Richard Gough

trueblue68

Some supporters just have no respect for players who have given it all for us in that blue jersey.

Fuck you! :cgreen:

So you agree Rangers fans should give money to our enemies then.

It's that attitude that sees us where we are.

I did hold Gough in the utmost respect, but his utterings on this are of appeasement.

The other clubs have had their fun and kicks, now it's coming back on them they are suddenly in favour of "moving on"

Fuck that and fuck anyone else who would see us handing over money to people who want to see our club vanish.

They would prove the numbnuts right who said it was OK to slap Rangers as their fans are all talk and won't boycott.

People are free to choose, but in going to these games, they are are just handing ammo to the opposition. They aren't so squeamish about using it.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did hold Gough in the utmost respect, but his utterings on this are of appeasement.

The other clubs have had their fun and kicks, now it's coming back on them they are suddenly in favour of "moving on"

Fuck that and fuck anyone else who would see us handing over money to people who want to see our club vanish.

They would prove the numbnuts right who said it was OK to slap Rangers as their fans are all talk and won't boycott.

People are free to choose, but in going to these games, they are are just handing ammo to the opposition. They aren't so squeamish about using it.

It is not "that attitude" that sees us where we are. We are where we are because Craig Whyte is a lying, thieving bastard and other clubs support didnt want us in their league. Holding a different opinion from you did not put Rangers in the third division.

What a shite post.

His opinion differs from yours, get over it.

Gough is one of the great Rangers captains, and his opinion should be respected even if you do not agree with it.

Whilst I agree that some of the insults towards Gough are ridiculous and also that he is allowed his opinion, I totally disagree that we should "respect" his opinion when it is so spectacularly wrong. I respected Gough as a footballer and Rangers player but that doesn't make him a Plato or Socrates.

Goughie earned our respect on the field as a Rangers player and captain. If he wishes to maintain that respect after football then he has to earn that in his current capacity.

We have been doing it for 140 years! Suddenly it has become an issue. You think not going to the match is going to help us? No. How much will it hurt our enemies? As much as midge bite. Best way to hurt them is by knocking them out the cup.

Calling Rangers legend a "bawbag" ... taig behavior...

Agreed, I would put money on it if it was Inverness or Motherwell Gough would of kept quiet but because it's Taigs of Dundee he feels the need to stick up for them...pathetic.

All ex-Rangers that are in the media these days very rarely talk sense, in fact most time they write complete and utter pish.

Indeed but when you point that our yer a disgrace because they won this that and the next thing.

They were footballers for a reasons so should stay away from the journo lark.

Gough: legend as a player. No doubt whatsoever.

Gough: spokesman. No way. You are wrong mate. I understand that club helped you on your career path, but that club also wanted to destroy us.

Goughie, 9 in a row, rangers forever. But don't appease past employers

Next to my family and friends, i hold Rangers very dear in my heart, and I would like to ask Richard (one of my all time favourite Rangers, and the best centre half i have seen for us) if someone tried to kill a member of your family, would you say - c'mon it's time to move on, let bygones be bygones. Na neither would I and neither would he.

Clearly not as simple an issue as a disagreement of opinion.

Everyone associated with the club needs to pull together with this.

If we are to pull together, the only way to do this is for everyone to realise and respect that some fans opinions differ from their own. The attitude that by pulling together , is to make everyone agree with them is probably the most divisive thing that can happen.

Next to my family and friends, i hold Rangers very dear in my heart, and I would like to ask Richard (one of my all time favourite Rangers, and the best centre half i have seen for us) if someone tried to kill a member of your family, would you say - c'mon it's time to move on, let bygones be bygones. Na neither would I and neither would he.

Attempted murder is not quite the same as relegation.

Back Charlie to the hilt and hit these backstabbers where they hurt the most - their bank account. Don't forget the serpents who tried to stick the boot in for no good reason other than jealousy.

Didn't Gough play for them?

No more Rangers - arise and stick to your guns

No Surrender

:cgreen:

FUCK EM!

Attempted murder is not quite the same as relegation.

It would appear that the majority of Gers fans want the boycott. Green has gone along with their wishes and it is probably a good move to decline the allocation to avoid any security risks. Frankly I can envisage trouble if our fans attend this game. Green has alluded to a possible security risk in his statement. He can also state that he is simply doing what Dundee United did last spring, that is, listening to the fans. The SFA should have little to complain about as it is sensible to avoid possible fan trouble. The TV company and sponsors will have no complaint as this publicity will make the game unmissable for a number of factors.

Richard Gough would have been better to have declined to comment but it isn't the first time he has said the wrong thing.

If we are to pull together, the only way to do this is for everyone to realise and respect that some fans opinions differ from their own. The attitude that by pulling together , is to make everyone agree with them is probably the most divisive thing that can happen.

What are the reasons for having that opinion though? Ally McCoist has no doubt been consulted so stuff about supporting the team goes out the window.

It would appear that the majority of Gers fans want the boycott. Green has gone along with their wishes and it is probably a good move to decline the allocation to avoid any security risks. Frankly I can envisage trouble if our fans attend this game. Green has alluded to a possible security risk in his statement. He can also state that he is simply doing what Dundee United did last spring, that is, listening to the fans. The SFA should have little to complain about as it is sensible to avoid possible fan trouble. The TV company and sponsors will have no complaint as this publicity will make the game unmissable for a number of factors.

Richard Gough would have been better to have declined to comment but it isn't the first time he has said the wrong thing.

I would agree that the majority do back a boycott, but i think would has been very disturbing this past day, is the lack of respect to fellow Rangers supporters who have a differing opinion. I dont back a boycott to be honest, but i do not think any less of you or any other Bear who does back it. I understand why you feel how you do. But the way that some people are speaking to each other in here has been nothing short of shocking. Gough has done enough to at least have his opinions respected, even though it may not match their own. Some of the "bawbag, arsehole" etc etc comments are well out of order.

These guys have had it easy for too long...they are clinging on to memories of a golden era which hardly unearthed the kind of scrappers and mindsets needed for today's fight....

They are not qualified to speak about it...they turn up for the free hospitality and are on the gossip columns of any rag that will pay a buck to listen to their shit.

These guys haven't had it in their blood since schooldays so they should shut the fuck up and leave the fight to the one real constant in the whole equation...us fans.

What are the reasons for having that opinion though? Ally McCoist has no doubt been consulted so stuff about supporting the team goes out the window.

I am not disagreeing with Rangers not taking the tickets. I am disagreeing at the lack of respect and vitriol that is being spouted at fellow supporters because they disagree with them. We should be able to disagree without the abuse (not saying its yourself, just the poor language in a number of threads this past day)

its easy for him to say just rise above it, he doesnt have to live with the bigotry aimed towards us everyday. hes not the one paying his hard earned cash to watch our beloved team be picked on and held back by a bigoted league and governing body. He doesnt have to listen to bile day in day out.

try walking in our shoes and see where turning the other cheek will get him.

i agree with this - when you are on the other side of the pond, it is easy to say 'just get on with it', without really understanding the level of hate towards Rangers that not only is lived with day in and day out in Scotland, but goes on completely unchecked. Frankly, Rangers have been turning the other cheek for decades (reference The Murray years if anyone wants to fact check this). We have no more cheek to offer.

to be honest, i think Jebus would struggle to agree with Goughie here.