***TBB Liaison Committee: Nominate members here.***

Big V

No allc - I was merely being sarcastic at Smith's suggestion that an altered version would be unacceptable and attempting to create a suggested rap sheet for the boys in blue should such a hypothetical situation come to fruition.

Isn't it annoying when good cunning linguism goes unappreciated?

:matron:

You 2 would be fantastic for trying to win this fight IMO

I'd be quite happy to pen an article in the future if required. Whilst I'm humbled and honoured by the nominations, songwriting is really not my forte`.

I would suggest however that any proposed committee probably needs to be larger and certainly inclusive of UB, TBO as well as others rather than composed in its entirety, or even majority composition, by one website.

I'd be quite happy to pen an article in the future if required. Whilst I'm humbled and honoured by the nominations, songwriting is really not my forte`.

I would suggest however that any proposed committee probably needs to be larger and certainly inclusive of UB, TBO as well as others rather than composed in its entirety, or even majority composition, by one website.

I meant for you're righting skills mate, I never had you down as a Gary Barlow type anyway mate :D

No allc - I was merely being sarcastic at Smith's suggestion that an altered version would be unacceptable and attempting to create a suggested rap sheet for the boys in blue should such a hypothetical situation come to fruition.

OK D'Art, now i understand.

The boys in blue do not have the authority to change any law, their function is to ensure that the law is carried out, therefore any effort made by this journalist to imply that any potential change to the words of TBB would be illegal in the eyes of the law if it is not sanctioned by the police is just poppycock.

Any news on whether TBO/UB are on board with this?

Without their support this is impossible.

They will be some of the people the committee contacts once the authorities and club have been liaised with.

As a matter of law singing TBB without the Fenian word would NOT constitute a criminal offence.I do not want to make my background or qualifications public but if any moderators wish to pm me I will give them details of my profession and experience

As a matter of law singing TBB without the Fenian word would NOT constitute a criminal offence.I do not want to make my background or qualifications public but if any moderators wish to pm me I will give them details of my profession and experience

You're the pope, aren't you?

They can make anything 'criminal' these days, it just has to be offensive, and for something to be "offensive" all we need is someone to be offended :rolleyes:

I don't see why we can't just change 'fenian' to 'Celtic'. If we get any bother about it then so should Killie, Hearts and Dundee for their versions.

Yesterday you wanted everyone to give up & let the song die.

Why can't you just shut the fuck up and stop being an uber-prick for a while?

Yesterday you wanted everyone to give up & let the song die.

Why can't you just shut the fuck up and stop being an uber-prick for a while?

Calm down, precious. Read how the thread developed, I thought people would stick to the original but if there's going to be a concerted effort to get any new lyrics across to people then I think it may be workable. Logistically difficult, but not impossible.

I don't see why we can't just change 'fenian' to 'Celtic'. If we get any bother about it then so should Killie, Hearts and Dundee for their versions.

Don't understand why we need to cling to "up to our knees"/threatening death without surrendering etc...?

The million dollar question:

What was the biggest factor in making the chant the greatest terrace anthem around?

1. The deafening roar of Hullo Hullo you could put your body and soul into and shook whatever stadium to the foundations

or

2. That line mumbled between choruses as you got your breath back

Watch that Hampden video when the entire stand is rocking to TBB. If the fans were singing something different to the f blood line, I'm damned if you could even tell the difference.

They can make anything 'criminal' these days, it just has to be offensive, and for something to be "offensive" all we need is someone to be offended :rolleyes:

Itseems like that at times but not just yet .Recent case from ECHR will cause Salmonds stampede to control our courts be disrailed.And to WVB you don't need to kiss my ring.

The thing that makes the song so special and so loud and euphoric is the "Hullo Hullo" part. It really gets the emotions stirring.

The lines "Up to our knees in fenian blood" and "Bridgeton Billy Boys" are incidental.

I don't believe for one minute that the Offended Ones wanted this song banned because of those lyrics, but if we remove Fenian then they will just focus on Billy Fullerton.

They wanted it banned because they had no response to it,

If the Scum were singing their songs in praise of terrorists and mass murdering child killers and we struck up with Hullo Hullo, It silenced them and drowned them out. That is why they hated it so much.

It is easily the greatest and loudest football anthem and it should never be lost.

The thing that makes the song so special and so loud and euphoric is the "Hullo Hullo" part. It really gets the emotions stirring.

The lines "Up to our knees in fenian blood" and "Bridgeton Billy Boys" are incidental.

I don't believe for one minute that the Offended Ones wanted this song banned because of those lyrics, but if we remove Fenian then they will just focus on Billy Fullerton.

If the Scum were singing their songs in praise of terrorists and mass murdering child killers and we struck up with Hullo Hullo, It silenced them and drowned them out. That is why they hated it so much.

It is easily the greatest and loudest football anthem and it should never be lost.

Spot on mate.

The bottom line is we need the Hullo Hullo roar back, and only new words will do it.

For atmosphere, intimidation, sheer volume - no chant came near it and to leave it consigned to the history books for the sake of an incidental line or two cannot be the Rangers way

If he Scum were singing their songs in praise of terrorists and mass murdering child killers and we struck up with Hullo Hullo, It silenced them and drowned them out. That is why they hated it so much.

This 100% and our enemies would realise with this coming back that all their efforts to kill us off have only made us stronger WATP

Don't understand why we need to cling to "up to our knees"/threatening death without surrendering etc...?

The million dollar question:

What was the biggest factor in making the chant the greatest terrace anthem around?

1. The deafening roar of Hullo Hullo you could put your body and soul into and shook whatever stadium to the foundations

or

2. That line mumbled between choruses as you got your breath back

Watch that Hampden video when the entire stand is rocking to TBB. If the fans were singing something different to the f blood line, I'm damned if you could even tell the difference.

Doesn't the 'Altogether Now...' part of Derry's Walls achieve the same effect, though?