Rangers FC- Blue Heaven ( football documentary)

ForeverBlue1872

A look back at the tv series 'Blue Heaven' ten years on. The original show followed a number of young Rangers FC footballers as they tried to forge a career in the professional leagues.

Not sure if it's been posted or not but it's a documentary about players who have made/failed it at Murray park, there's the likes of Charlie Adam signing his first Rangers contract, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LTDTCxn3ug

I went to school with one of the boys off that who was top class but was let go after a few years for being too small.

Not sur if he made it elsewhere but I knew a few who were let go because they didn't have 'the right build'

I went to school with one of the boys off that who was top class but was let go after a few years for being too small.

Not sur if he made it elsewhere but I knew a few who were let go because they didn't have 'the right build'

I've heard similar stories to the one you said, I think it probably happened to a lot of 'smaller players at many clubs until you seen the likes of Barca playing with players who weren't the usual "tall players," footballs changed from then and quite rightly so.

Thankfully the tide looks to be turning in that sense now that we have seen the likes of McKay, Aird and McLeod, who more than make up for what they lack on the physical side of things with their intelligence and skill!

Thankfully the tide looks to be turning in that sense now that we have seen the likes of McKay, Aird and McLeod, who more than make up for what they lack on the physical side of things with their intelligence and skill!

That's it, I remember watching the Messi documentary and they were saying that put him on a special diet to put on a bit of weight instead of just hunting the players out the doors because they don't have the build of a footballer, times have changed and there's a lot of world class players who are small in stature.

I've heard similar stories to the one you said, I think it probably happened to a lot of 'smaller players at many clubs until you seen the likes of Barca playing with players who weren't the usual "tall players," footballs changed from then and quite rightly so.

Agree with both (tu)

If your good enough then you should make it, with the correct attitude of course. It shouldn't be if your big enough, your good enough, not anymore anyway.

McKay, Aird and Macleod are all doing exceptionally well which looks positive for the future :D

Shame with the boy who was a prospect then ended up working in Asda and his dad dying.

Same guy? I'm sure the Asda boy was the wee ginger kid that was told he was too small and was let go an ended up playing for another team that wore Rangers shirts but weren't affiliated with the club.

You see on the documentary Jordan McMillan at Rangers since he was a wee boy talking about only 1 or 2 players got the chance at the first team, it shows how hard it was for players to make it at Rangers.

I think we've changed all together now, a forced change granted but I think it's a change that will do our club good in the future with all the talent coming from the youth players and actually getting a chance to play for the first team in front of massive crowds.

First time ive seen this. That boys story would bring tears to your eyes. His old man must have been so proud obviously an old true blue, shame for him and the family.

Same here the video just got posted on youtube days ago, I can remember the BBC Blue heaven documentary years ago but this one is ten years later, I don't know where it was shown though.

Same guy? I'm sure the Asda boy was the wee ginger kid that was told he was too small and was let go an ended up playing for another team that wore Rangers shirts but weren't affiliated with the club.

It wasn't the boy I knew, pretty sure he ended up a joiner and has his own business now.

I saw this the first time round and although it was a good insight as to the inner workings of the club I was left a bit saddened by the guys that didn't make it and the program following them through to what seemed like a semi tradgic career in a supermarket.

I'm sure this was a BBC program which adds to the surprise of how they've treated us subsequently.

Same here the video just got posted on youtube days ago, I can remember the BBC Blue heaven documentary years ago but this one is ten years later, I don't know where it was shown though.

It was shown last year on STV I believe, although may be two or three years ago doh, you how time flies :lol: