Stv news Rangers exclusive coming up

RFC55

No one apart from Man u, Man City Barca or Madrid will pay this money to anyone.

But all of these teams owe the taxman in their own counties. But because of how much money they get through sky etc nothing gets done about them.

Yup its the old story of one rule for the rich and another for everybody else.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as a few people have said here, a good scouting setup is a must. We should be looking at eastern european players who are on a pittance at the moment and £4 - £6k a week would be a dream wage. We could also scout a few gems from the Dutch, German, Spanish and Italian lower leagues - but we need scouts who can see the potential of a players ability within a team of less skilled players (in other words the ability to spot a player who is being held back by the lack of ability of his current team mates (something similar to Jordan Rhodes when he was at Huddersfield)). Also, the bosman market should be utilised as much as possible to get decent players for 2 or 3 seasons - a lot of decent players, good enough for scottish football, are released by top clubs every year as surplus to requirement either because they struggle to make the first team or because the team they are with needs to be trimmed back. But the scouting system needs to be sorted first.

I agree with 50% of turnover. I don't however agree that we should limit wages to any certain number. Sometimes you need to pay a bit extra for quality that can be the difference in coming 1st or 2nd, as long as we are still under the 50% of turnover then it shouldn't matter.

Problem there is if you push the boat out for one or two many others decide they're deserving of the same, way of the agent and all.

Our costs should be at their very lowest this season. We shouldn't still be making a loss.

Our income is also very low this year, like I said the tickets are cheaper, some sponsors have gone, JJB has gone, we have costs because we have to pay back football debt, the authorities have withheld cash, we have legal costs. It will change but it will take a season to get things back on track and in a stronger position than for many years.

a full published FSA document is due for release next week in light of the share issue so we will get alot of answers whn that comes out - its very tightly regualted document and will be assessed by the media & fans with a fine tooth comb.

the only idea i have as to why they would predict a loss in year 1 would be due to the initial purchase of £5.5m + initial investments required to launching.

New businesses rarely make a profit right from the off mate. Fuck sake.

to be fair, new businesses don't usually sell 35,000 season tickets for hundreds of pounds in their first month of trading. But, we can't criticise until we see the numbers broken down.

think of all the shite we have had over the years on high high wages we could of got rid and put all that money into our scouting, scout young talent worldwide.

Also it makes me wonder what boca and goian are on a week? ally wants them back, green puts a wage cap? maybe the wage cap will be in the region of 15-17 mill?

Doubting the value of the Club being able to be doubled is very pessimistic. If the Club gets valued at £30m after the IPO and we are at our lowest point, it is not impossible to double that valuation in just a few years. I'm being realistic here based on the concept of RFC running at a profit annually. Investors will want a dividend paid out which will be unusual in any football club but will increase the share value and the Club's worth. Turnover will increase dramatically. Season ticket prices will go up as will hospitality and sponsorship monies. TV income will increase as will turnover from merchandising.

RFC has been run badly on and off the park in past years. We have paid too much in transfer fees and wages. Look at some of the clubs which have beaten us in European competition (Malmo, Maribor, Kaunas, Unirea, Osasuna, Auxerre, Alkmaar, Zizkov) in the last 10 years and they all operated on budgets far less than ours.

As for some of our commercial deals, the Club has been undersold for years. We have never been marketed to our full potential.

STV made a big deal about the season ticket prices going to increase in the next few years as if that was going to be a surprise to everyone. We all knew that would happen. Even when/if they do increase by 20% then 15%, I'll still be paying less than I paid for the last few seasons. We will also have better players by then.

They were also derisive about wage costs of 33% of turnover. If that turnover is £60m then wage cost will be almost three times greater than they are today. That is a significant increase in anyone's language.

STV tried (or so it appeared) to make a negative story from the information when in actual fact it sounds positive to me if proper consideration is given to all factors which would come into play for RFC going forward in the next 3 or 4 years.