If the SPL claim they misregistered players & results, then they should be sued.

OlegKuznetsov

Quite simply, if they tell us that for a decade, their product was repeatedly flawed, with improperly registered players playing in all the most high profile SPL matches, then it is they who should be held responsible- not the club who abided by their rules and actions.

They "rubber-stamped" each player's registration, whilst knowing about the large EBT pot. They did this year on year for more than a decade, and never highlighting any supposed issue.

Therefore, they are responsible for any incorrect results and have effectively profited from selling a faulty product.

Thus, they should be sued for their role in any such outcome.

agreed, they knew about the EBT's being used and they let it go by. The EBT is not something new, or foreign, it has been in practice for ages.

This was a weak excuse for the SFA to kick us while we were down. We all know how that slimey organisation operates. We all know their agenda.

Well, the Rangers are back up on their feet, pulling in world record crowds for a fourth tier game! FEAR US!

FUCK THE SFA, FUCK THE SPL. The third division is not far enough away.

SUPER RANGERS!

agreed, they knew about the EBT's being used and they let it go by. The EBT is not something new, or foreign, it has been in practice for ages.

This was a weak excuse for the SFA to kick us while we were down. We all know how that slimey organisation operates. We all know their agenda.

Well, the Rangers are back up on their feet, pulling in world record crowds for a fourth tier game! FEAR US!

FUCK THE SFL SFA, FUCK THE SPL. The third division is not far enough away.

SUPER RANGERS!

Can you leave the SFL out of it and edit your post to SFA?

Quite simply, if they tell thus that for a decade, their product was repeatedly flawed, with improperly registered players playing in all the most high profile SPL matches, then it is they who should be held responsible- not the club who abided by their rules and actions.

They "rubber-stamped" each player's registration, whilst knowing about the large EBT pot. They did this year on year for more than a decade, and never highlighting any supposed issue.

Therefore, they are responsible for any incorrect results and have effectively profited from selling a faulty product.

it's not a decade it's only since 2005

Agreed the mismanagement was by the SPL and if they were too thick to notice or maybe did notice but waited till they could try to inflict maximum damage on us, thats they're fuck up and opens up all kinds of avenues of potential legal action from fans, players, clubs even sponsors could claim the product they sponsored (SPL) was devalued by the misadministration of the SPL board.

Agreed the mismanagement was by the SPL and if they were too thick to notice or maybe did notice but waited till they could try to inflict maximum damage on us, thats they're fuck up and opens up all kinds of avenues of potential legal action from fans, players, clubs even sponsors could claim the product they sponsored (SPL) was devalued by the misadministration of the SPL board.

Excellent point.

I wonder how much Sky,ESPN and even the BBC as a representative of the nation's licence payers could demand back..

Excellent point.

I wonder how much Sky,ESPN and even the BBC as a representative of the nation's licence payers could demand back..

Cheers Oleg, Enough to bankrupt the spl no doubt, it remains to be seen if the motivation is there by these sponsors to really take the spl to task but i feel they would have a case.

Is this them trying to soften the blow?

It doesn't work for me.

I don't know about softening the blow but there were rule changes in 2005 and we really need to hope that DM took the correct action at that time.

I think if they don't hang us on anything from 2000 (first chapter) then will try hang us on the players from 2005 (third chapter), it doesn't work for me either as they seemed determined to find us guilty on something.

Quite simply, if they tell thus that for a decade, their product was repeatedly flawed, with improperly registered players playing in all the most high profile SPL matches, then it is they who should be held responsible- not the club who abided by their rules and actions.

Isn't their argument not the EBT's but dual contracts?

Excellent point OP - their negligence actually encouraged the problem. If it would be illegal in year 1 - then they should have banned the use of EBT in that fashion.

I travelled 13,000miles for helicopter sunday - can they please pay reimburse me for that expense - as by that time it would/shoud have been banned.

Excellent point OP - their negligence actually encouraged the problem. If it would be illegal in year 1 - then they should have banned the use of EBT in that fashion.

I travelled 13,000miles for helicopter sunday - can they please pay reimburse me for that expense - as by that time it would/shoud have been banned.

It's important for us to look for these little "catches" in the game plan. They may be cunning sneaky bastards, but they're not exactly Hawking and Dawkins.

I don't understand - if we are found guilty of not registering the players' contracts properly, then how can it be the SPL/SFA's fault ??

The football authorities were handed the information about EBT's on an annual basis.

Is their incompetence over the matter to be excused?

I don't understand - if we are found guilty of not registering the players' contracts properly, then how can it be the SPL/SFA's fault ??

Governing body? Duh?

They rubber-stamped these players to play in their most high profile, globally televised matches, year after year whilst having full access to all contracts and annual accounts, the latter of which included amounts for EBTs. If they didn't find anything wrong after one season, they have tacitly approved the use of EBTs and how we administered them.

It's simple really. I just don't get your confusion.

What information on the EBT's - from the Annual Accounts ??

Exactly. If they had any questions, they should have asked them then.

If they retrospectively decide to punish us and therefore render all our results invalid, they are responsible for allowing it to continue year on year.