Regarding Boycott - What If We Draw?

TMB

If we boycott the game away to Dundee United that's one thing. There is however a chance of a draw and a replay at Ibrox is their not? What would happen in that situation? Most probably we'd pack Ibrox, split the gate, and the whole situation would become a farce.

Regardless of what happens in terms of a boycott let's hope to fuck we don't draw that game it'd be a disaster.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't be a farce. It would be a statement of intent that we won't set foot in the grounds of those who tried, sorry, did fuck us over. We don't boycott Ibrox despite how much the gate gets split, that's how it is, unlike some certain "ultras" from a ground nearby.

It's about making the statement that they can no longer rely on our massive sell out at away games anymore and thus cannot budget on expected earnings.

They said they didn't need or want Rangers so why should they get all the money that thousands of bears travelling to their shit hole of a town brings?

Let's see how they cope with the biggest support in Scotland saying 'FUCK YOU' when their big home game comes along.

It's not hard to understand.

If it goes to a replay, they will get half the cash of a large attendance, there's nothing we can do about that. However, the low life Dundee Hibs board and wee nyaff Thomson will realise how much they would have made if they had voted to support The Rangers in the first place.

As I said in another thread its about setting an example for its not about hurting clubs pockets its about protesting against a club that have an agenda to hurt our club. As we all agreed I would never boycott home game however I would need to seriously think about this if it went to replay

People should stop alluding to the financial impact our boycott will have on these clubs. It's hypocritical. When a game at Ibrox will make them A LOT richer. It's(boycott) a moral stand against the clubs and the organisation that tried to ruin our club. It's got nothing to do with money, because when it's(cup game) at Ibrox we will show up and we will give them half. If the draw had been at Ibrox, or if it goes to a replay, they would be gleefully rubbing there hands at a nice, big, fat pay-day.

Still financially supporting a club that tried to kill us and strip our titles tho!

The financial side of things is not important for me....we should never "boycott" a game at Ibrox regardless....the fact is could you visit a stadium and sit with people who tried to destroy our club...if we go with our amazing support it almost is an acceptance of what happened.

People should stop alluding to the financial impact our boycott will have on these clubs. It's hypocritical. When a game at Ibrox will make them A LOT richer. It's(boycott) a moral stand against the clubs and the organisation that tried to ruin our club. It's got nothing to do with money, because when it's(cup game) at Ibrox we will show up and we will give them half. If the draw had been at Ibrox, or if it goes to a replay, they would be gleefully rubbing there hands at a nice, big, fat pay-day.

It's not hypocritical at all.

This is not about cup games, this is making a stand to let DU and others know that when we are back in the top division we will not be stepped on again and our support will no longer line their pockets because make no mistake our £ has been fundamental to these clubs running in the past.

The financial side of things is not important for me....we should never "boycott" a game at Ibrox regardless....the fact is could you visit a stadium and sit with people who tried to destroy our club...if we go with our amazing support it almost is an acceptance of what happened.

This would happen at Ibrox. We'd be in the same stadium as those people. The best way to describe this boycott would be, 'a sit-out'. We are refusing to attend away games until a change happens, it's a moral stand we could call it Fans Integrity. Whether that change is restrucuring the spl with new leaders or disbanding it and starting again with the SFL. Until that change happens we will not attend any away games under the spl umbrella or with any of their products(clubs).

It's not hypocritical at all.

This is not about cup games, this is making a stand to let DU and others know that when we are back in the top division we will not be stepped on again and our support will no longer line their pockets because make no mistake our £ has been fundamental to these clubs running in the past.

It's a moral stand that has nothing(Edit: very little) to do with finances. Were the game at Ibrox they would make a lot more money from it. That's the plain facts. If you want to "no longer line their pockets" then you shouldn't attend Ibrox should this go to a replay.

It's a moral stand that has nothing to do with finances. Were the game at Ibrox they would make a lot more money from it. That's the plain facts. If you want to "no longer line their pockets" then you shouldn't attend Ibrox should this go to a replay.

You clearly did not read my post once again.

What don't you understand about it being a statement of intent?

The financial side comes into play when we are back in the top flight, just now is about showing our strength and commitment to the cause.

Please keep up.

This would happen at Ibrox. We'd be in the same stadium as those people. The best way to describe this boycott would be, 'a sit-out'. We are refusing to attend away games until a change happens, it's a moral stand we could call it Fans Integrity. Whether that change is restrucuring the spl with new leaders or disbanding it and starting again with the SFL. Until that change happens we will not attend any away games under the spl umbrella or with any of their products(clubs).

Neat way of putting it (tu)

That's fine, many many others point to it being for financial reasons, for a split gate in a cup game that's nonsense, a replay illustrates that perfectly.

I'm not for a minute suggesting anyone should boycott Ibrox; my point is there was a lot of venom shown last night to many bears who said they might attend the game, in particular comments like "you will be financially supporting a club that tried to kill us".

We have already supported 2 clubs financially who tried to kill us.

You clearly did not read my post once again.

What don't you understand about it being a statement of intent?

The financial side comes into play when we are back in the top flight, just now is about showing our strength and commitment to the cause.

Please keep up.

Why must you and your wee mates constantly belittle me. I don't understand what purpose it has in our discussion. If you read my post you will see I agree.

It would be nice to hurt them in the pocket as well, but for me the main point of the boycott is to make a statement regarding our treatment by SPL clubs.

lets assume we beat Dundee Hibs.

Quarter Final drawn away to Septic.?

who were every bit as guilty as all other SPL clubs( except Kilmarnock.) in voting us out.

will boycott still apply, i think not.

i am not advocating No boycott, just pointing out a hypothetical scenario. where i think the boycott would disintegrate.

a lot will say they will boycott Septic Park, but i,m certain our allocation for that game would be sold out.

i must point out that personally i won,t go to to either tannadump or Septic Park

must say i dislike the threat of violence propounded by some on here.

however now that the boycott of this match is official club policy, then i think most will follow the official line.

however should some individuals decide (as is their democratic right in a free country) to attend this match, them i feel strongly that any threat of violence, is only playing into the hands of our Many enemies

As I said in another thread its about setting an example for its not about hurting clubs pockets its about protesting against a club that have an agenda to hurt our club. As we all agreed I would never boycott home game however I would need to seriously think about this if it went to replay

We are setting a precedence here and what happens if we get the scum at the pigerry in the next round, does that mean CG needs to refuse the tickets ??