majority of Conference clubs favour Rangers move

RFC55

Forest Green and Gateshead: You think you're bigger than the Rangers??? :000000082:

Newport are Welsh aren't they? They more than anyone else in that list should be supporting a fellow British team. Who's their chairman? Would like to know his story... sounds like jealousy but I hope it's nothing more sinister. Any bear got an email address?

Haven't really got issues with the 'maybe' votes but the three that said 'NO' need to explain their reasons IMO.

I'm sure Forest Green and Gateshead dont think they're bigger than us.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forest Green and Gateshead: You think you're bigger than the Rangers??? :000000082:

Newport are Welsh aren't they? They more than anyone else in that list should be supporting a fellow British team. Who's their chairman? Would like to know his story... sounds like jealousy but I hope it's nothing more sinister. Any bear got an email address?

Haven't really got issues with the 'maybe' votes but the three that said 'NO' need to explain their reasons IMO.

Why do they have to explain themselves?

I think the leagues are a lot tougher down here...........wtf.

Amateur footballer, 27, shot in the legs by gangland gunmen in front of 150 spectators as he warmed up for match

• Hitman jogged on to the pitch just before kick-off and shot Alan Jopson, 27
  • He then fled in silver getaway car as crowd ran for their lives
  • Liverpool is currently in the grip of a string of tit-for-tat shootings

By Emma Reynolds

PUBLISHED: 11:50, 15 January 2013 | UPDATED: 12:43, 15 January 2013

An amateur footballer was gunned down by a gangland hitman in front of 150 spectators as he was warming up for a match with teammates.

Alan Jopson, 27, was doing stretch exercises just before kick-off at a playing field in Liverpool when the masked gunman calmly jogged on to the pitch and shot him in the legs.

The victim was hit three times in both legs and lay reeling in agony as the would-be assassin fled in a silver getaway car.

A spokesman for Alder FC also said the incident was 'not football-related'.

On SFA clearence, seeing as we're only associate members does that mean normal rules don't apply to us?

I thought we had our full SFA share transferred over, and we were associate members of the SFL?

This shit fries my nut lol

I think one of the interesting things to come out of these type of threads is that very few - if any - are opposed to the idea. There may be some people who dont think it will happen and some people that do and thats fair enough - but it is certainly limited in terms of those who are really opposed to it.

IMO Is good to see that we are open to change and willing to expand our horizons beyond the shite that comes with the old firm setup and I think that is to be commended.

I think one of the interesting things to come out of these type of threads is that very few - if any - are opposed to the idea. There may be some people who dont think it will happen and some people that do and thats fair enough - but it is certainly limited in terms of those who are really opposed to it.

IMO Is good to see that we are open to change and willing to expand our horizons beyond the shite that comes with the old firm setup and I think that is to be commended.

For me I just would like to get out of this vile set up and be welcomed and treated in a league with open arms. I also see, if it was to happen a major step forward and up as I feel these is a better varity teams and better quality, fresh challenges.

I think if the taigs got wind of us moving, they would try like fuck to ride our coattails into the conference with us.

I'm not sure what they would think. And I guess there is more than one of them, and they might not all think the same thing. Yes they do want to get into England, but I think they wanted to either go straight into the Premier League, or the Championship. Would they want to be in Conference North and not have European football for a few years? It's OK for us because we won't have European football for a few years anyway.

Not getting excited, but the idea of continuing this adventure - rather than suffocating with the dross in the SFA's disastrous new system - is unbelievably attractive. Anyway, at least a discourse has started. It's a step in the right direction.

I can't honestly see it happening, but it might make the SFA think twice about the way they treat us, if it looks like one (or both) of their cash cows jumping ship then they might take our views a bit more seriously.

Interested to see how this plays out though. I would certainly be against the idea if the EPL or higher leagues in England were able to reject us if/when we got promotion from the conference.

I'm not sure what they would think. And I guess there is more than one of them, and they might not all think the same thing. Yes they do want to get into England, but I think they wanted to either go straight into the Premier League, or the Championship. Would they want to be in Conference North and not have European football for a few years? It's OK for us because we won't have European football for a few years anyway.

The "they" i was talking about was celtic as a club, not their fans mate.

I guess it would depend on how long term they are looking. They are in Europe right now, but its no certainty that they will even qualify again, never mind do as well as they have done.

TBH I am still on the fence about moving to the conference, I would have to see more info on what would happen if/when we got promoted.

i'm afraid not, Bookmakers have odds makers who are experts in the field, odds being driven by punters is only 1 part of it. Otherwise, Ricky Hatton would have been a HUGE favourite with UK bookmakers to beat Floyd Mayweather given the amount of money that went on him by the british public who had never heard of Hattons opponent. The bookies however, usualy have it pretty accurate, Mayweather remained favourite, as ofcourse, he should have been.

Bookies try to balance the book so that they pay out the same amount of money no matter who wins. Part of that will be laying off bets to bookies in other parts of the world where you have regional favourites.

If the way could be paved to a move to the Conference then I'd be for it. These days the only factor that would make me think twice would be if the near-certain prospect of playing in a Eurpean league arose at the same time. Staying in Scottish football would be the least preferred choice and lowest fallback position. That's how much the bad and mad events of the last year by the SPL, SFA and now a madcap reconstruction have conspired to convince me to actively hope that a move out of Scottish football can be engineered - and soon. The damage and wreckage left here in Scotland is already in my view too severe to make it recoverable in my lifetime. I'll follow Rangers wherever they play and if it meant continuing playing here then so be it. For me it would be the poorest outcome but at least I'd know that Rangers had explored every possible opportunity to get out.

Think of the potential to rise through the English leagues. What a journey that would be. What a chapter in our history. Look at Swansea City for example. A fans consortium helped to save the club in 2002. The just avoided relegation from the football league on the last day of the 2002-3 season. Moved to a new stadium in 2005. Gradually rose to the EPL in 2011. I see it as more than possible that if invited in Rangers could also rise through the English league structures with a result of transforming our football fortunes. Bear in mind too that many clubs in England face significant financial difficulties and not just in the short term either so the prospect of playing Rangers would be beneficial for all parties.

I refer you to my standard response to anything regarding them:

Ahem...

Fuck thum.

That's alright in theory, but if this is a goer (I'm still not even close to being convinced) then those muggy little cunts will be all over us like a fucking rash to follow us. We absolutely must leave them to rot in this league.