The "Ally out" brigade

FernandoR20

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a huge Ally fan but not as a manager. I think he has to be on the board - he deserves it and is a great ambassador. I feel that Rangers owe him at least that for his playing history and work during the summer.

I was working today so didnt see the game until halfway through the 2nd half and I thought we were very good and I was really excited by the young lads. Luckily the stream I was watching showed highlights at the end and Aird etc were very promising and I thought Hutton was great but I think most of us knew he is very capable.

However...once I read a lot of the reports and saw some more highlights I was slightly dissapointed with a couple of things. Not taking anything away from what was a great performance and credit has to go to Ally for that but...

1) Ally still picked McCulloch in midfield. Come on, not even fanatic Ally fans can agree with that.

2) in an interview Ally claimed that the players were the same ones taking the stick for bad performances. Totally naive and it makes me wonder if he will ever get it as a coach/manager? He was taking the stick! It was his decisions (long ball, playing Jig in MF, questionable signings, inability to motivate, poor substitutions, playing players out of position, reluctance to play youngsters on regular basis etc, etc.) that most were questioning. Does Ally not see that or is he trying to be old school and blame the players?

3) If I'm honest I thought the rest of his interview was a polished media performance and too full of cliches. "long way to go etc"

In my mind Ally just hasnt got it. Superb asset for the club and I really hope that in future he has a huge role to play but I really cant see him implementing a style that will take us forward longer term. I'm more than ready to wait a while and when the fans are as amazing as they were tonight it's hard to show some open negativity but I have to be honest and say that nothing that Ally has done as a manager gives me much confidence longer term. I think the thing to do is wait and see. Some key questions coming up.

Will Hutton (who is obviously good enough) be forced out? As has been the case with many young players under Ally, he doesnt seem to trust them. Will we still play long ball away from home? Will Jig be back in MF? I'll still support the mighty Gers no matter what, but I do worry!

Fans tonight were amazing. If I was there I know I would been caught up in it all and would have been chanting Ally's name too.

Sorry if you dont agree - I'm just being honest.

Not at all the team motivated themselves tonight ... the big games aren't the problem

No but perhaps part of the problem is confidence.

Well lads you just humped the team that is top of the SPL. Players and management should take a lot of confidence from not only the result but the manner in which it was achieved.

Onwards and upwards.

Well lads you just humped the team that is top of the SPL. Players and management should take a lot of confidence from not only the result but the manner in which it was achieved.

Onwards and upwards.

Indeed perhaps they should have had the belief the fans had.

Onwards and upwards.

The lack of long ball tonight and the short passing and running of the ball was really good to watch. The directness of the play was great aswell, Wallace and Aird were great down the left. Hopefully Ally takes it on board tonight how his team can play and the long needless ball is cut out.

Great all round performance tonight from team and management team.

Players done their job and Ally made the right changes.

Bit quiet tonight, aren't you's?

Has this result tonight finally satisified the minority on here who were demanding he quit this time last week?

Or have they just bothered not to post tonight as there weren't any negatives? :sherlock:

This thread is every bit as knee jerk as the ones which wanted him out after one match. It is not a marathon, it is a sprint and managers do not become good or bad after one game. Poor show Rino.

Has this result tonight finally satisified the minority on here who were demanding he quit this time last week?

Or have they just bothered not to post tonight as there weren't any negatives? :sherlock:

why would one result prove that Ally has what it takes?

he still has a long way to go before he has proven himself worthy of the rangers managers job

Team statred like an express train..................defining moment was when Sandaza had to be replaced............Lee moved up front and Hutton came on and played areally good game.........this made the midfield more mobile and less of the slow build up, anyone who couldn't grasp that well......................Hutton played a better midfield roll than Ian Black has manged since he joined us and surely now everyone (Ally included) can see that Lee must be played up front and added to the fact Sheils has to be played behind the striker and with as mentioned a midfield that is attack minded.

