Top level players

markem

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franck Ribery is the main one for me.

He has a massive reputation, but just about any time I have seen him he has been rubbish and looked no more than average.

i said ribery as well, i have no idea though why coaches, especially the bayern coach in the CL final, played ribery on the left and robben on the right which forced them to cut inside instead of going out wide onto their stronger foot

i said ribery as well, i have no idea though why coaches, especially the bayern coach in the CL final, played ribery on the left and robben on the right which forced them to cut inside instead of going out wide onto their stronger foot

They always play that way and both of them have reputations of being players who like coming inside and shooting or playing the one two on teh edge of the box, so I'm not really surprised that they stuck to it in that final.

I've literally seen Ribery play outstandingly well once. It was a champions league game against either Man City or Real Madrid in Munich. He tore whoever they were playing apartm but any time aside from that I have never, ever seen what all the hype was about.

They always play that way and both of them have reputations of being players who like coming inside and shooting or playing the one two on the edge of the box, so I'm not really surprised that they stuck to it in that final.

reputations or not, surely the Bayern coach watched chelsea against barca and thought "hmmm this mob look tough through the middle, lets see what their fullbacks are like 1v1"

Anytime ribery and robben cut insude another 2 chelsea midfielders were waiting to kill them,

I've literally seen Ribery play outstandingly well once. It was a champions league game against either Man City or Real Madrid in Munich. He tore whoever they were playing apartm but any time aside from that I have never, ever seen what all the hype was about.

ive seen a few german league games and he pretty much runs the show at times for bayern, anytime ive seen him destroy someone its when he isolates the fullback 1v1

1347746783' post='1060447955']

Does Charlie Adam count?

I don't rate half the Man United team of previous seasons (seems to be a better squad than normal this year. Usually a squad of average players.

Agree with that mate and that's why their manager deserves so much credit. FFS he convinced Fletcher he is a player.