Stadium Renaming

BearAbroad

Not much for a club their size.

Based on? Is there a formula which determines how much clubs should earn from naming rights relative to their 'size'?

Arsenal received £100m over 15 years for the naming rights and shirt sponsorship so it looks like its about right 'for a club their size'. It does mean that, if this is true, then we are punching above our weight in terms of what receive from the rights to Ibrox.

before i waste half an hour reading 14 pages.

Is there anything in this or just total speculation?

You've preempted my post...

Please do bear in mind that this whole thing is still pure speculation, from an "unnamed facebook page" which apparently heard 'a comment' at Ibrox yesterday.

So let's not anyone get too over-excited, or overly-angry.

But that doesn't mean we can't debate the hypothetical situation.

before i waste half an hour reading 14 pages.

Is there anything in this or just total speculation?

There was a Q&A with Charles Green today i think and he has supposed to have said it at this. He also said we have been invited to Singapore to play in a testimonial for 2 EPL players and that we are in talks with 3 players to sign them on pre contracts..

Based on? Is there a formula which determines how much clubs should earn from naming rights relative to their 'size'?

Arsenal received £100m over 15 years for the naming rights and shirt sponsorship so it looks like its about right 'for a club their size'. It does mean that, if this is true, then we are punching above our weight in terms of what receive from the rights to Ibrox.

Possibly mate. Could Hearts and Tynecastle command the same fee as Barcelona and the Camp Nou? Obviously not.

Arsenal get *£5.5m per season for shirt sponsorship, that would only leave just over £1m for stadium naming rights if £100m over 15 years is correct, no?

*http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/07/24/premier-league-shirt-deals-hit-147m-record-high-thanks-to-north-east-boom-240702/

*http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2177186/Premier-League-shirt-sponsor-deals-rise-147m.html

I can understand that some fans would be upset by this.

I want the best for the club. I want us to live within our means, and I want long term sustainability so I never have another year like last year, which was hellish.

For the kind of figures quoted, I think it would make a lot of sense to do it.

It will always be Ibrox to me anyway.

Possibly mate. Could Hearts and Tynecastle command the same fee as Barcelona and the Camp Nou? Obviously not.

Arsenal get *£5.5m per season for shirt sponsorship, that would only leave just over £1m for stadium naming rights if £100m over 15 years is correct, no?

*http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/07/24/premier-league-shirt-deals-hit-147m-record-high-thanks-to-north-east-boom-240702/

*http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2177186/Premier-League-shirt-sponsor-deals-rise-147m.html

The £100m is a combined deal so where they got the £5.5m figure from I'n not exactly sure.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/3715678.stm

The £100m is a combined deal so where they got the £5.5m figure from I'n not exactly sure.

http://news.bbc.co.u...nal/3715678.stm

It doesn't leave much for naming rights, maybe the deal was not as good as Arsenal thought, certainly not when you see what the other big guns rake in through sponsorship. (tu)

It doesn't leave much for naming rights, maybe the deal was not as good as Arsenal thought, certainly not when you see what the other big guns rake in through sponsorship. (tu)

Its not a particularly fantastic deal. Arsenal have said as much themselves. There aren't many other 'big guns' who have sold the naming rights to their stadium. Infact I cant really think of ANYONE else outside Germany that would be considered a 'big gun' that have sold their rights. So it brings me back to my original point. '£4m isn't a lot for a club their size' based on?

gutted at this, feeling pretty shamed that we will be remembered as the fans who allowed this.

not totally against the name change (although the name put forward is pretty stupid doesnt really roll of the tongue) the bit that has me upset is the signage that will go over the front facade.

Because its listed does not mean you cannot put up signs, it just stops you from fixing sinage directly into the brick, plenty of ways round this lots and lots of removable signs are available.If you believe someone is going to pay £2.5m a year to have northing on the front of the building facing the road you are living in cloud cuckoo cuckoo land.They can also seek permission to change the sign that is currently above the door hopefully that will not be granted. have a look at how tacky the signage at st james park looked when it was all up on the outside

As i said before and nobody agreed, the 140 years that was displayed in the windows was not to make it look all pretty it was to show potential sponsers how their logos can be seen.Just praying they dont cover the glass staircases with signs aswell.

£7.5m to split our support and ruin the look of the most historic looking stadium in the world, dark dark days.

Going to look very tacky in my opinion and completly ruins the look of what is meant to be our stadium.

Its not a particularly fantastic deal. Arsenal have said as much themselves. There aren't many other 'big guns' who have sold the naming rights to their stadium. Infact I cant really think of ANYONE else outside Germany that would be considered a 'big gun' that have sold their rights. So it brings me back to my original point. '£4m isn't a lot for a club their size' based on?

I was talking about the £5.5m for shirt sponsorship when other similar sized clubs have at least double that.