Fans rallied round division 3, perhaps now rally round resignation?

Ricky_

I don't believe what I'm reading here.... please please for your own credibility tell me you don't believe any of this pish.

don't believe what? That scottish football is going to go completely bust?

yes i do believe it, and i thought that was the general consensus on here- apparently not.

Hearts & Aberdeen are on deaths door, most of the clubs are in severe debt. The 12-12-18 consists mostly of part-time clubs.

Lets get one thing straight, the "professional" game in this country consists of a handful of clubs - and most of them are in severely poor financial health. Why stick around on a sinking ship and simpyl hope for the best? To achieve something extreme we need a true pioneer to take chances when others think he is crazy - maybe Greens the man to do it.

To be honest, what we need is a Kerry Packer, Rupert Murdoch, Li Ka Shing type to do what Packer did with World Series Cricket....have some balls and roll the dice with 2 or 3 clubs in your pocket.

If I was a multi billionaire media mogul I would be on the phone to Green as well as a list of a dozen Dutch, Belgian, Scandi clubs....you would only need a few to be with you subject to and you would be set. With that, my billions and my media empire UEFA and FIFA would cave in within a month.

Problem is, no billionaire.

Imho of course...

yes i do believe it, and i thought that was the general consensus on here- apparently not.

Hearts & Aberdeen are on deaths door, most of the clubs are in severe debt. The 12-12-18 consists mostly of part-time clubs.

Lets get one thing straight, the "professional" game in this country consists of a handful of clubs - and most of them are in severely poor financial health. Why stick around on a sinking ship and simpyl hope for the best? To achieve something extreme we need a true pioneer to take chances when others think he is crazy - maybe Greens the man to do it.

You've got that right m8, that's the problem, too many clubs and not enough money to go round.

But no, we don't do walking away, were a proud Scottish Football club we should play the game in Scotland and change it from within.

Our day will come and we won't forget.

To be honest, what we need is a Kerry Packer, Rupert Murdoch, Li Ka Shing type to do what Packer did with World Series Cricket....have some balls and roll the dice with 2 or 3 clubs in your pocket.

If I was a multi billionaire media mogul I would be on the phone to Green as well as a list of a dozen Dutch, Belgian, Scandi clubs....you would only need a few to be with you subject to and you would be set. With that, my billions and my media empire UEFA and FIFA would cave in within a month.

Problem is, no billionaire.

Imho of course...

finally someone is getting it.

if you had to redesign football from scratch, right now, globally, only an idiot would come up with the current format.

The NFL in america has 32 teams for a country about the size of Europe. Is equivalent to the champions league really and theres no other competitions. If you want to watch lower level stuff, you watch college football, or high school football. Nobody is interest i nwatching the Dallas Cowboys play a high school team. Yet thats what our 'domestic' European set-ups consist of. We have a team of world cup winenrs and possibly the best team ever in Barcelona competing against small time Spanish outfits with 3 stands for fuck sake. Football hasn't moved with the times.

finally someone is getting it.

if you had to redesign football from scratch, right now, globally, only an idiot would come up with the current format.

The NFL in america has 32 teams for a country about the size of Europe. Is equivalent to the champions league really and theres no other competitions. If you want to watch lower level stuff, you watch college football, or high school football. Nobody is interest i nwatching the Dallas Cowboys play a high school team. Yet thats what our 'domestic' European set-ups consist of. We have a team of world cup winenrs and possibly the best team ever in Barcelona competing against small time Spanish outfits with 3 stands for fuck sake. Football hasn't moved with the times.

I agree fully, it is hard for one club to lead that change though, particularly a club such as ourselves due to our relatively low comparable global brand recognition.

We just need to make sure at a minimum we are on the platform when the train comes, because it will come.

We Really must try pull out all the stops to get out of this Barron Land .

We don't need to resign as you state Rick we are only Associate members ,and I believe we could discuss this with The English FA and Leagues .

So we don't have to give them their Poxy Two Years Notice .

If we stay here we Prop up the rest of this Rabid League and they will Financially Rape us until we have Nothing left .

I'm not in the mood for Forgiving any of them for what they are doing to Football up here , they are tearing it to Pieces, and taking us with it.

I would back us trying and starting in the Lower English Leagues .

Our potential is never going to reach its best up here .

Because presently there is nowhere else to go, I don't have an issue with the principle of playing elsewhere, I have already stated I think it will happen in the form of an Atlantic League.

It's the bit about resigning on the off chance somone might take us, I suspect even the pioneers had a plan and did a bit of preparation.

if the reconstruction goes ahead with the SPL plan, it can only happen if SFL clubs can resign from the league without the 2 years notice required

so we'd have no problem resigning from the SFL

How can you resign from the SFA?.......

