majority of Conference clubs favour Rangers move

RFC55

The bheast has stated that it wishes to distance itself from the "old firm" brand, and the manager of the bheast is no longer going to talk about Rangers, so there should be no need to mention the bheast in any discussions.

The only people throwing the bheast into the equation here are ourselves.

Lets just forget about the bheast.

I can't see Celtic wanting to go to the conference anyway, they have guaranteed Champions League football for the next however many years.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see Celtic wanting to go to the conference anyway, they have guaranteed Champions League football for the next however many years.

Guaranteed qualifiers yeah,

This season they got lucky cos they entered an easier route to the CL group stages, as Scotland received two CL places - but next season and for the next however many years, it will be very different and very difficult for them to reach further than the first stage of qualifiers they enter.

This season they got lucky cos they entered an easier route to the CL group stages, as Scotland received two CL places - but next season and for the next however many years, it will be very different and very difficult for them to reach further than the first stage of qualifiers they enter.

:lol:

the coefficient will fall like a stone - but we will have the FA cup...........maybe

Guaranteed Champions League qualifying rounds. No more than that.

Anyway, can we perhaps stop trying to involve the bheast in this thread?

Someone said earlier "The conference is a separate league and rules iirc but it would be convincing the league clubs to allow us in should promotion ever happen "

It was on Clyde last night someone from England FA (I think could be wrong) said they wouldnt allow Rangers or Celtic to play in the top flight.

I heard that too ,don't know whether they meant they wouldn't allow us straight in or if they meant under any circumstance. I'm sure they have an agreement with the football league concerning promotion / relegation ,so I think they would find it difficult to refuse us entry through promotion .the football league on the other hand have rules that they could use to prevent us from gaining promotion from the conference .

Stockport County:

Stockport County are one of the clubs in favour with vice-chairman Spencer Fearn believing Ally McCoist’s men would help give the league a higher profile and better financial rewards.

Fearn said: “If Rangers feel they have been given a raw deal in Scotland and are determined to leave then there is no harm in discussing it.

“I would welcome them as it would be excellent in terms of revenue generation for clubs through TV money, gate income and sponsorship as well as raising awareness of the Conference brand outside the UK.

“We have seen what has happened in Scotland’s Third Division so it would be good for the Conference to have Rangers.

“Clubs like Peterhead and East Stirling have been playing in front of full stadiums and there is so much interest because of the presence of Rangers.

“Rangers being in any division gives it a boost because of the fanbase and history. I would certainly welcome them.”

Stockport County:

Stockport County are one of the clubs in favour with vice-chairman Spencer Fearn believing Ally McCoist’s men would help give the league a higher profile and better financial rewards.

Fearn said: “If Rangers feel they have been given a raw deal in Scotland and are determined to leave then there is no harm in discussing it.

“I would welcome them as it would be excellent in terms of revenue generation for clubs through TV money, gate income and sponsorship as well as raising awareness of the Conference brand outside the UK.

“We have seen what has happened in Scotland’s Third Division so it would be good for the Conference to have Rangers.

“Clubs like Peterhead and East Stirling have been playing in front of full stadiums and there is so much interest because of the presence of Rangers.

“Rangers being in any division gives it a boost because of the fanbase and history. I would certainly welcome them.”

Sounds like this we want to hear

Stockport County:

Hard on material

Out of the 24 teams in the Conference Premier league the vast majority have an average gate of less than 30% of capacity. Only Luton have an average over half at 60%. Most are approx 25% full on average. As one of their chairmen alluded to earlier, the additional revenue to be gained from better TV money and greater attendances would make this proposed move very worthwhile. One home game against RFC would generate on average approximately £65k in ticket money (at £15 a ticket) plus TV money plus food, drink, programme sales. That will take it well over £100k.

Hopefully, this is a goer and the clincher will be our FA membership from the 1880's or whenever. This would then not mean a precedent has been set, and no other Scottish teams could follow our route, except those that also competed in the FA cup (perhaps Queen's Park from memory), although I'm not sure they were given FA membership like we were. What's an extra couple of years to potentially get to the top league?

Hopefully, this is a goer and the clincher will be our FA membership from the 1880's or whenever. This would then not mean a precedent has been set, and no other Scottish teams could follow our route, except those that also competed in the FA cup (perhaps Queen's Park from memory), although I'm not sure they were given FA membership like we were. What's an extra couple of years to potentially get to the top league?

“Several Scottish elevens, including Renton, Glasgow Rangers, Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle participated in the 1886-87 FA Cup as did Cliftonville from Ireland.

Just a wee update on the conference clubs meeting scheduled for Monday. The meeting was postponed due to the weather and will now take place on Febuary 11.

http://www.thisistam...tail/story.html

cheers for the update. I wondered what had happened.

I think the "its not on the agenda" is people playing with words. We wont be an official item on their published agenda probably, but it will be discussed under "any other business" section or something like that.

I always believed that we should stay in Scotland but after recent events and the whole ludicris recontruction idea i would support fully a move to the conference.

A higher standard of football more income better players a win win in my book.