Long Throw ins

nachothelegend

As in Title, is there anyone in our Team who could exploit this Technique?

I watch the Championship show, and it seems to be something a lot of the Teams utilise to great effect.

Lots of goals come off it , and we never ever seem to use it.

Can anyone remember the last time we scored from a long throw?

Just another thing we never try out.I wonder why.

Are we missing a trick?

At least Broadfoot's away, he couldn't even take a short throw-in properly. Looked like a big lassie playing netball.

Lol, Broadfoot taking a throw in :lol:. No matter how long he did it, he simply couldn't get to grips with it.

Poor soul.

I watch the Championship show, and it seems to be something a lot of the Teams utilise to great effect.

Are we missing a trick?

Dunno if THAT is a good idea at all... these totty-howkers just LOVE a punted ball into the box to clear.... I recon throwing a ball in will be tantamount to same.

Watched this then aferwards clicked on the bottom right video. Is that Hateley in the lilac top we used to have? The blooper is just before half way through and I'm sure it's Laudrup and Hateley.

It is indeed. We have had some mint tops over the years, but can't say I was ever overly fond of that one tbh.

traitor cunt McCabe is the only Rangers player that I have seen with a good long throw in to be honest.

Does anyone remember that one game a few seasons ago at home against some SPL mob Broadfoot took about 8 foul throws in the one game. The first time was bad enough but then he kept doing it and for some reason refused to change his throwing technique or let somebody else take them to start off with everyone was raging and shouting abuse at him but by the end of it everyone around me was in stitches at the fact a professional footballer couldn't take a throw in.

I have always been frustrated by 'our approach' to throw ins. We have watched players and managers come and go, but dreadful throw ins have been an ever constant. If we are lucky a single player shows for the ball.

Our throw ins for the last couple of years were either throw it to Davis to pass back to the taker or throw it down the line. The other thing that annoys me is the time we take with them, very rarely see a quick throw.

Are we missing a trick?

Not sure if Rangers has ever had a great throw-in player. The best Scots one I ever remember, would be Ian Hutchinson, of Chelsea, (in the 70's).

What a fantastic idea. The whole reason we're struggling against shitey wee division 3 teams is because they have big bastard defenders who we keep kicking the ball long too which they deal with easily. But I bet if we throw the ball at them instead everything will be just fine and we'll score loads