Jim Traynor- Today

JamieG54

I dislike Traynor. He has not been going out of his way to show 'support', but I have heard him on several occasions on Radio saying the witch hunt had gone too far etc. I can't think of anyone else in the media who has been stated this. Any this article today was right on the button. So for me, currently, the least bad jurno by a mile.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are to only listen to journalists who have only ever said positive things about us, your world must be awfy quiet.

Still, it must be dead easy seeing things in only black and white.

My opinion is the Scottish media as a whole should be ashamed of the way they have hounded us. People like Traynor, Spiers and the like are shitting themselves and over the next few days I expect more Arsehole journalists to pop out trying to be on Rangers side.

Have been working down south over the last few months and I am In Belgium the now working so this week have only seen Spiers on youtube and online reports however bbc world did a special last night and were reporting that the whole Glasgow Rangers saga has been "ludicrous".

The above is the only piece that really irks me, why does he say this when time and time again it has been said that Rangers are still the same club that was formed in 1872! The story from another journo on the front pages and beyond which says, and i quote " In a stunning twist to the saga which saw the club crash out of existence and a new club formed" what the fuck is all that about? all we will get now, again, is every Rangers hater clinging to those very words to argue that we are a new club, its so fucking frustrating, i'm of the opinion that C. Green needs to make a separate statement on this and this alone, to leave any of the doubters in no doubt at all that the Rangers are the same club as which was formed and all history is intact, i know he's said things like this in the past but it needs to be made much clearer!

It really pisses me off when these journalists argue that it is a matter of opinion whether we are a new club or not.

Are Leeds, Middlesbrough or Fiorentina new clubs - I don't think so.

They are merely pandering to the bheasts in the hope that they do not boycott there newspaper.

Only this week, the BBC stated that Port Vale were saved from liquidation, when in fact the assets have been sold to another company - just like Rangers

My opinion is the Scottish media as a whole should be ashamed of the way they have hounded us. People like Traynor, Spiers and the like are shitting themselves and over the next few days I expect more Arsehole journalists to pop out trying to be on Rangers side.

Have been working down south over the last few months and I am In Belgium the now working so this week have only seen Spiers on youtube and online reports however bbc world did a special last night and were reporting that the whole Glasgow Rangers saga has been "ludicrous".

it is interesting to think what would have happened if the irish lot had been in this trouble. would there have been the same outcry, the same vitriol? i just cant help but think it would be considered bigoted to attack them the way we were attacked. i just cant see a jounalist going after them - we seem like an open target that everyone is allowed a shot at - why is this? to your point though, you are right - the Scottish media is a disgrace. hopefully heads roll for this

He was also excellent on Radio Scotland there.

He stated that some people in his profession and in other SPL clubs all got carried away with the internet accusations. He continued his charge against them stating they chould be ashamed and take a long hard look at themselves-they destroyed Scottish football because of their hatred for one club. He dismissed title stripping as a ludicrous idea that can't be taken seriously, although the inquiry should continue merely to save their faces, which was the one bit that disappointed me.

Traynor was one of the first to go after us about this and he attacked the club mercilessly over Whyte (ok he was correct to attack him so no problems there)

However his attitude towards us has completely changed over the last few weeks and I'm actually glad it has he is one of the better journos in this cess pit of a country so it is better to have him onside than not.

On another note his fellow BBC Scotland employes Gordon, Macleoud, Young etc should be tarred and feathered for the damage they have caused along with Clyde 1.

To be fair since the start off the season tranor has been writing decent things about Rangers, by no means is he perfect but hes been more even handed than the rest of the press, who seemed to be enjoying it all to much.

He was also excellent on Radio Scotland there.

He stated that some people in his profession and in other SPL clubs all got carried away with the internet accusations. He continued his charge against them stating they chould be ashamed and take a long hard look at themselves-they destroyed Scottish football because of their hatred for one club. He dismissed title stripping as a ludicrous idea that can't be taken seriously, although the inquiry should continue merely to save their faces, which was the one bit that disappointed me.

I think he was saying that the SPL will only continue their investigation to save face, not that he thinks they should do. Thats the way I picked him up but may be mistaken. I thought Traynor was spot on again and interview with AJ was excellent.

Jim Traynor is possibly the only Journo who actually comes out of this with his credibility intact.

Well said. Was never a fan but found his articles in recent times to be the only ones actually looking at the facts and coming to a sensible conclusion.

Traynor just stated there are emails in circulation that could only have come from the tax authorities and appear to have names on them.

It's only a matter of time until these come out.

Penalty is up to five years in prison. Wonder if a religious aggravator could be added??

He has risen in my estimation recently and while i believe he has seen the Rangers Revival much quicker than his collegues and appropriatly changed direction, its still much needed in these days of mhedia corruption and lies. Still needs to go public with that evidence of Lieswells part in all this though.

In recent times Mr Traynor has been one of the very few journalists/pundits to put their head above the parapet and speak out against the witchhunt against our Club.

Traynor is a canny lad, I hope he has something up his sleeve that can be used to hammer those who did their utmost to kill Rangers.