***The Official Montrose v Rangers Thread***

Captain Hilts

I play on 4G three times a week. (tu) I love it. It is perfect for good footballers.

You'll know what it's like then. Going from the slick, watered grass surfaces at Ibrox to that dry 4G can be tricky to adjust to. It's not as bad as some people make out and I enjoy it, especially when it's raining/been watered. I do remember, however, the first one we played on... Berwick perhaps? and it was very slow which we seemed to struggle with.

It's not an excuse however. They are professionals and some of them are very good. Despite the stats, we're being beaten on footballing style today and the lads need to pick it up. Bring on McKay for Shiels, that man needs a talking to and isn't as quick as I thought. We've been unlucky not to go ahead but in saying that, despite good saves from their keeper, our finishing has been terrible.

I play on 4G three times a week. (tu) I love it. It is perfect for good footballers.

Its perfect for a certain kind of football you mean. Its certainly not a perfect surface, especially when cold.

Im not using it as an excuse for our performance, but anyone suggesting its a perfect playing surface is fuckin at it, its not. The ball bounces wildly, tacklins a nightmare, theres a danger of catching your foot as you land or turn. Perfect my arse.

Yeah I've noticed this with Shiels this season, really has struggled to make an impact, or certainly the kind of impact expected of him.

Things looked like they had picked up over the past couple of weeks, but today we've regressed back to our early season form and the players are going to have to dig deep and raise the tempo to go away with three points.

I actually think his best games were when he was out wide and when he partnered McCulloch right up top. This in the hole crap doesn't suit him, although it should with his style. We cannot play with one up front, it doesn't suit us and affects how our team plays as a unit. Little should be playing centre forward in my opinion. The lad is completely lost out wide.

What is so wrong with

----McKay-Hutton-MacLeod-Templeton----

-------------Little---Shiels-----------------

Simple, easy, nothing complicated and 6 decent football players there.

I still think we will win but we make life so hard for ourselves unnecessarily too. Football is not a complicated sport, it honestly isn't hard. Having thousands times more resources than your opponent should also make life easier, it seems to make it harder for us.

You'll know what it's like then. Going from the slick, watered grass surfaces at Ibrox to that dry 4G can be tricky to adjust to. It's not as bad as some people make out and I enjoy it, especially when it's raining/been watered. I do remember, however, the first one we played on... Berwick perhaps? and it was very slow which we seemed to struggle with.

It's not an excuse however. They are professionals and some of them are very good. Despite the stats, we're being beaten on footballing style today and the lads need to pick it up. Bring on McKay for Shiels, that man needs a talking to and isn't as quick as I thought. We've been unlucky not to go ahead but in saying that, despite good saves from their keeper, our finishing has been terrible.

Good players can play on any surface. You should have seen me on the old red ash pitches and on the concrete school playground. :drool:

Its perfect for a certain kind of football you mean. Its certainly not a perfect surface, especially when cold.

Im not using it as an excuse for our performance, but anyone suggesting its a perfect playing surface is fuckin at it, its not. The ball bounces wildly, tacklins a nightmare, theres a danger of catching your foot as you land or turn. Perfect my arse.

Yes it is. It is beautiful.

I quite enjoyed that half, too many times we see a dull game of football.

Very good point mate...it has been enjoyable to watch...yes we haven't been great but going forward at least we certainly haven't been bad....

Fair play to Montrose, they are playing really well...next goal is crucial.

The commentators said earlier that we haven't trained on 3G all week which is SHOCKING IMHO.

I heard him saying that, but I thought he was just referring to Temps. Then again, if Temps wasn't trianing of artifical, neither was anyone else.

Crazy!!!

When you watch shit like this it shows how far we have to go on our journey back.i really hope to fuck we don't play the scum for years we would get a drubbing from any half decent team.the right side of our team is absolutely deplorable.

But maybe we'd be able to up our game when playing agaisnt them???

I actually think his best games were when he was out wide and when he partnered McCulloch right up top. This in the hole crap doesn't suit him, although it should with his style. We cannot play with one up front, it doesn't suit us and affects how our team plays as a unit. Little should be playing centre forward in my opinion. The lad is completely lost out wide.

What is so wrong with

I still think we will win but we make life so hard for ourselves unnecessarily too. Football is not a complicated sport, it honestly isn't hard. Having thousands times more resources than your opponent should also make life easier, it seems to make it harder for us.

Id agree with u on that one, shiels looks more dangerous coming from a wide area. I might get shot down in flames here, but i genuinely believe his sight seriously hinders his play. He regularly gets the ball knicked on his blind side. I dont mean that to sound like im havin a go, but come on, it must have some effect.

When you watch shit like this it shows how far we have to go on our journey back.i really hope to fuck we don't play the scum for years we would get a drubbing from any half decent team.the right side of our team is absolutely deplorable.

Bring them on...fucking scumbags...

What is so wrong with

Yeah I'd agree with that, against the smaller teams there seems to be a desire to over-complicate things with various permeatations of 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 formations and the like, but they don't work with a player like Kyle as a lone front-man with little goal-scoring threat coming from midfield.

Like you say, keep it simple, a fluid 4-4-2 and the goals will come.

Id agree with u on that one, shiels looks more dangerous coming from a wide area. I might get shot down in flames here, but i genuinely believe his sight seriously hinders his play. He regularly gets the ball knicked on his blind side. I dont mean that to sound like im havin a go, but come on, it must have some effect.

(tu) Please ignore my reply to your other post mate, i was only noising you up. :)

Yeah I'd agree with that, against the smaller teams there seems to be a desire to over-complicate things with various permeatations

of 4-2-3-1 formations and the like, but they don't work with a player like Kyle as a lone front-man with little goal-scoring threat coming from midfield.

Like you say, keep it simple, a fluid 4-4-2 and the goals will come.

(tu)

Aye, the scum looked dynamite against Arbroath. Especially in the REPLAY