pars bust

muff8

I hope they die don't kid yourself that any fans of any other SPL club likes us they all despise us and not only did they hope we would die they actively tried to kill us off so for that reason we should do everything in our power to help kill them off, I don't give a shit about winning hearts and minds there is nothing we could do that would make them like us they all despise because we are the biggest team and that will never change and they fucking well don't deserve help or sympathy after all sporting integrity is vital. It's sickening that many on here are willing to just forget everything that they done to us the reason we got in such a mess is that we allowed every cunt to walk all over us and acting with dignity finished along time ago the gloves are now off and we need to fight dirty with tooth and claw until every SPL club is lying in the dirt and there fans are left without a club to support.

(tu) Exactly this is football ffs who the fuck needs "freinds" I don't go to games wondering if the oposition like us or not fuck sake.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(tu) Exactly this is football ffs who the fuck needs "freinds" I don't go to games wondering if the oposition like us or not fuck sake.

I don't think we have to wonder for too long whether people like us or not, if only we had a song that could indicate whether or not we cared about this.

Fair enough, but as I said at the time, all clubs have the right to think, vote and act in whatever way they choose, and to act in their best interests, as we would.

I personally would gladly welcome Dunfermline into Division 3 :thumbup:

Yes but their "best interests" saw Rangers as a weakened outfit and no threat. As did one of your SFL teams who would have kept us out of football. Karma is a bitch, and revenge is best served cold,

I would be happy never to play the bastards again. Do you think Dunfermline perhaps would have "helped us out" if they had taken our place in the SPL ? And the SFL team who voted against us, hopefully their time will come.

Fair enough, but as I said at the time, all clubs have the right to think, vote and act in whatever way they choose, and to act in their best interests, as we would.

I personally would gladly welcome Dunfermline into Division 3 :thumbup:

What makes you think that club could survive like Rangers.

Will 178 loyal souls be enough to bankroll a new company?

Let them die.

Dunfermline had plenty to say about our financial methods and how we should be punished.

Now it is them going under, I hope they receive no help or shelter from anyone in the footballing world. (Tho they will)

They showed us no mercy, so I can't see why anyone would think we should show them any.

It matter not that they are SFL now. They cast their vote so let them live with it.

They won't be the last.

Tick Tock.

Those were there figures up to June 2012, including £4.5m (I think) in player sales from 2 players. Their June 2013 figures will be a much better indicator, after we were no longer in the league.

I know but also Thomson cut wages etc. this season (Its why him and Houston nearly parted company)- I dont like him but he is protecting his club financiallly and ergo Idont think they willl be in much financial danger/

Friday 26 October 2012

• Text size text-size-minus.pngtext-size-plus.png
  • email-icon.png
  • print-icon.png

Jim Leishman quits Dunfermline board amid club turmoil

greig-cameron-wee.jpg

Greig Cameron

Deputy Business Editor

A Scottish football club is facing turmoil after the resignation of seven directors, sparking fears among fans over the future of the club.

Those who have stepped down from the board of Dunfermline Athletic include club legend Jim Leishman.

Documents filed at Companies House show vice-chairman Rodney Shearer, who runs Alba Trees, and chief executive Bill Hodgins have also left.

Craig McWhirter, who heads software company Bitwise, Christopher McBay of music retailer Guitar Guitar, motor dealer Stephen Curtis and Iain Jones, of KDM Shopfitters, are the others who stood down.

Sources indicated to The Herald the boardroom split centred on attempts to buy the East End Park side from the club's major shareholder, retired Bank of Scotland executive Gavin Masterton.

Some directors are thought to believe the Scottish First Division club would be better placed to thrive outwith the ownership of Mr Masterton's Charlestown Holdings vehicle. Members of the Dunfermline board are also understood to have been pressing for Mr Masterton to take professional advice over potential ways to restructure his business interests.

When contacted, Mr Masterton said: "We will be making a comment about [the resignations] in due course."

The lifelong Dunfermline supporter did not want to say anything on the financial situation at the club.

A club statement last night said there was now a Dunfermline board running the first team and East End Park and a second subsidiary board, named Black and White, which will focus on developing the club's youth programme.

Long-serving chairman John Yorkston is still in place. He played down the resignations, saying six of the seven would still be involved in the club in some way. He did not specify which roles those staying would take although he said four will move to Black and White.

It was later confirmed Mr McBay and Mr McWhirter would be moving to Black and White.

Mr Yorkston said: "Bear in mind we had 11 directors. We are re-shaping it. There is only one leaving us. The others are still going to be involved.

"It is getting things a bit clearer on who is doing what."

Mr Yorkston repeatedly declined to name the director who was severing all ties.

A spokesman for Dunfermline Athletic Supporters Club said: "This is quite concerning and very confusing.

"It is clearly not a good thing to see this number of directors resigning."

The most recently available accounts for Charlestown Holdings – which has interests in property and document storage – show it made a near-£4.2m pre-tax loss and had net debt of around £35.2m in the 12 months to May 31, 2011.

Dunfermline's accounts for the same period show a loss of £431,621.

The accounts show Mr McWhirter's Bitwise had loaned Dunfermline £95,000 while Mr Curtis was due £113,600, Mr Leishman £21,919, Mr Shearer £15,667 and Mr McBay £224,000. Steve Curtis Cars was also due £25,000.

It is not yet known whether any of directors who have resigned may now try to call in their loans.

In the accounts filed at Companies House Dunfermline are shown to owe £5.8m to East End Park Limited, which is believed to own the club's stadium and is itself owned by Charlestown Holdings. Charlestown Holdings is owed £2.4m.

The accounts show Mr McWhirter's Bitwise had loaned Dunfermline £95,000 while Mr Curtis was due £113,600, Mr Leishman £21,919, Mr Shearer £15,667 and Mr McBay £224,000. Steve Curtis Cars was also due £25,000.

It is not yet known whether any of directors who have resigned may now try to call in their loans.

Wonder how much money they took out, or enjoyed on expenses and freebies during their tenure, all those games against Rangers must have got them in a few bob . :wink:

I hope they die don't kid yourself that any fans of any other SPL club likes us they all despise us and not only did they hope we would die they actively tried to kill us off so for that reason we should do everything in our power to help kill them off, I don't give a shit about winning hearts and minds there is nothing we could do that would make them like us they all despise because we are the biggest team and that will never change and they fucking well don't deserve help or sympathy after all sporting integrity is vital. It's sickening that many on here are willing to just forget everything that they done to us the reason we got in such a mess is that we allowed every cunt to walk all over us and acting with dignity finished along time ago the gloves are now off and we need to fight dirty with tooth and claw until every SPL club is lying in the dirt and there fans are left without a club to support.

well said m8 :thumbup: