Stadium Renaming

BearAbroad

the club see's this as a new income stream and will look to sell the name again and again as each licencing agreement ends. thats not scaremongering thats a fact.

i

dont agree this is scaremongering, its clear the club thinks naming rights can be used as a new revenue stream for the forseeable future with the name changing every 3 -4 years depending on who offers the most money. So its more than likely that in the next ten years someone will pay more to remove ibrox completly from the name once the initial furore has calmed.Future supporters will not be calling the stadium ibrox again, if this works sucessfully sponsers will want naming rights along with their name on the strip as a package deal along with signage on the outside of the stands

So dont think that the name ibrox will always be synonymous with rangers.

seems like the start of a erosion of part of our history to me, we should be scared. We dont need the money that bad.

doh

I'll get my coat now.

Fans talking of boycotts if it happens or saying its akin to our club getting raped. You don't see why they are getting dismissed?

This thread has exhausted me.

People, including me, will rant and rave about it initially - then eventually come around, it's what always happens. Just let them reach that point on their own.

Thus clearly giving it a place in our history. Thanks for posting the details though, if we bring one out soon it will clearly establish a tradition of bringing out an orange (or similar) strip roughly every decade.

Or do you get to decide these things?

Every decade? Bar the first 12 of the clubs existence?

People don't 'decide' what is history and tradition. Two strips doesn't make something a 'tradition' it's merely as crass a marketing stunt as renaming the stadium.

In a perfect world this wouldnt happen but its far from perfect and as far as sponsorship fees go this would be fantastic money for Rangers, Charles always said money was his and his investors reason for buying Rangers and as much as we love his off the cuff style and hard assed approach, he is a businessman and businessmen believe in making money however they can (within reason) this is the first and probably not the last big decision we may not like but for years we wanted someone to be more than a yes man and make the big calls and do the right thing not the popular thing, well it seems we got him.

People are welcome to their misgivings, I have a few of my own, but when I compare those niggling doubts to the very painful anxieties which our financial insecurities gave rise to last year, I can't help but feel that we have to put practicality ahead of sentimentality.

not completly true when it is fans asking for this as a homage to our orange history. Not being done solely to make cash.

Orange history? Or as a 'tribute to our dutch manager and players'. Marketing stunt aimed solely at those who scream about history and tradition whilst destroying history and tradition.

Can I have a strip with the Boys Brigade emblem on it to celebrate our shared history with them?

People don't 'decide' what is history and tradition. Two strips doesn't make something a 'tradition' it's merely as crass a marketing stunt as renaming the stadium.

I'm pretty sure the 93/94 season is part of our history. Why can't a tradition be started from that point?

(tu)

Thanks for that.

So you do get to decide for us all.

i find it strange that tradition is such a big factor for some yet our team continually plays.in red and white socks, at least the renaming of the stadium will bring some revenue, we have given up some traditions for nothing which is scandalous and nowhere near as much fuss made about it either

i find it strange that tradition is such a big factor for some yet our team continually plays.in red and white socks, at least the renaming of the stadium will bring some revenue, we have given up some traditions for nothing which is scandalous and nowhere near as much fuss made about it either

Possibly because most of us understand the reason we wear red and white socks.

Oddly enough folk seem to be dismissing posters who are willing to accept the financial realities of the new world.

thats because fans like me think the club will still have one of the biggest turnovers in football without cashing in on naming rights. Recessions come and go dont really understand what new world you mean. Nothings really changed the rich get richer.

Orange history? Or as a 'tribute to our dutch manager and players'. Marketing stunt aimed solely at those who scream about history and tradition whilst destroying history and tradition.

Can I have a strip with the Boys Brigade emblem on it to celebrate our shared history with them?

orange history. Pretty sure the orange strip is a fans idea and is highly inticipated by the majority of our fans.

no, because you are not the majority. If the majority of our fans wanted the boys brigade emblem on our strip to commemerate a part of our history then it should happen.

