Richard Gough

trueblue68

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Met Gough at recent Ibrox Legend Tour. Totally underwhelmed. Loved him as a player but as a club ambassador he was very poor. Didn't know what to say, kept disappearing, talking on mob etc. big let down.

Said he was still friendly with Sir Walter and I asked him if he thought SWS would come back to Ibrox in any capacity. He said absolutely no way!!! Shows just what he knows eh ?

Met Gough at recent Ibrox Legend Tour. Totally underwhelmed. Loved him as a player but as a club ambassador he was very poor. Didn't know what to say, kept disappearing, talking on mob etc. big let down.

Said he was still friendly with Sir Walter and I asked him if he thought SWS would come back to Ibrox in any capacity. He said absolutely no way!!! Shows just what he knows eh ?

TBH it's often the way take them away from football and they are very ordinary people ... look at his old defensive partner butcher for example who's a bit of an embarrassment these days but was a giant on the park

The fact that you felt compelled to post it says it all about yours.

What this you mean....

I would agree that the majority do back a boycott, but i think would has been very disturbing this past day, is the lack of respect to fellow Rangers supporters who have a differing opinion. I dont back a boycott to be honest, but i do not think any less of you or any other Bear who does back it. I understand why you feel how you do. But the way that some people are speaking to each other in here has been nothing short of shocking. Gough has done enough to at least have his opinions respected, even though it may not match their own. Some of the "bawbag, arsehole" etc etc comments are well out of order.

Wanting everyone to respect each others opinion......... How shameful of me.

That sounds like he was pretty rude. That is not on. These tours aren't exactly cheap either.

What this you mean....

, but i do not think any less of you

Wanting everyone to respect each others opinion......... How shameful of me.

Why is your attitude to others opinions worth mentioning specifically. Reeks of ubber fandom to me.

Listening to Radio Scotland this morning,"Rangers are refusing their ticket allocation,well here`s what Richard Gough had to say" Disappointed in Goughie,not only for his total lack of understanding,but for giving the BBC more ammunition.By the way,Broon was a better centre half!

Say what we want you to say, believe what we want you to believe or shut up and fuck off... Yeah great guys, you all sound like marvelous people. (tu) No wonder people laugh at some of the shit posted on here.

And dont forget condescending posts too.

No doubt there will be other articles that pour more pertrol onto the flames of controversy about all that's happened and still happening to Rangers this year. It's a real pity that Richard G could not have placed a lot more emphasis on the damage SPL clubs unanimously chose to inflict on Rangers - the club he served with pride for so many successful years. Unfortunately he is not, in my view, showing enough of an up-to-date grasp of the monumental impact it has had on the club and on Bears who support Rangers with every fibre of their being and not just because they signed up from another club at a distant time in the past.

I would be fundamentally more impressed with any articles written by former Rangers players if they had at their evident core a realisation of the causes of active harm (as Charles put it) meted out to Rangers by various organisations and people and media. They will write what they write - that's the nature of things. And we will judge accordingly - that is also the nature of things. And in these ultra stormy times of active harm against the club that gave them the opportinity to gain the glories they won with the club then I would expect former players to stand up more visibly for the club.

I disagree with Richard Gough on this, absolutely and completely.

I disagree with the approach that 'we are where we are and we just need to get on with it'

I disagree with the concept that we should care that our stance will damage Scottish football in the long run.

I disagree that we should be the ones to lead with the olive branch and that we should be the ones to stop the bitterness.

The real criticism that we are receiving is not for the fans boycotting, but that the club are supporting the stance. It would have been so much easier for Charles Green to take the allocation, try to sell it, get a few people going and unofficially back us, but, because he has taken the stand with us, he is being criticised. More power to his elbow, and long may he 'pander' to us.

All that being said, Richard Gough is also fully entitled to his opinion, and it is a valid stance. I almost envy his lack of bitterness over this whole situation. Also, for the record, he was a much better centre back than John Brown.

I disagree with Richard Gough on this, absolutely and completely.

I disagree with the approach that 'we are where we are and we just need to get on with it'

I disagree with the concept that we should care that our stance will damage Scottish football in the long run.

I disagree that we should be the ones to lead with the olive branch and that we should be the ones to stop the bitterness.

The real criticism that we are receiving is not for the fans boycotting, but that the club are supporting the stance. It would have been so much easier for Charles Green to take the allocation, try to sell it, get a few people going and unofficially back us, but, because he has taken the stand with us, he is being criticised. More power to his elbow, and long may he 'pander' to us.

All that being said, Richard Gough is also fully entitled to his opinion, and it is a valid stance. I almost envy his lack of bitterness over this whole situation. Also, for the record, he was a much better centre back than John Brown.

It's not about bitterness it's about stopping turning the other cheek. If you are dealing with good and decent people they will respond well to conciliatory behaviour unforunately the scumbags we are faced with up here will only see it as weakness and an encouragement to grow stronger

It's not about bitterness it's about stopping turning the other cheek. If you are dealing with good and decent people they will respond well to conciliatory behaviour unforunately the scumbags we are faced with up here will only see it as weakness and an encouragement to grow stronger

I am not accusing anyone else of bitterness, but I am definitely filled with it. Personally, I am waiting for clubs to go to the wall, and I will laugh at them as they disappear.