::uk:

Maybe.

But do they work on changing their initial formation and tactics if their plan isn't working? Not for the first time Ally has been spewing with the players, and rightly so, only for them to come out from HT and play exactly the same.

Is it a problem with players not listening to the Management?

Either way it's worrying.

Can you imagine Peterhead away in minus temperatures, who will look interested then?

Was a really poor performance...................did anyone notice any changes to formation, when it was plain to see that the formation was not working? That is what the manager and his coaching staff are there for.....to look at what is wrong during the game and fix it..........................please put t onside everything Ally has been through and the stance he has taken on our behalf.............but results and performances count and we should be striving for the both of them, not just because we are in Div 3.

Young McKay looks superb on the ball.........but the end result is not there all the time. Another who looks the part coming from behind the front players and playing one twos.

Ian Shiels just does not look a player out wind , needs to make the runs from centre of midfield beyond the from player/players.

Ian Black , I used the term sand dancer a couple of weeks ago and it still looks that way, hasn't really imposed himself in many games.

Sandaza......still unfit

Only mentioned the above as they should be the main players moving the team forward. It's aright talking about lack of width and tight parks......but as anyone who has played football will tell you......one , twos played at a high tempo, will tear apart any defence..if not you have the chance for a foul/penalty because of poor defending or just bad luck and poor finishing.

The pass and move that is what is needed.

We have , well to my mind anyway.....a team with players out of position away from home and lack the bite to go at teams.................goes back to my first point .......that is a glaring problem for the manager and his coaches to remedy during a game..

Onwards and upwards.21.gif

A bad day at the office - full support to Coisty as ever he is not on the pitch and even at his age

would have more than probably scored :lol:

Never downhearted we take the good with the bad and carry on -We will all be back next game

Follow Follow - No Surrender .bring it on :21:

It's incredible that at home, the chances we're creating could see us go into double figures for goals in the game. Away, we struggle to create any. Think we missed Temps big time today. When a 17 year old is the only one who looks like creating something and have a little bit of spark, something's wrong. Shiels was horribly off form today as well.

I'm not talking literally, because goal difference etc count. But that doesn't come into it at the moment, we're 4 games in. We're joint second on points.

I think you need to learn how football tables work.

We're fourth.

Remember it. Write it down. Tattoo it on yourself.

You cannot have three teams above you and be second.

As I have said in a previous thread our problem is the coaching staff and if Ally does not get that sorted he could be in a lot of trouble.

We have to get rid of this mentality of always going back then lump a long ball up the park (even junior teams can organise their defence to deal with that style of play).

In this league we should be on our front foot all the time.

Get coaches in who can coach our young players and show the advantages of playing flowing football going forward.

Now is the time to put this into practice as time goes on they will improve as players as well as becoming more confident in their ability.

We have the best of training facilities FUCKING USE THEM.