Fight club.

MICHAEL MOLS was happy to discover that the reports of Rangers’ demise have been greatly exaggerated.

The Ibrox legend returned to Glasgow for the club’s 140th anniversary celebrations in the 2-0 win over Stirling Albion.

Dutch hero Mols took a bow alongside almost 40 past heroes — and revealed he was encouraged by events on and off the pitch.

He told SunSport: “It was just a fantastic day and the loyalty of the Rangers fans is incredible.

“After what has happened, to have almost 50,000 supporters turn up for home games in the Third Division is unbelievable — and shows just how special a club this is. I was warned before that the standard might not be up to much — that it was lower-league football.

“But I was impressed by Rangers. They got the ball down and looked to play the right way. Stirling also played their part in the match.

“There is a big difference from my time at Rangers. We had world-class players in our squad and unfortunately that’s not possible.”

Mols got one of the biggest ovations as the Gers fans dusted down his own song to greet him on the pitch.

That was a very special moment for the 41-year-old who won five trophies during a five-year stint at Ibrox.

And he added: “Rangers will get back to the Champions League one day and they WILL be the top team in Scotland again.

“But it won’t be easy. It’s a long road back and the supporters must be patient and get behind the team.

“It could take a few years but from what I witnessed on Saturday, that journey is already going well.

“To hear the fans sing my name was a very proud moment for me. I actually handed out the words beforehand so that we could have a big karaoke session!”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/leaguedivision3/4691387/Humbled-Mols-urges-loyal-support-to-stay-strong-during-troubled-times.html#ixzz2EhVcQSHn

Absolute quality player who really never reached his potential due to that horrific injury he sustained.Michael Mols would walk into my team any day of the week.I think I've still got the blue "Mols means Goals" T-shirt that was based on the Heinz baked beans label.

Best footballer I've ever seen. He was a true genius doing things that other players had never done before and haven't managed to do since.

Low centre of gravity and precise close control along with that amazing turn made him a truly worldclass player whom you could not defend against.

In one word, mermerizing.

You know it still pisses me off to this day how unlucky he and as a result we were with that injury. Was such an innocuous challenge and what the hell was Khan doing that far out..Mols could have been world class, was so good at turning players...4-0 game vs Motherwell he was unplayable..

Looking at how lucky they have been in the champions league this year really makes you realise how unlucky we were that year....played Bayern off the park twice...fuckin deflections..

I remember them4 goals against Moterwell, on his debut if I remember. Adovcaat had a curious effect on me with his comments when he said so what, that's what he's paid for.

It's true what he says, but it was still a great thing to do in any game.

I remember them4 goals against Moterwell, on his debut if I remember. Adovcaat had a curious effect on me with his comments when he said so what, that's what he's paid for.

It's true what he says, but it was still a great thing to do in any game.

His debut was against Haka away IIRC.

He put 4 past Goram at Ibrox later on,not sure whether it was the same season or not.

His debut was against Haka away IIRC.

He put 4 past Goram at Ibrox later on,not sure whether it was the same season or not.

Maybe it was his Ibrox debut. I'm sure he had just arrived about the time he did the 4 thing.

Then again, I wouldn't bet on my memory being exact either.