***TBB Liaison Committee: Nominate members here.***

Big V

So that,s it then?

No, I'll let you all know how I get on.

There has been far too much debate without finding out sufficient information prior to any debate. I prefer direct action.

I've seen the proposals for 5 people on a committee and I have no criticism of any names mentioned but for this topic, 3 members will not only be sufficient but be the preferred number. If anyone else has the same experience of committees then they will fully understand my comment. Just to possibly substantiate my point, the RFC EBT FTTT tribunal had 3 members for a seriously complicated tax case. We are discussing a song.

No, I'll let you all know how I get on.

There has been far too much debate without finding out sufficient information prior to any debate. I prefer direct action.

I've seen the proposals for 5 people on a committee and I have no criticism of any names mentioned but for this topic, 3 members will not only be sufficient but be the preferred number. If anyone else has the same experience of committees then they will fully understand my comment. Just to possibly substantiate my point, the RFC EBT FTTT tribunal had 3 members for a seriously complicated tax case. We are discussing a song.

I am open to the possibility of a 3 person panel.

This wasn't just my idea, other people have been involved - but if a reasonable consensus is reached I am happy to go with it.

With regard to your comment about the judicial committee, the main difference is that those people do it full time, and have for years, and the discussion was in their subject area of expertise.

Changing lyrics is giving in to them. There is fuck all wrong with the original version.

Except its been 'outlawed' by UEFA and singing it makes you liable to arrest!! If you wish to embark on the process of challenging this through the European Court of Human Rights then best of luck to you and your incredibly deep pockets. Meanwhile, in the immediate future, we can find a way of bringing the tune and, majority of the words back if everybody understands the world we currently live in and realises that singing the 'original' harms the club which, IMHO, is the crucial point in this debate. Is one word more important to you than the reputation of Rangers and its supporters?

I don't disagree with your sentiments and the arguments regarding the meaning of 'Fenian'. I believe the premise behind the outlawing of the song is defective. It is, however, the situation that we are in and, again IMHO, its a bigger GIRUY to our detractors to get the song belting out, with agreed changes, and show the Rangers support in the best possible light. We then need to shine a light on our detractors behaviour at every opportunity, having removed one of the sticks they have used to beat us!

I like this.

HULLO HULLO We are the Rangers boys.

HULLO HULLO You'll know us by our noise

We're up to our eyes in silverware, and we shall never die

Cause we are the famous Rangers boys.

But id happily sing any version we all could agree on.

I like this.

HULLO HULLO We are the Rangers boys.

HULLO HULLO You'll know us by our noise

We're up to our eyes in silverware, and we shall never die

Cause we are the famous Rangers boys.

But id happily sing any version we all could agree on.

I like that too. Incorporating an element of our club never dying will be a better GIRFUY than anything now!

Why dont we sing this ffs.....

Hello Hello we were the billy boys,

Hiya, Hiya we're now the Rangers boys,

We're on our knees, so please please, please,

Let us sing our song,

Cos we are the niceguy Rangers boys.

Aye, I know, sounds gay as fuck but thats what the lurkers will be reading into this thread.

Its "fenian blood" or nothing for me

Its "fenian blood" or nothing for me

In which case, it's nothing for you. Tell you what, stand beside the polis today and sing your "fenian blood" version if you are so determined. Let us know on Monday afternoon, when you get out, how you got on.

In which case, it's nothing for you. Tell you what, stand beside the polis today and sing your "fenian blood" version if you are so determined. Let us know on Monday afternoon, when you get out, how you got on.

Thats what I said, its nothing for me. You can sing all the gay versions you want. Didnt say anywhere I was "so determined" to sing fenian blood.

If it comes back in some watered down version, fair enough. But I wont sing it.

Given the amount of discussion on the various blogs and forums, and the number of people who have taken it upon themselves to contact FOCUS and the club, I am thinking I should push forward the nominating and voting schedule too get this committee up and running faster.

As such nominations will now close at midnight tonight - voting will begin as soon as I have contacted all nominees - ideally on Sunday, but no later than Monday.

Well this thread is

If you can be bothered, and if you haven't already, might be worth counting up all the nominations as they currently stand.

If there are clear leaders, it might speed up the voting process?

Well this thread is for nominations not the actual vote - I need to contact the people nominated to make sure they are willing/able to join the committee if voted in, then hold the vote.

Originally I had planned to have this whole process completed by the end of next week, however given the momentum that we currently have, I am aiming now to get the committee up and running by Wednesday.

My biggest concern here is the ongoing self-policing. As you can see from a number of posts on here (and I am sure around the stadium and buses), there is going to be a strong element pushing for the old lyrics.

I hope this committee takes on some responsibilities for how to deal with these people in the event of transgressions.

For example, if we committed to shopping those people to the club or police, then they would be much more supportive BUT that is clearly going to be a hugely difficult step for most people to take. (including me)

My biggest concern here is the ongoing self-policing. As you can see from a number of posts on here (and I am sure around the stadium and buses), there is going to be a strong element pushing for the old lyrics.

I hope this committee takes on some responsibilities for how to deal with these people in the event of transgressions.

For example, if we committed to shopping those people to the club or police, then they would be much more supportive BUT that is clearly going to be a hugely difficult step for most people to take. (including me)

Excellent post.

Personally I think it is clear from the massive amount of discussion that the majority want it back, and the majority also accept that the lyrics need to be modernised.

I am more confident than ever that we can effect positive change in this - of course it will take effort, but doing something worthwhile is not often easy.

I am in favour of a line that is related to our ongoing trials and tribulations.

Ultimately we will have a vote on what new lyrics should be sung - and there will be various options but I really like the idea of encompassing our trials into the lyrics.

The major offending line could be changed to many things - one that I thought of, which I haven't seen elsewhere is:

"The tried to kill the Rangers, but we will never die".

Like I said though, various acceptable alternatives will be presented after liaison with law enforcement, the club, and UEFA - and we will decide together as a support which one to sing - from there it's just a case of publicising the lyrics and making the penalties clear for public transgression.

So far the police have responded positively to various alternatives - and given the overwhelming support for this, I suspect the club will get on board when we approach them in a sensible manner.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly. What we are doing here is pro-actively cleaning up our act - and I should think that would be supported by all interested parties.

Well this thread is

Well this thread is for nominations not the actual vote - I need to contact the people nominated to make sure they are willing/able to join the committee if voted in, then hold the vote.

Originally I had planned to have this whole process completed by the end of next week, however given the momentum that we currently have, I am aiming now to get the committee up and running by Wednesday.

Aye fair enough - but if there are clear leaders in terms of nominations (which there clearly are), it might be worth summarising that, so that (once they have agreed to stand obviously) those of us who are either undecided, or have no clear preference, can simply go with the favoured candidates, and get it sorted quicker.

I would also propose that as unofficial chair, and due to the fact that (to my knowledge) nobody has voiced any concern with that, that ViniH should be exempted from the voting, and automatically installed as official chair.

What happens if the support, when approached by the committee, reject the version chosen by the committee? Going by some of the cringeworthy versions so far, I can see that happening.

The committee wont be choosing a version, it will be identifying various alternatives, there will be a poll to choose which one we adopt.

Is this not going to be..... 5 or 6 people telling 50,000 what to sing

No, see above.