***TBB Liaison Committee: Nominate members here.***

Big V

in any battle you need a leader and the best weapons to win.

with all due respect to all those competent posters already mentioned, one member stands hands shoulders (and more) above the rest.

a sharp mind and weapons to bring any opposition to its knees -

the one and only -

bogtrotters

it's TBB, you want? - fait accomplis

I'd be happy to be involved to offer some legal input on this.

I'm a practising solicitor although not in the area of criminal law but would be able to offer legal perspective, research, etc on legislation issues, etc

cool!!!!!!!!!!

take a rep!

I'll run this by you as I've said it countless times but I don't think you've seen it.

I don't see the c,ub backing it if it contains any lines regarding Celtic blood, paedo blood or anything else. If we want this to work its goning to need to be one of the original versions that where on the old CDs and lps. It's our song and it should be back at ibrox. I still believe there is nothing wrong with the original version but as you know that ship has long sailed.

So I think that's probably the road to go down. I just hope this time that we do go forward with this

the original version is the one about fenians etc. The rangers lp/cd version etc was made up.

We will need to wait until rst are looking for money to see Fury post on here :7325:

I know hes not the most popular poster on here but I genuinely don't think hes under any influence from any side (I'm not even sure he likes Jaffa cakes :ph34r: ). He appears to have some links with the media so he may be useful in that direction. Not every RST member is part of the 'cabal' that some on here have issues with!! :21:

Well to be honest I think people should nominate themselves and show what they can bring to the table for example Blue Nosed Babe.

But in keeping with the thread. D'Art, Boss , BlueNosed Babe, RFC52 and Fury if we can get him on board.

I know hes not the most popular poster on here but I genuinely don't think hes under any influence from any side (I'm not even sure he likes Jaffa cakes :ph34r: ). He appears to have some links with the media so he may be useful in that direction. Not every RST member is part of the 'cabal' that some on here have issues with!! :21:

First Lieutenant :matron:

Hullo Hullo We Are The Billy Boys must not be the first line.

If that's the case then we're not really bringing the Billy boys back, just the tune .. pointless and a waste of time because people want to sing TBB not some cheesy new song to the same tune .

As everyone else seems to be having a go !!

Hullo Hullo We are the Billy Boys

Hullo Hullo You'll Know Us By our Noise

Then, Now and Forerver....We Never Walk Away

We Are The Rangers Billy Boys!

I dont think we have to be up to our knees in anything and the change of line reflects the 'New Phrases' and surely cannot offend anyone!

As everyone else seems to be having a go !!

Hullo Hullo We are the Billy Boys

Hullo Hullo You'll Know Us By our Noise

Then, Now and Forerver....We Never Walk Away

We Are The Rangers Billy Boys!

I dont think we have to be up to our knees in anything and the change of line reflects the 'New Phrases' and surely cannot offend anyone!

Not a bad effort.

I think more will become clear on the lyrics as the committee progresses its task.

If that's the case then we're not really bringing the Billy boys back, just the tune .. pointless and a waste of time because people want to sing TBB not some cheesy new song to the same tune .

My post was to demonstrate one of the difficulties in bringing it back. Whatever one person thinks is a "must", another will say is a "never".

My post was to demonstrate one of the difficulties in bringing it back. Whatever one person thinks is a "must", another will say is a "never".

That's why it has to be as close to the song we all used to belt out at Ibrox. Anything that is too removed wont get sung and we'l all be singing the version we all want!

The most important part of the song that gets sung the loudest is the "Hullo, hullo" part. But personally speaking I don't think fans will sing another version as when the song gets belted out the original words will get sung as it's just a natural thing to sing the proper version even when you try not to.

That's why it has to be as close to the song we all used to belt out at Ibrox. Anything that is too removed wont get sung and we'l all be singing the version we all want!

Your post clearly demonstrates my point. You have your red lines, others have their red lines. All of us need to be prepared to accept some compromise for the greater good.