Should John Greig now be asked to return to the Fold?

The Mongoose

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

eh no i'm sick of this jobs for the boys shite we have we need people with business knowledge and skill and John Grieg isn't the brightest of fellows and during his time behind the scenes at Ibrox he didn't show any passion, leadership or enthusiasm for his job. I remember when I was around 11/12 I went to on of those Rangers Residential Camps for a week at Glasgow Uni and at the end we got out photos taken with the SPL trophy and got to shake hands with and meet Sandy Jardine and John Grieg while Jardine was enthusiastic and keen to speak to us, John Greig sat there with a miserable look on his face not smiling once or making any effort to talk to any of us or our parents he couldn't wait to get out of there some kids dad asked for a photo but John Greig just waltzed right past him into a car and left without speaking or even agnoledging him at all. That is not the way an ambassador of Rangers should act he doesn't deserve to be employed by Rangers anymore. He might have been a great player for us but as an ambassador of Rangers he is a joke.

Sandy Jardine has done far more for Rangers in that role it wasn't John Greig standing on the steps outside Hampden rallying the Rangers support it was Jardine.

Now that (Sir) Walter is back at his rightful home, should the Club offer a position to The Greatest ever Ranger John Greig?

I am sure there must be a position that he could fill ( And I don't mean at full back etc before the cunny funts start posting!) :happy:

The Greastest ever Rangers is already at the club. Ally McCoist. :sleep:

As far as I'm concerned,the only job that John Greig is qualified to do at Rangers would be as an ambassador for the club (which Sandy Jardine seems to be handling quite well by the look of things), so unless he would be interested in that position gratis then he should just come back a supporter.

Stop the jobs for boys? So, we shouldn't give Walter the job? John Greig is an historical figure of our club. A great Ranger, voted The Greatest by us. I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Can I ask you what Greig used to actually do? I agree with the previous poster that he's a miserable person compared to Sandy so IMO we that the better Ranger enployed.

Can I ask you what Greig used to actually do? I agree with the previous poster that he's a miserable person compared to Sandy so IMO we that the better Ranger enployed.

He was a board member who acted as an ambassador for Rangers.

There's obviously a lot of bitterness towards him, over not being vocal, doing enough, over the last year. Those judging him should ask themselves what they did to warrant their judgements of others. We expect a lot from The Greatest Ranger Ever and its natural to feel let down as he stayed away. It was a highly emotional time and we all make mistakes. But, like I said, I'd take him back in the same role as Walter (non-exec board member) in a heartbeat.

He was a board member who acted as an ambassador for Rangers.

There's obviously a lot of bitterness towards him, over not being vocal, doing enough, over the last year. Those judging him should ask themselves what they did to warrant their judgements of others. We expect a lot from The Greatest Ranger Ever and its natural to feel let down as he stayed away. It was a highly emotional time and we all make mistakes. But, like I said, I'd take him back in the same role as Walter (non-exec board member) in a heartbeat.

There's bitterness towards him for the reasons outlined in Sporting Lesbians post above.

Lots of people, myself included, can tell similar stories about him.

It's a definite NO from me.