naming rights

muff8

It would be preferable to keep Ibrox named as Ibrox just for tradition.But selling naming rights is not that big a deal and if the name is not too bad and the money is good then fine by me.I like many others would still call it Ibrox,naming rights is almost like money for nothing.Also I have no problem with Orange or almost any other colour of strip.If it makes the club more money and a lot of fans like it then great.I know some media will try portray the colour orange as sectarian because Rangers are wearing it and thats up to them.I am not an Orangeman and am not religious either but it is not a crime or something to be ashamed of being an Orangeman.I do believe we have a fair bit of our support who like or are in the Orange order,this is part of Rangers heritage weather people like it or not.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time this comes up there's a load of posts about how great it would be if it was the Orange Stadium. Yes it would, but it'll never happen - Orange would never allow it once it was pointed out to them what the connotations are. Anyway, aren't they changing to EE?

If we do sell the naming rights it'd be something crap like the Flybe Stadium.

I'm off to start a topic on how great it would be if we could join one of the English leagues

What goes on in the mind of arseholses is of no consequence to me so fuck off loser, my comment was pure fact nothing else

I retract my statement because after reading your post sober you were only stating in your mind facts and not opinion to whether its right or wrong.

Naming rights only work properly when it's a NEW stadium ie The Emirates !!

Renaming existing stadiums will work when the name is used in official capacity eg news & sports press and media but amongst the general populace, the stadium will always be known by its historical & traditional name ... Sports Direct Arena will always be called St James' Park by Newcase fans, just as Ibrox will always be called Ibrox, no matter what they call rename it to.

Naming rights only work properly when it's a NEW stadium ie The Emirates !!

Renaming existing stadiums will work when the name is used in official capacity eg news & sports press and media but amongst the general populace, the stadium will always be known by its historical & traditional name ... Sports Direct Arena will always be called St Janes' Park by Newcase fans, just as Ibrox will always be called Ibrox, no matter what they call rename it to.

Where is this st Janes park?