Stadium Renaming

BearAbroad

Yes. it's always healthy to have some scepticism.

But what's the worst that can happen?

"Hello and welcome to the Sports Direct Ibrox Stadium in Glasgow. Tonight in the Atlantic League final matchday it's Rangers v Benfica - winner takes all. The stadium is packed to its 65,000 capacity, and around the world, over 300 million viewers are tuning in to see who will be crowned the Kings of Europe"

- Mark my words ;)

if we are to re-establish ourselves on the park at European level we will need money to spend on players. You are right GB, Football is changing

if we are to re-establish ourselves on the park at European level we will need money to spend on players. You are right GB, Football is changing

There are those who would argue that it changed decades ago, and that those clubs who clung to their traditions got left behind then.

And I wasn't even thinking about the once mighty Queen's Park, but that's a good example too.

£833K a year for renaming the stadium. Thats just sad.

At the moment all we have is rumour and speculation. It's gone from £2.5 million a season (amazing) to £800k a season (poor). Somewhere in between those two would be more realistic I'd think. I'm sure CG will inform us if something concrete is offered, he knows what makes us so strong and an attractive option to sponsors. Us, the fans. He won't be pissing us off in a hurry that's for sure.

Biggest turnovers in world football? Loss of TV revenue when compared to even recent years, increased player power and wage demands, decades of accumulating debt to try and compete, neglect of infrastructure, all these demands need to be serviced wile observing the arrival the new financial fair play rules. That new world

we will make more this year in tv revenue than we have done before with the ppv we have lost i think only £1-2m from spl tv money.We have slashed our wage budget by millions and are running with our smallest wage budget 33% in years.We have sold more ST than ever before.No debt.Infrastructure that has made us the most successful domestic team in the world is still in place with £22m in the bank for renevations etc.£-m to come from players that left still to be added hopefully.

so we dont need to sell anything we dont want to.

We cant buy players but already have £10m transfer budget which is well within our means.

we will turn over in my opinion around the £40m mark slightly lower than usual but will leave us in the top 30 or so earning clubs in the world.

At the moment all we have is rumour and speculation. It's gone from £2.5 million a season (amazing) to £800k a season (poor). Somewhere in between those two would be more realistic I'd think. I'm sure CG will inform us if something concrete is offered, he knows what makes us so strong and an attractive option to sponsors. Us, the fans. He won't be pissing us off in a hurry that's for sure.

I am a huge supporter of CG, but if he sells it for £833K a year he may piss us off sooner than he thinks. If we are going to do it (and I dont think we should) we do it for big bucks and I dont put that sum in the "big bucks" bracket.

It the same wages a player of £16K a week would be on. I would rather do without the player than rename the stadium.

I'm fine with that style of name for Ibrox. Remember that our players have been advertising lager on their shirts for years as have the fans.

The really interesting thing is how the branding will be applied. They won't put a huge graphic poster on the front of the red brick building itself but there is bound to be some large signage somewhere especially in the ground for the TV cameras to see.

probably replace the rangers fc above the govan stand ?????

Hurts that soo many fans are willing to sell our tradition and history for money.

What's next? 'Sports direct 9iar team' 'Rangers Sports Direct Hall of Fame' As long as it brings in the money eh?

If this is true, Green has lost a season ticket holder.

I'm sure he will live with it