Stadium Renaming

BearAbroad

Yeah, that was enough to get him back on to my illustrious list ;)

I used to have a list back in my FF days but haven't bothered here. Even the posters who annoy me here provide plenty ammo to get torn into and make them look foolish but the volume of posting on here doesn't seem as much so it can leave plenty time to kill between relevant posts.

I used to have a list back in my FF days but haven't bothered here. Even the posters who annoy me here provide plenty ammo to get torn into and make them look foolish but the volume of posting on here doesn't seem as much so it can leave plenty time to kill between relevant posts.

I've just found it makes life a lot easier, and more enjoyable. I would recommend it to everyone.

Most (but not all) of the ones I have on it are just (IMO) vile people, so I'm not missing much.

Nobody is forcing anyone to support their team if they don't want to.

If its as big a deal as signing a rabid taig, or having our anthem banned by the clubs alleged custodian, you can always vote with your feet.

If its as big a deal as signing a rabid taig, or having our anthem banned by the clubs alleged custodian, you can always vote with your feet.

Point is it won't make any difference. If someone decides to give up there season ticket there will always be another Rangers fan there willing to take that seat.

so I guess you agree with selling the naming rights.The ironic thing is the comment you have for you location then

I'll ask you the same question I've asked others. Would you buy/like to see an orange away kit? Its not traditional, it's done soley to raise money, and imo cheapens the 'brand'. Even if the figure coming from gersnet (£2.5m over 3 years) is correct I, personally think it is not something the club should instantly rule out. I would strongly recommend they consult with the support in some form or another on this but believe that the situation Scottish football finds itself in NEEDS clubs to be a lot more savvy to generating income and not simply sit back and expect riches to roll in from sponsors/transfers/rich benefactors. If, like Newcastle, the proposed name change removes the original name completely then I am dead against it, however anything that includes Ibrox and is beneficial to the club is always worth looking at further.

just so i can be clear what you are saying is, that if you don't agree with how someone is running the club and the decisions they make (especially this one as it is involving a part of the clubs identity) you should shut up or fuck off

I'll ask you the same question I've asked others. Would you buy/like to see an orange away kit? Its not traditional, it's done soley to raise money, and imo cheapens the 'brand'. Even if the figure coming from gersnet (£2.5m over 3 years) is correct I, personally think it is not something the club should instantly rule out. I would strongly recommend they consult with the support in some form or another on this but believe that the situation Scottish football finds itself in NEEDS clubs to be a lot more savvy to generating income and not simply sit back and expect riches to roll in from sponsors/transfers/rich benefactors. If, like Newcastle, the proposed name change removes the original name completely then I am dead against it, however anything that includes Ibrox and is beneficial to the club is always worth looking at further.

I am personally 100% against the idea of an orange kit because of the reasons you stated and it is just taking advantage of the idiot section of our support that think wearing the colour orange and sing songs about religion makes them a good gers fan.I am against the idea of the naming rights in any sense because imo it represents more than just a name. It says we would sell our soul for a quick buck. Maybe I am holding on to old football morals (im 23so not that old). But uneasy always brought up with the idea gers were built on integrity, honour honesty good qualities and if we sell our name would feel like we are changing what we are.Might sound dramatic but that is why i feel so strongly against it

just so i can be clear what you are saying is, that if you don't agree with how someone is running the club and the decisions they make (especially this one as it is involving a part of the clubs identity) you should shut up or fuck off

apparently thats the logic on this forum mate.

Most of the strong opinions on here come from armchair fans.

No name change loyal.