The Scotsman propaganda machine

Carsons Dog

A couple of nothing articles by no mark hacks

Tom English had me laughing at the end of his article, completely by passing the point that the SPL is doomed if we weren't to re join by suggesting we would simply have to watch septic dominate forever more.

I'd love to try some of the moonshine that clown is on!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So scenes of suicide are funny according to the scotsman. :mad:

I know a few Ross County and Partick Thistle fans who are just as disgusted. It fails to see that the title sequence hits out at families of those lost to suicide. One Partick Thistle fan was extremely upset as they lost someone who jumped of a bridge not long ago.

I hope we (like some non-Ragners fans) put human decency before a lack of humour :21:.

I can see a TV sketch in my mind with a picture of The Scotsman offices, and the body of Tom English falling from it after being told its closing down, I don't find it funny even if it is about him. And I know he would complain to every man and his dog if the BBC had done that sketch about him. HUMOUR HE HAS NONE THE MANS AN ARSEWIPE :mad: :mad:

How many "jokes" are we supposed to take then? "Fat Sally" being edited to look like an idio before a cartoon out of him falling out a window? Is that all just a joke?

How long should it be allowed to go on for, and what is the line that can't be crossed?

And if it's all just a joke, where's the jokes about other managers? Specky Pat? Yellow teeth Neil? "False teeth" Craig?

Tom English had me laughing at the end of his article, completely by passing the point that the SPL is doomed if we weren't to re join by suggesting we would simply have to watch septic dominate forever more.

I the TITS swallying to much potato water. :7325:

I the TITS swalling to much potato water :7325: oh fuck me memories going Im repeating myself.

Actually, we are all different and individuals in terms of sense of humour, and level of offendedness, etc.

The point about our lack of humour, and persecution complex, and all that jazz isn't necessarily untrue either, but Smith entirely misses the point.

I am NOT personally offended by the BBC's opening montage, I am NOT personally offended by Off The Ball, I am NOT personally offended by much of anything that these morons do.

However... it has clearly been demonstrated that if you want to get anywhere in this country, you need to be officially offended by any hint of a slight. We have put up with years and years of mocking our rivals and their paranoia, but it has clearly got them somewhere, the 'offence' has been used to set the agenda, and to effectively terrify the media.

Unfortunately, the media have realised that if Rangers take the same approach, they will be unable to do their job at all, rather than just attempting to carry out their professional duties with regard to Rangers. They are railing against it by mocking us for our approach, but the outcomes are basically either: a) The media give up completely and just let everyone do what they like and never dare be critical; or b) They grow a set, treat everyone the same, and actually do their bloody jobs.

Clearly, I would prefer the second, but until it is equal, I will be offended by everything and anything I can throw at them.

Aidan Smith: If Rangers want to act all offended, we’ll just have to humour them

Published: 30 September 2012

Rangers' Scottish manager Ally McCoist. Picture: Getty

17 comments

By AIDAN SMITH

"It was a joke. And, this being Sportscene, where animated humour maybe isn’t quite as finessed as on Match of the Day 2, it was fairly clunky. But I repeat: It was a joke."

A joke he says.....

Fair enough. I look forward to the next sportscene program where there is some more animated humour.

Perhaps they'll make a wee silhouette of The Lurgun Bigot opening a parcel bomb. (tu)

(Note to Herr Salmonds thought Gestapo......ITS ONLY A JOKE)

Aidan Smith has been flashing his Rangers hating credentials for over 20 years. The Hootsman and it's Sunday sister, Scotland on Sunday have been providing the platforms for Aidan to spew his bile. Aidan likes to come across as your ordinary fitbaw fan, attending Easter Road and howling abuse at referees and the opposition whilst munching on a pie. He has invested much in establishing his working class credentials, I suspect he only walks on cobbled streets when approaching Easter Road.

Aidan is a FRAUD.

He attended Fettes College. Yep, that Fettes College, the one that also produced Tony Blair and David Murray. Those that remember him at school and Uni' will tell you he was a Sellik supporter like his bean counting banker of a father(should that be pater)? When all those wonderful Eddie Turnbull Hibs teams of the 70s were in full flow, Aidan's desire for bunnet hustling demanded regular attendance at ra Piggery.

Apparently, Aidan found the Hibees in the early 80s. The advantages were obvious, more edge, more cobbles, less travelling, and he didn't even have to change his scarf. He followed Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) for a year, penned a book on the experience, and became the dinner party darling of Morningside and Stockbridge.

The one constant in Aidan's life has been Rangers hating and his Fettes education ensures he is able to take advantage of the opportunities such a mindset provides. Read Aidan's piece again with the information in this biog' and you realise Aidan is the joke. It's just, he doesn't get it.

Actually, we are all different and individuals in terms of sense of humour, and level of offendedness, etc.

The point about our lack of humour, and persecution complex, and all that jazz isn't necessarily untrue either, but Smith entirely misses the point.