Really good performance all round and have to say, I thought before the game the big Brazilian should have been dropped and the French bit played central in the back four and the guy handled the game well and going back to Hutton , yet another game he did not let us down his use of the ball short or long was excellent and his picking up the loose ball as he reads the game well.

Aird superb.........just hope they leave the boy as he is and not say to him that he needs to think about things.............just let him do what he's doing the rest will come the more games he plays.

As for Ally out...........most people questioned his team formations and the fact that he needed to be more positive.

As long as we can get another home tie in the next round.......would love those bastards from up here.

Team statred like an express train..................defining moment was when Sandaza had to be replaced............Lee moved up front and Hutton came on and played areally good game.........this made the midfield more mobile and less of the slow build up, anyone who couldn't grasp that well......................Hutton played a better midfield roll than Ian Black has manged since he joined us and surely now everyone (Ally included) can see that Lee must be played up front and added to the fact Sheils has to be played behind the striker and with as mentioned a midfield that is attack minded.

Really good performance all round and have to say, I thought before the game the big Brazilian should have been dropped and the French bit played central in the back four and the guy handled the game well and going back to Hutton , yet another game he did not let us down his use of the ball short or long was excellent and his picking up the loose ball as he reads the game well.

Aird superb.........just hope they leave the boy as he is and not say to him that he needs to think about things.............just let him do what he's doing the rest will come the more games he plays.

As for Ally out...........most people questioned his team formations and the fact that he needed to be more positive.

As long as we can get another home tie in the next round.......would love those bastards from up here.

Yes I am still here. Tonight is about the team and the club, there are few negatives. The debate about the manager is for another time. Lets enjoy the moment.

Save it for another time we drop points obv...that way your agenda is easier to pedal

Exactly the performance and football style those critisising Ally have been asking for since day one. Hardly any long balls, nice passing and movement. Only 2 players out of position...he still has to learn McCulloch is far better up front. Would love to see McKay/Aird/Templeton on the wings and the Greek put in his favoured position with Hutton/Black at CM.

Well done Ally on last nights performance. Exciting to watch and a huge sigh of relief. Lets hope we can continue to progress in this way and we may have a very exciting Rangers era with a legend in charge as manager. Can't ask for more.

It also shows that if your good enough age is no matter. The younger players played better than most of the signings we made last season who are experienced pros. Brilliant! Give youth a chance even when we are in the SPL!

Can't wait for the next match now! :21:

Fantastic team performance.

Very few asked for Ally to go.

Some expressed doubts about his ability to return consistent performances.

Until we start polishing off Div 3 teams home and away AND cut the long ball then it remains a valid point.

Disappointing to see fellow bears splitting into camps.

Gloating at each othet.

Grow up and act like Rangers fans.

Differing opinions are allowed. People acting like they are somehow 'better' fans is pathetic and smacks of TGFITW syndrome.

Now i know these folks ain't monobrows so cut the shit out.

Please. Or watch a good forum fail.

If u only want a forum with the party line then FF is out there.

Quite right mate, don't miss any of them. Embarrassing.

Ally out brigade? I only saw about 5 fans on here wanting him to go. The rest just wanted more from the manager and are entitled to ask questions after some woeful displays. If praise is allowed then criticism is aswell. Personal attacks are not welcome

Funny, it says 187 on this thread...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=238634

Just saying.pipeb.gif

Funny, it says 187 on this thread...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=238634

Just saying.pipeb.gif

I didn't vote on that thread specifically because there weren't enough choices.

If there was a "I have my doubts but give him the time he deserves" as an option the poll would have been considerably different.

That aside, can we all just sit back and bask in what was undoubtedly a superb achievement last night and stop sniping at each other, even for just a day?

Getting slated by a few for simply sticking up for the manager that was recieving pelters last week and wondering where the culprits were now that he pulled off a brilliant result?

My post was aimed at those telling him to get to fuck NOT the ones criticising his tactics, theres nothing wrong with criticism.

Some of you need to dry your eyes and realise that all i'm doing is sticking up for our manager that's recieved unfair treatment from some 'fans' this season.