Stadium Renaming

BearAbroad

Where have you been? They do that anyway.

If they want to take the piss that we can generate more money than them that's fine with me. I give a fuck what they think and I'll :lol: as their clubs go under.

You'll laugh as they go under? Yeah right.. We've been saying that for a while now its getting boring. They ain't going under any time soon.

It isn't all about money, there are such things as dignity and tradition at a club like ours.

Mike Ashley is a a fat opprtunist and as much as I hate to admit it, these cunts will end up raping our club of all that is treasured. I respect the guys for what they did so far to save it but lets not forget Green did say he would sell the grass at Sheffield if the price was right.

Most of us aren't in a position to make millions from the club....they are. Sports Direct Ibrox or something..,fuck off and rename the team then.

You'll laugh as they go under? Yeah right.. We've been saying that for a while now its getting boring. They ain't going under any time soon.

It isn't all about money, there are such things as dignity and tradition at a club like ours.

Mike Ashley is a a fat opprtunist and as much as I hate to admit it, these cunts will end up raping our club of all that is treasured. I respect the guys for what they did so far to save it but lets not forget Green did say he would sell the grass at Sheffield if the price was right.

Most of us aren't in a position to make millions from the club....they are. Sports Direct Ibrox or something..,fuck off and rename the team then.

Would you buy an orange away kit? or would you like to see one released?

And an asteroid could hit earth at any time. :craphead:

This doom and gloom that leasing the naming rights will lead to our club being "raped" is illogical paranoia and scaremongering.

So. <cr>

The EPL is a slightly different 'market' today than the one that existed when Arsenal signed their contract in 2004. Arsenal, at the time needed a BIG injection of cash to fund the building of Ashburton Grove. Emirates stepped in with a good money, long term deal. When Man U renewed thir deal with Vodafone in 2003 they were getting £9m p/a.

But tradition and history dictates it should be White or Red. Nothing else.

It's been pointed out we played in hoops long ago.

Think of the traditions, won't somebody please think of the traditions. :anguish:

I don't see how anyone can say adding a prefix to Ibrox Stadium for sponsorship is breaking from traditions. If it is then we should never change anything ever. Great plan. :pipe: and what about the original company?

Not tue, we used to have a tangerine strip, and we have had other colours (remember that lilac/ purple one).

At what point do things we do become traditions?

First orange kit was 1993/94. Lilac was possibly the following season. We had one tangerine kit after that (02/03 maybe). Introducing something after 120 years is hardly 'history and tradition'. Infact I think the orange and blue kit from 93/94 was the first ever Rangers kit that wasn't red/white/blue (or any variation of the three)

Think of the traditions, won't somebody please think of the traditions. :anguish:

I don't see how anyone can say adding a prefix to Ibrox Stadium for sponsorship is breaking from traditions. If it is then we should never change anything ever. Great plan. :pipe: and what about the original company?

It's just wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Tacky and unworthy.

I'm sure I'll get over it in time though, if it does happen. I don't see why people are dismissing their fellow fans for having doubts about it.

We did. It was our home top though. Away kits, until 1994 ( i believe) were red or white (with the odd bit blue thrown in.) Nothing else. Fuck me until 92 I cant even think of a home top that had red in it.

This doom and gloom that leasing the naming rights will lead to our club being "raped" is illogical paranoia and scaremongering.

the club see's this as a new income stream and will look to sell the name again and again as each licencing agreement ends. thats not scaremongering thats a fact.

i

dont agree this is scaremongering, its clear the club thinks naming rights can be used as a new revenue stream for the forseeable future with the name changing every 3 -4 years depending on who offers the most money. So its more than likely that in the next ten years someone will pay more to remove ibrox completly from the name once the initial furore has calmed.Future supporters will not be calling the stadium ibrox again, if this works sucessfully sponsers will want naming rights along with their name on the strip as a package deal along with signage on the outside of the stands

So dont think that the name ibrox will always be synonymous with rangers.

seems like the start of a erosion of part of our history to me, we should be scared. We dont need the money that bad.

First orange kit was 1993/94. Lilac was possibly the following season. We had one tangerine kit after that (02/03 maybe). Introducing something after 120 years is hardly 'history and tradition'. Infact I think the orange and blue kit from 93/94 was the first ever Rangers kit that wasn't red/white/blue (or any variation of the three)

Thus clearly giving it a place in our history. Thanks for posting the details though, if we bring one out soon it will clearly establish a tradition of bringing out an orange (or similar) strip roughly every decade.

Or do you get to decide these things?

It's just wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Tacky and unworthy.

I'm sure I'll get over it in time though, if it does happen. I don't see why people are dismissing their fellow fans for having doubts about it.

Fans talking of boycotts if it happens or saying its akin to our club getting raped. You don't see why they are getting dismissed?

This thread has exhausted me.