In the places where it matters most - the hearts and minds of the Rangers family and in the everyday language we will use it will always be Ibrox and we will most likely always refer to it as Ibrox or Ibrox stadium if its Sunday name is used.

In the commercial world it will be whatever the name is. It had better include the name Ibrox though and my own preference if this is to happen and if it is possible is that 'Ibrox' is the first word. As fo signage I see no reason why the signage at the stadium cannot be confined to the perimeter and approach routes and the Sports Direct shop but with no alterations to anything else on the actual fabric of Ibrox.

thats because fans like me think the club will still have one of the biggest turnovers in football without cashing in on naming rights. Recessions come and go dont really understand what new world you mean. Nothings really changed the rich get richer.

orange history. Pretty sure the orange strip is a fans idea and is highly inticipated by the majority of our fans.

no, because you are not the majority. If the majority of our fans wanted the boys brigade emblem on our strip to commemerate a part of our history then it should happen.

No it wasn't. It was somebody within the club who suggested & approved the designs with adidas/diadora. If it was down to what the fans wanted why is there no orange strip this year? or last year? or the year before?

Craig Swift@TopFenceClimber@rangersfctrust £7.5m over 3 years from Sports Direct. Dude beside me adamant he's doing the job. Will be changed for next home game?

Craig Swift@TopFenceClimber

@TommyMexes @rangersfctrust £2.5m per year for 3 years. Said AMcC is to get £5m of it when the time comes to spend

rangersfctrust across front (pitch facing) of roof of 3 stands and all advertising hoardings on stands to carry SportsDirect

No it wasn't. It was somebody within the club who suggested & approved the designs with adidas/diadora. If it was down to what the fans wanted why is there no orange strip this year? or last year? or the year before?

because the last time we brought out a orange strip the club recieved complaints of encouraging bigotry, and decided to not issue another orange strip. When Charles Green traveled round supporters clubs he was asked several times if he would bring back a orange strip as the minutes from these events showed, all of which was posted on this site.

Craig Swift@TopFenceClimber@rangersfctrust £7.5m over 3 years from Sports Direct. Dude beside me adamant he's doing the job. Will be changed for next home game?

Craig Swift@TopFenceClimber

@TommyMexes@rangersfctrust £2.5m per year for 3 years. Said AMcC is to get £5m of it when the time comes to spend

rangersfctrust across front (pitch facing) of roof of 3 stands and all advertising hoardings on stands to carry SportsDirect

if its not on the front facade i will feel a little less anxious.

because the last time we brought out a orange strip the club recieved complaints of encouraging bigotry, and decided to not issue another orange strip. When Charles Green traveled round supporters clubs he was asked several times if he would bring back a orange strip as the minutes from these events showed, all of which was posted on this site.

The club received complaints about encouraging bigotry for the way the grass was cut, the colour of straws available, the choice of crisps available, the pricing of food on the menu, the colour of our socks, the pre match music played at Ibrox (regardless of song), our choices of signings (regardless of religion). We still sell food, cut the grass, wear the same colour of socks, play the same songs and sign players. Why is this 'allegation' any different? Didn't Green say there was a design for an orange strip? Why didn't he say that 'no we can't have one as the MOPES will complain' if its down to allegations of encouraging bigotry?

We almost did not have a Club a year ago.

Charles Green has so far made it clear he will fight the Clubs corner and take it back to the top, and equally clear he is here to make a profit.

Sadly selling the naming rights to Ibrox is likely to be part of the brave new world in which we now exist. It's a lot of money to turn away whether it is to be used for squad development or shareholder return.

Ive funded us more than ever this season, so don't start that pish.

Suggest everyone takes a look at Red Bull Salzburg. Don't want Rangers to turn out like them. Remember 'Everything' is for sale at this Club.

am i wrong here in thinking Sports Direct at Ibrox Stadium is a stadium sponsorship.......