I am NOT personally offended by the BBC's opening montage, I am NOT personally offended by Off The Ball, I am NOT personally offended by much of anything that these morons do.

However... it has clearly been demonstrated that if you want to get anywhere in this country, you need to be officially offended by any hint of a slight. We have put up with years and years of mocking our rivals and their paranoia, but it has clearly got them somewhere, the 'offence' has been used to set the agenda, and to effectively terrify the media.

Unfortunately, the media have realised that if Rangers take the same approach, they will be unable to do their job at all, rather than just attempting to carry out their professional duties with regard to Rangers. They are railing against it by mocking us for our approach, but the outcomes are basically either: a) The media give up completely and just let everyone do what they like and never dare be critical; or b) They grow a set, treat everyone the same, and actually do their bloody jobs.

Clearly, I would prefer the second, but until it is equal, I will be offended by everything and anything I can through at them.

Your bang on the money with this post as this all started when the pretend 'offended' all wrote away to UEFA with regards our singing but were quite happy to offend most decent folk with their support for the IRA scum. These complaints were only to get us in trouble, nothing more and nothing less.

The agenda has been set, fueled by the media who dont care for truth, justice or and only want to sell papers and make money.

This has also led to the idiots in the Scottish government jumping on the bandwagon and creating a law about religious crime in football and on the net yet they sit back idly and do nothing about racial crime which is ten times the problem.

Am I offended, nah not really, but will I take a stand and act offended, yer damn tootin I will and I will also continue to be offended until there is some equality and balanced reporting.

Smith's a self confessed Rangers hater- I remember years ago getting his book 'Heartfelt' for Christmas. Even at a young age, it was so easy to pick out dig after dig at Rangers.

As for English, he does make a valid point about the fact that very few are asking questions of Green anymore, but the article's dressed up in a 'holier than thou' attitude that is all too prevalent in the Scottish press today.

In fact, the worst piece of reporting I read this weekend was the match report by Jonathan Sutherland on the BBC. Thank God I read the RM one first, because the BBC's 'match report' was anything other than one....

Your point on Jonathon Sutherland is bang on.

I undertook a long drive yesterday and listened to both BBC Radio Scotland and Radio Snyde for updates.

Richard Gordon broadcast Sutherland's half-time report at 6 minutes past four. In ninety seconds, Rangers hater and Abergreen fan, Jonathon spent most of it banging on about an unawarded penalty for Forres. He said, "the Rangers defender clobbered the Forres forward". Further, "the referee ignored the game changing decision". Snyde's report was a few seconds after the half time whistle and made no mention of the game changing unawarded penalty. In fact, no one else has remarked on this incident.

I don't see this as offensive. he has a go at Celtic as well. And some of what he says is true. Why do some people see the need to dismiss other fans because they support a 'diddy' club. This sort of attitude is prevalent in England as well with Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, etc thinking that their fans are inherently better than fans of smaller teams. I'm a supporter of CG and his statement about not going back to SPL could be interpreted in different ways. But, like Smith says, if this means that we never get the chance to add to our titles or play in Europe again then it cannot be anything but a bad thing.

Just 2 rhambling bhitter bheggars sating their hate of Rangers whilst trying to drum up sales for a dying rhag and getting paid for it. The games up bhoys you and the rest of your cabal are sussed and what goes around comes around. Never Forgive. Never Forget. :sherlock:

Aidan Smith has been flashing his Rangers hating credentials for over 20 years. The Hootsman and it's Sunday sister, Scotland on Sunday have been providing the platforms for Aidan to spew his bile. Aidan likes to come across as your ordinary fitbaw fan, attending Easter Road and howling abuse at referees and the opposition whilst munching on a pie. He has invested much in establishing his working class credentials, I suspect he only walks on cobbled streets when approaching Easter Road.

Aidan is a FRAUD.

He attended Fettes College. Yep, that Fettes College, the one that also produced Tony Blair and David Murray. Those that remember him at school and Uni' will tell you he was a Sellik supporter like his bean counting banker of a father(should that be pater)? When all those wonderful Eddie Turnbull Hibs teams of the 70s were in full flow, Aidan's desire for bunnet hustling demanded regular attendance at ra Piggery.

Apparently, Aidan found the Hibees in the early 80s. The advantages were obvious, more edge, more cobbles, less travelling, and he didn't even have to change his scarf. He followed Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) for a year, penned a book on the experience, and became the dinner party darling of Morningside and Stockbridge.

The one constant in Aidan's life has been Rangers hating and his Fettes education ensures he is able to take advantage of the opportunities such a mindset provides. Read Aidan's piece again with the information in this biog' and you realise Aidan is the joke. It's just, he doesn't get it.

That is genuinely astonishing. He went to Fettes yet his article reads like a Bill Leckie piece.

just a couple of jurnos doing a bit of scribbling to keep there jobs am afraid,i pass there building alot in edinburgh and its always deserted as is the lack of a good story in that place,will go under in time along with there diddy clubs :sherlock: