Sandy Jardine update

Captain Hilts

Sandy Humbled By Support

Sandy Humbled By Support Written by Lindsay Herron

RANGERS legend Sandy Jardine has contacted the Club today to pass on his thanks for the unbelievable messages of support he and his family has received since he revealed he was being treated for cancer.

Sandy has been in hospital for over two weeks but he is now out of intensive care and wanted to convey just how much the best wishes of Rangers supporters, staff and indeed the wider Scottish football community has meant to him.

Sandy saod: “I would like to pass on my thanks to everyone who has contacted my family to pass on their support. I have been truly humbled by the good wishes and it has meant so much to me.

“I also know the supporters arranged a minute’s applause at the Elgin game on Sunday and I can’t thank them enough for that touching tribute.

“It has been a difficult time for me but I am now out of intensive care and the messages of support I have received have been very uplifting. I am truly grateful to everyone who has contacted the Club and my family to offer their support.”

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard DJ on clyde lastnight saying sandy was doing alot better so its great news.

He will have a long way to go as im sure alot of us have been effected in some way with this horrible disease but im sure sandy will pull throught!

Everyone is thinking of you and your family sandy!

WATP