10-15 million for naming rights of Ibrox? V No money and keeping Ibrox the name

TheBluenose1972

10-15 million for naming rights V £0 keeping Ibrox name?  

369 members have voted

1. 1. 10-15 million for naming rights V £0 keeping Ibrox name?

• I'd be up for Green to sell the naming of Ibrox if it brought in 10-15 million for the club
    • No to the sale! Rangers should never sell the naming rights to the Stadium
    • Not fussed if we do or dont

My head says "Yes, it makes excellent business sense and would help to fill the coffers"

My heart says "No way!! Irrespective of what CG says, everything is not for sale"

I suppose what I'm trying to say is "I just don't rightly know"

Any intended deal would require close scrutiny.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id take the money, as long as it is the 6-7 million that has been stated. No less than that.

Id still call it Ibrox, so would all fans and most people in general would still call it Ibrox. Hundreds of clubs have this kind of deal. Its money in the clubs pocket and money talks.

It's a massive no for me my Grandad called it Ibrox,my Dad called it Ibrox, i call it ibrox and my son will call it Ibrox.. as it has been for all of my lifetime.

And besides if we're as debt free and cash rich as big Charles tells us why the hell the need??

And it still will be, The re-naming would be a short term thing. And even it we did rename it. You, me and every other Rangers fan will sill call it Ibrox.

Not read the thread but to put the OP into perspective, dortmund and Bayern Munich get less than £4m per year each for their long term stadium naming deals, so we would be lucky to get £1m even once we are back in Europe. For that money, I 'm out.

And it still will be, The re-naming would be a short term thing. And even it we did rename it. You, me and every other Rangers fan will sill call it Ibrox.

Valid point mate but I don't fancy seeing it on Sky Sports or in the Paper or whoever is talking about Ibrox as naming it something completely different.

Not read the thread but to put the OP into perspective, dortmund and Bayern Munich get less than £4m per year each for their long term stadium naming deals, so we would be lucky to get £1m even once we are back in Europe. For that money, I 'm out.

You need to read the thread, it would not be 15 million a season lol...not even Arsenal get that...it would be over a 10 year period most likely...so 1-1.5 million a season.

Surly 1-1.5 million every season is far better than receiving nothing?

The poll optio a are unfair.

I'm all for selling the rights with a few stipulations though.

1 has to be for decent money and its a limited contract with expiry date, upon which the name reverts back to owner for re-sale.

2 Ibrox has to remain in the title.

This.

For eg: The Sports Direct Arena Ibrox Stadium

Some things in life are not for sale.

agreed. no amount of money is worth this, certainly not the paltry 5-15 million being talked of here. Other clubs have cashed in with this one but we are not any other club. Ibrox is internationally known and respected as a top tier stadium, no gimmicks required. the heart and soul of the club, you would sell to the highest bidder. A shame.

agreed. no amount of money is worth this, certainly not the paltry 5-15 million being talked of here. Other clubs have cashed in with this one but we are not any other club. Ibrox is internationally known and respected as a top tier stadium, no gimmicks required. the heart and soul of the club, you would sell to the highest bidder. A shame.

Sorry, but a sponsorship is not selling our heart and soul. It's not like it's being suggested we sell the stadium.