UB

Don't thinks it's as easy as you think to get a section for that amount of people in the Copland front or they would of been there a long time ago.

It would only take a few people to get that going, IMO.

It's more the chants and songs people are not familiar with and don't know how to join in. It's as if the corner of the Broomloan is the only place that can create an atmosphere.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously you are in the group mate so it's a chance for me to let you know what me and most people I know think as I'm not a member of the UB Forum

The 'ultra' style chants are hard to spread around the stadium as most people need to sit for 90 minutes. When other people start songs from other parts of the stadium (rarely now because we look to the section to start them) it's drowned out by what you guys are singing but could get the full place bouncing if you guys would let it progress. I'd suggest half your group move to the Copland front, If not then start singing songs that are more inclusive of our support other than ones that you need to jump up down like a mad man to take part in.

Simple songs like Follow Follow are ten times better than these European chants. Just my option remember, continue with the good work.

I know what you mean. The only ultra style chant that has actually caught on around the stadium was 'Glasgow Rangers'. They chants do get loud in the section though and the bouncing like fuck is enjoyable due to the section being quite young.

We try our best to sing what the rest of the stadium sings, whenever the stadium is singing and we can hear it we join in. It's sometimes hard to hear with a full section going for it, what the other guy is insinuating that we deliberately don't join in is simply not true and would never happen. Our aim is to get Ibrox jumping again so that would only be stopping that mate.

Oh and the Copland thing, trust me. UB would love to get in to the Copland but it doesn't look like there's even any chance of the section expanding anytime soon never mind the club handing us a section in the Copland. Sadly

I know what you mean. The only ultra style chant that has actually caught on around the stadium was 'Glasgow Rangers'. They chants do get loud in the section though and the bouncing like fuck is enjoyable due to the section being quite young.

We try our best to sing what the rest of the stadium sings, whenever the stadium is singing and we can hear it we join in. It's sometimes hard to hear with a full section going for it, what the other guy is insinuating that we deliberately don't join in is simply not true and would never happen. Our aim is to get Ibrox jumping again so that would only be stopping that mate.

From a personal point of view, being 24, sitting in the Govan front, I'd love you guys to just stick to Rangers/Union/Loyalist songs to get the place bouncing. Most of the time the songs and chants you guy come up with are brilliant but if I tried to join in from half way across the stadium? I'd look like an idiot.

UB to be inclusive of everyone looking to create an atmosphere, anywhere inside Ibrox.

That sounds better to me. (tu)

Ones everyone should know , you trying too be funny ? Lot a the songs are just a tune then some words followed by jumping about like mad men , and some of the support don't like a lot of the songs UB sing suck as jump on the heads of glasgow celtic , song doesn't bother me but know a few that dislike it.
Sing the ones you like then for ffs man

assuming there is some :lol:

That's my only gripe as has been said a few times, not enough loyalist and Rangers songs but as Stato says with a lot of the lads being younger they enjoy a bounce around! A happy medium would be best for all concerned imo

Again another point is, when something happens on the field, ie dodgy decision or a bit of fisty cuffs the stadium would erupt into derrys walls or Fathers advice but I noticed when sitting in the section last year instead of getting the whole ground going, the section would just go with an ultra style chant and missing a great opportunity!

End of the day though these lads have ibrox jumping and its to be commended!

Sitting directly behind a goal rather than the corner would help also. PS bring back TBB :D

Agree with you mate, the boys in BF miss umpteen chances to start NS because they are too busy the ultra chants.

Sort it out lads!!

WE WANT LOYALIST - NOT ULTRA!!!

We could start a loyalist section, but since I only last till about the 60th min before wanting more bevy I'd be the worst group leader ever

I love the atmosphere that BF1 brings to matchdays just now. :clap:

And even at approaching 40, I really enjoy the ultra style chants and co-ordinated madness. :party:

My only gripe, is where the group are situated. In my opinion, the group should be where the away fans are housed, then when our games are televised, the viewers will get a look at our atmosphere creators instead of a half empty silent corner.

I believe this would also help with the atmosphere spreading to other parts of the stadium as well.

I appreciate the security people at Ibrox probably wouldn't want the away fans in BF1, but has the question ever been asked guys?

P.S. Keep up the good work. :peanut:

At the Berwick game the crowd started singing Blue Sea of Ibrox and when others around the UB area starting singing the "capos" or whatever theyre called basically told everyone to be quiet and not sing that song. As if the only songs that should be sung are ones started by UB. I like the UB/TBO but some seem to think theyre better fans than anyone else. Every time a thread about them that is not 100% praising them gets shut down and the OP made out to be an arsehole.

Thats the main reason I feel the whole Ultras shite should just get dropped and they should just be a singing section with displays etc. Because the ones who think theyre ultra just come across as arrogant and big headed like they are the only true Rangers fans because they sing the whole game.

See they wee wans that dae the crowd surfin', they deserve banned fae every fitba game so they dae.

Away to fuck, BF1 is the only thing other than what's on the pitch that's bringing excitement, atmosphere and colour to the stadium. If that takes "6 guys" not watching the game through their own choice, then so be it.

The people we are , aw that sounds great ayeam going to the football the night no going to watch any football but gawny face the other way and sing, now does that not sound a bit pointless to you ? It may get fans going but do you really need tae watch them sing and not the game ?

Can you no just let the guys do what they want? Whether it's pointless or not, it obviously makes them happy, it's not hurting you, and Rangers get the money from their tickets.

So what's the problem?

Edit: Sorry, I didn't notice how long this thread was. You probably said that pages back, and there's probably been lots more said since then, so no doubt it's all been covered.