The big suit debate

mclovin9091

395 members have voted

1. 1. Should managers of Rangers Football Club wear a SUIT on matchday?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't matter

He should wear a suit as a matter of course because it illustrates the professionalism we expect from our players, but not every single week. If he is feeling ill, highly stressed, wants to make a point then he should be able to wear training gear.

The OP mentions his works dress requirements are quite strict, but lots of work places have a dress down Friday, so let's give Ally the chance to mix it up occasionally like the rest of us.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think a suit symbolically represents all of standards and traditions?

no, but it's an important one to both me and clearly alot of our fanbase. Imagien telling the fan base 40 years ago that the Rangers manager would be kicking about the touchline in a trackie, we were changing the stadium name to something like SportsDirect.com Arena Glasgow and the team no longer played in blue.

You might think thats extreme, but alot of stadiums are now sponsored and some people believe its simply a matter of tiem until they all are, and look at Cardiffs recent marketing directive to change the colours.

McCoist more than anyone should understand the importance of tradition to the fanbase - he should be helpign the club protect against the erosion of traditions, not abolishing them himself. How our MANAGER is presented is something which should always be of huge importance, we are a club which has always commanded respect. Leave the fucking tracksuits to the great unwashed & other less desirable clubs.

Ally oozes class from every pore. - That's an idea - maybe he should be naked :matron:

Edit: I've just opened my shiny new copy of Illustrated History, and on page 48 there's a picture of Ally, Durranty and Goughie butt-naked in the bath. So in retrospect, I'd like to withdraw my suggestion. :moon:

Edit: I've just opened my shiny new copy of Illustrated History, and on page 48 there's a picture of Ally, Durranty and Goughie butt-naked in the bath. So in retrospect, I'd like to withdraw my suggestion. :moon:

Birthday suit eh? Update the poll

I'd still support the rangers even if well fell flat on our faces

I have done, when periods of the 80's the crowds at Ibrox were down below 10,000, that was a sad time in a great stadium.

But I can't berate the manager at the moment for not wearing the suit at the touchline, no matter how much against the grain this goes for me.

Everbody says he needs to find his own way, style of doing things as in getting out from underneath Walters shadow, if this has become part of his psychological regime to help him make his own stand, then so be it.

It is a heavy burden to be a Rangers manager, with the weight of tradition upon your shoulders and the expectation of the support. Unlike the past, it has been litteraly a joy the way the support has rallied to the club at this time. But history often repeats itself, that is why I say, results are more important at the moment.

It's a joke how we're probably the only support on the planet that have long heated discussions on the manager's dress sense.

Its almost a blessing. Im proud that breaking our traditions is deemed unacceptsble by the majority of our fan base. Those who think it is acceptable dony know what it really means to be a ranger.

Its almost a blessing. Im proud that breaking our traditions is deemed unacceptsble by the majority of our fan base. Those who think it is acceptable dony know what it really means to be a Ranger.

It means A LOT more than a fucking suit, I tell you

Its almost a blessing. Im proud that breaking our traditions is deemed unacceptsble by the majority of our fan base. Those who think it is acceptable dony know what it really means to be a ranger.

Ranger*

Jesus man have you no respect for our traditions, spelling our name without capatlising the first letter. Hang your head in shame.

:P