.I don't know

where to go ?

we could and should apply to the English lower leagues.........nothing to lose by doing so

Uefa are allowing "geographically close nations" to play together,

Belgium/Holland are putting pressure on them as well.......and we're near enough them

Closer still, (excluding England)...

.are Northern Ireland, Southern Ireland and Wales

How would the best teams in those leagues compare to the SPL ?

if the reconstruction goes ahead with the SPL plan, it can only happen if SFL clubs can resign from the league without the 2 years notice required

so we'd have no problem resigning from the SFL

How can you resign from the SFA?.......

.I don't know

where to go ?

we could and should apply to the English lower leagues.........nothing to lose by doing so

Uefa are allowing "geographically close nations" to play together,

Belgium/Holland are putting pressure on them as well.......and we're near enough them

Closer still, (excluding England)...

.are Northern Ireland, Southern Ireland and Wales

How would the best teams in those leagues compare to the SPL ?

just as small, there are several teams spread across belgium & holland with 30k + stadiums & we're only a ferry ride away from them.

We should be looking at pioneering an Atlantic league, a 20 team franchise with no relegation. 30k+ stadium a requirement.

just as small, there are several teams spread across belgium & holland with 30k + stadiums & we're only a ferry ride away from them.

We should be looking at pioneering an Atlantic league, a 20 team franchise with no relegation. 30k+ stadium a requirement.

With no relegation? There would be one hell of a lot of pointless matches then...

you could have applicants in a play off with the bottom 2

you could have applicants in a play off with the bottom 2

wouldnt work, what if ajax finished bottom and ultimately relegated and replaced with a french team who applied? then what, where do Ajax go? The french league?

I'm not sure why relegation is such a neccessity for football fans. Who really cares about people dropping down? Take the NFL for instance, one of the most successful sporting set-ups anywhere in the world, it has the same 32 teams competing each year. It just doesn't make any sense to come up with a mechanism where a tiny wee club could achieve a fairytale run and win the superbowl with a following of 300 fans while a giant team with over 1 million fans wallows about at lower levels.

the whole premise of successful sport is competitiveness in the long term & competitors competing on the same level. Nobody is interested in watching Roger Federer round 1 in Wimbledon facing the 176th seed, but millions tune in for the final vs Nadal.

Really need to find out what the rules are regards being an associate member. But if we don't require to give two years notice and can leave at any time then Charlie should be looking at the options about playing in another league while still playing in Scotland and if we get accepted by the EFL then just tell sfa to stick it and we are off. Because this time next year they will have another reconstruction to keep us in the bottom league so they can milk us dry. Also we should be making it as difficult as possible with regards the TV deal. We have the guts of almost 50k Rangers fans turning up every other week at Ibrox and as Scotland is still a democracy, and we have taken our punishment we should have the right to be heard now as this cannot go on for ever!

Really need to find out what the rules are regards being an associate member. But if we don't require to give two years notice and can leave at any time then Charlie should be looking at the options about playing in another league while still playing in Scotland and if we get accepted by the EFL then just tell sfa to stick it and we are off. Because this time next year they will have another reconstruction to keep us in the bottom league so they can milk us dry. Also we should be making it as difficult as possible with regards the TV deal. We have the guts of almost 50k Rangers fans turning up every other week at Ibrox and as Scotland is still a democracy, and we have taken our punishment we should have the right to be heard now as this cannot go on for ever!

i dont think we have to give 2 years but the EFL will not entertain the idea wile we are holding membership elsewhere out of respect.

we can't do this without taking the gamble i want us to take.

i dont think we have to give 2 years but the EFL will not entertain the idea wile we are holding membership elsewhere out of respect.

we can't do this without taking the gamble i want us to take.

But if they made the right noises by saying if you aren't members we would take you, then we could dump our sfa membership and go.

But if they made the right noises by saying if you aren't members we would take you, then we could dump our sfa membership and go.

but the process would be a vote.

they wont allow the vote while we have a membership.

there is no way aroudn it mate, we have to dive into the water and hope we can swim.

Maybe this is what's behind what Charlie was saying few days ago about looking at all the options.

again we are associated members there is no requirement to give two yrs written notice to quit. we can do what we want. push the envelope and let eufa and fifa deal wi it. i wld be happy to play against junior teams from fecking austyralia as long as we leave this place while platani et al get their dodgy fingers out of their arses and stop taking bribes. i mean ffs . france to get next euro championships after already having it twice and world cup in ninety eight. corruption of the highest order. and when one man challenged him. they turned it on him for bribery. could not make it up.

I'm slightly suprised at the pessimism that many fans have on here. I would say we have set a good narrative over the last few months. When you're down, you're down; and sometimes you can't expect favours when that happens. Ask yourselves, where will it all be in 10 years time?; it wouldn't take too much optimism to suggest we will be well out of the situation we are in right now People need to be patient, I think.