Relentless This: Young fan 'struck by coin' at Ibrox (E.Times)

WATP-FOREVER

This was mentioned on Facebook on the day of the game, a guy from my school is inexplicably a Stirling Albion fan and boosted the 140 days "banner" along with a comment that it was a shame someone was hit by a coin for it... even so, I still think it's bollocks

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true then the bastard who threw the coin should be traced, hounded out and banned from football parks forever, whether he be a Rangers fan, a misguided Stirling fan or any other.

If however it is not proven, our newly appointed Mr Traynor should be asked to advise on the journalist who wrote the article and why his editor would allow unsubstantiated stories to be printed in his rag.

Either way, way the ball should now be thrown back by us to the Evening Tims to justify the story, to enable us to take necessary action.

Can't believe the attitude of some on here !

Rather than condemn the act or the person who carried it out, the finger of blame gets pointed to the Stirling Albion fans for holding a banner up or some other misdemeanour.

Throwing a coin is a cowardly act, carried out by scum who should be hounded out of the club forever, the thrower had to have witnesses, you don't do that without someone seeing it ... I hope whoever saw it, reports the person. This person has brought shame on the club and doesn't deserve our loyalty or sympathy.

I was in BF5 row G on Saturday and as most was looking at the big screen above the Striling fans at Half time. They were getting the occasional shout of "Canny Fill A Corner" & "Only here to see the Rangers" but I never saw anything being thrown other than balled up bits of card from the display.

If it proven on CCTV then fair enough but I didn't see any reaction at all from anyone in immediate Rangers or Stirling support during the entire half time interval other than their attempt at spoiling the celebrations.

Wouldn't be surprised if the boy was hit with a balled up bit of card rather than a coin - but only time will tell. However if a Bear did throw a coin - then Rangers should throw the book at him along with a right hook.

If this is true, the cunt that done it should be jailed and banned from Ibrox for life.

I am struggling to see why anyone would do this to the Stirling fans though.

Was anyone that was close to them, say they were acting out of order?

They were no worse than other SFL away fans in general, but I did see a guy (grown man) square going some teenage bears who were quite happy to give it back to him. :D

He was told by the polis to sit on his arse and calm down.

I was in BF5 and never noticed any coin throwing or any stirling fans getting medical attention although wasnt watching them constant obviously

I was in BF5 row G on Saturday and as most was looking at the big screen above the Striling fans at Half time. They were getting the occasional shout of "Canny Fill A Corner" & "Only here to see the Rangers" but I never saw anything being thrown other than balled up bits of card from the display.

If it proven on CCTV then fair enough but I didn't see any reaction at all from anyone in immediate Rangers or Stirling support during the entire half time interval other than their attempt at spoiling the celebrations.

Wouldn't be surprised if the boy was hit with a balled up bit of card rather than a coin - but only time will tell. However if a Bear did throw a coin - then Rangers should throw the book at him along with a right hook.

Neither did I mate, I was in BF5 row B. I would of thought if a kid had been hit by a coin the stirling fas would of went mental and polis would of stood on the segregation line till full time.

Very strange.

Its a made up story!! Where is the photie evidence??.. We are RANGERS and we didnae die..so the mhanks/haters dont like this fact..so they make stuff up to make us look bad.. If it was my kid then i wouldve been telling everyone/anyone WHEN IT HAPPENED...Not 4days later... Pure and utter bullshit...

wot a load of shite, another negative story on gers :angry:

funny how cause the shares offer is happening this week we are getting a different negative story every day ?

yesterday was the pfa and the 67 players and today the mystery coin chucker.

what story will tomorrow bring ?

wot a load of shite, another negative story on gers :angry:

funny how cause the shares offer is happening this week we are getting a different negative story every day ?

yesterday was the pfa and the 67 players and today the mystery coin chucker.

what story will tomorrow bring ?

Charles Green Cancels Christmas!!!!

Rather than condemn the act or the person who carried it out, the finger of blame gets pointed to the Stirling Albion fans for holding a banner up or some other misdemeanour.

Throwing a coin is a cowardly act, carried out by scum who should be hounded out of the club forever, the thrower had to have witnesses, you don't do that without someone seeing it ... I hope whoever saw it, reports the person. This person has brought shame on the club and doesn't deserve our loyalty or sympathy.

Surely you have to admit after the brutal year we've just had it's not the smartest thing for opposition supporters to do to come to Ibrox and hold up a banner saying that Rangers are dead

Its not been established if it happened or not, Your post is as presumptuous as the taxcase blog.

did they ever catch the guy who hurt Hugh Dallas?

It seems people forget this actually happened, coins injuring people, fans on the pitch.

ah, the 'old firm shame game' where all acts of shame were committed by one side, but the blame was equally aportioned between the clubs. i remember that

If I had been hit by a coin or if one of my kids got hit then I would be going mental. I'd be trying to get the fcuker responsible plus everyone around me would have known something had happened. There would be stewards rushing in and also Police trying to find out what happened. The fans around would also be going daft.

If someone had been hit beside or a couple of rows away there would have to be a visible reaction and the chinese whispers would have started. I didn't see any reaction apart from the tramps holding up their signs.

Waiting to see official response but this doesn't seem right to me!

They were no worse than other SFL away fans in general, but I did see a guy (grown man) square going some teenage bears who were quite happy to give it back to him. :D

He was told by the polis to sit on his arse and calm down.

I was in BF5 and never noticed any coin throwing or any stirling fans getting medical attention although wasnt watching them constant obviously

We've got a lot of arsehole fans,and if you think we don't,get out to more games.

Surely you have to admit after the brutal year we've just had it's not the smartest thing for opposition supporters to do to come to Ibrox and hold up a banner saying that Rangers are dead

Still doesn't justify a coin being thrown ... I doubt anything would justify that actually.