Police assulting fans in BF1

Choccymandela

I think "cause" can be a blurry line when the police are concerned.

Aye, but (based on rumour, speculation, and some boasting (by others) ) anyone trying to prevent the police arresting someone is just escalating the situation. If the police want to arrest someone - let them. If the police are wrong in that arrest - take them to court, there is wrongful arrest.

"just what they want us to see"

Always the same crew on here, always... interesting

Snifffffffffffffffffffff

Explain that one?

Who are they?

Some people like to see evidence before making a decision as to what happened. Nothing anti-Rangers about that. Common sense, otherwise its just making oppinions based on rumour about rumour.

~Im not condoning anyones behaviour , as i have previously said where i sit i couldnt make out what was going on. What i do know is that you keep asking for videos and proof from fellow Rangers fans whilst defending the police without fear of contradiction.

Yes im siding with the Rangers fans , thats what i do, if my brother is accused of doing something , if my son is accused of doing something i do all i can to protect them , and these guys&girls are my family just the same, so if you don't mind i'll be siding with them until proven otherwise.

TOGETHER we are RANGERS

.. and I just choose to back the Police, in the same way I back the forces. I believe the police have a difficult job to do, and do it well and I just don't accept that we should think they are ALWAYS at fault - sure they make mistakes, and sometimes even have idiots who let them down - then again our support (or individuals in our support) also make mistakes and let our support down, that does not make the support 'bad' en mass ( :rolleyes: ).

.. and I just choose to back the Police, in the same way I back the forces. I believe the police have a difficult job to do, and do it well and I just don't accept that we should think they are ALWAYS at fault - sure they make mistakes, and sometimes even have idiots who let them down - then again our support (or individuals in our support) also make mistakes and let our support down, that does not make the support 'bad' en mass ( :rolleyes: ).

You choose the police over one of your own? Strange

Every section of society has idiots.

Most families have idiots in it. In fact id say 20 years ago i was one of those idiots , thank goodness my parents and friends never cast me aside in favour of strangers.

Why don't you back your own supporters up? After all the police are only too quick to back each other up

Aye, but (based on rumour, speculation, and some boasting (by others) ) anyone trying to prevent the police arresting someone is just escalating the situation. If the police want to arrest someone - let them. If the police are wrong in that arrest - take them to court, there is wrongful arrest.

So if the police came to your house to arrest someone in your household, you wouldnt question them?

In a situation like Tuesday night it takes one copper losing it to end up a riot like situation! You do get baton happy coppers you know

In a situation like Tuesday night it takes one copper losing it to end up a riot like situation! You do get baton happy coppers you know

I know - you also get Rangers fans who don't act with the decorum or restraint either.

So if the police came to your house to arrest someone in your household, you wouldnt question them?

If the police came to my household the first thing they would do is explain what they wanted I would not then prevent them doing their job... I may be on the phone to get a solicitor but I doubt I would phone round all my mates to prevent the arrest happening!

You choose the police over one of your own? Strange

Every section of society has idiots.

Most families have idiots in it. In fact id say 20 years ago i was one of those idiots , thank goodness my parents and friends never cast me aside in favour of strangers.

I choose to give the police the benefit over a fellow fan - I dont see anything wrong with that! The police, despite assertions from many, are a decent lot doing a difficult job - I would not condone anyone prevent them doing that job.

I sort of have issue as to wether the cops going in en- mass is heavy handed or justified - there are rumours about cops trying to arrest someone and being prevented from doing so - in that situation , in my opinion, they are justified in going in en-mass to carry out there duty. it is not up to anyone to prevent the police doing their jobs. ( I saw the cops going on from the govan front)

I don't know what provoked them, we'll need to wait and see what comes out of this. From what I seen from CR4, it looked to me like they over-reacted.

I choose to give the police the benefit over a fellow fan - I dont see anything wrong with that! The police, despite assertions from many, are a decent lot doing a difficult job - I would not condone anyone prevent them doing that job.

Wow! I left this thread because I had said my piece. The debate was over. There was no point in endlessly repeating the same points, as the debate began to circle.

Do you get that?

I REFUSE TO ENDORSE SECTARIANISM!

I have principals and will not back down on this issue.

You are an absolute clown.

You 'refuse to endorse sectarianism'? Is that day 1 or day 2 of Salmond's re-education camps?

It really is no wonder our club are being slaughtered by our enemies when certain sections within our support are so weak (though I have never met one outside of the internet.) :pipe:

If the police came to my household the first thing they would do is explain what they wanted I would not then prevent them doing their job... I may be on the phone to get a solicitor but I doubt I would phone round all my mates to prevent the arrest happening!

Is that before or after they use that "enforcer" they all get a wee bit too excited about?

police-break-down-a-door_1308536083.jpeg