majority of Conference clubs favour Rangers move

RFC55

Godfather, are Real Madrid significantly better than Championship sides?

Or do you not know because you've not seen them play the championship sides?

Shows how much you know about football. Clueless.

Coming from the roaster who says ICT would turn over half the championship because they can beat teams like Dundee and Ross County...

:lol:

Priceless Ricky...bloody priceless!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers are playing in the 3rd division and ICT were clear favourites for that tie so it was no shock they won...

How can you say current form in the SPL means they would be favourites to beat a team playing in a far better league in another country? That makes zero sense.

they weren't, i bet on Rangers, we favourites on the basis we smashed Motherwell when they were sitting top of the SPL, and at home.

This is quite an exciting development in all honesty, this is the clubs who matter actually saying yes! The downside is persuading the Npower league clubs that we deserve to come through the system! Is Macclesfield away really any worse than Dunfermline etc?

Only problem is a Rangers fans life expectancy would drop by about ten year with all the bevvy and gear on these long trips :lol:

Luton away would be magic !

they weren't, i bet on Rangers, we favourites on the basis we smashed Motherwell when they were sitting top of the SPL, and at home.

No.

We were favourites due to the number of Rangers fans prepared to bet on their team.

Thats how the bookmakers work.

Coming from the roaster who says ICT would turn over half the championship because they can beat teams like Dundee and Ross County...

:lol:

Priceless Ricky...bloody priceless!

Why don't you answer the question?

You don't know if Celtic are significantly better than Cardiff & the championship sides below them, because they've not played each other.

So, now we've established you don't have the ability to determine different levels by watching them play, i take it you can admit you don't know who's better; Real Madrid or Cardiff & Co?

No.

We were favourites due to the number of Rangers fans prepared to bet on their team.

Thats how the bookmakers work.

i'm afraid not, Bookmakers have odds makers who are experts in the field, odds being driven by punters is only 1 part of it. Otherwise, Ricky Hatton would have been a HUGE favourite with UK bookmakers to beat Floyd Mayweather given the amount of money that went on him by the british public who had never heard of Hattons opponent. The bookies however, usualy have it pretty accurate, Mayweather remained favourite, as ofcourse, he should have been.

Why don't you answer the question?

You don't know if Celtic are significantly better than Cardiff & the championship sides below them, because they've not played each other.

So, now we've established you don't have the ability to determine different levels by watching them play, i take it you can admit you don't know who's better; Real Madrid or Cardiff & Co?

I wasn't the one who claimed they were, that was you Ricky.

I asked how you knew Celt*c or ICT for that matter would come out on top of championship sides considering they play in different divisions while the Championship ones play against better opposition.

Someone replied Celt*c would because they are in the last 16 of CL so in responce I replied going by this way of thinking then City and Chelsea would be casualties against Celt*c?

You have still not explained why ICT's form in the SPL would mean they would turn over half of the Championships teams, come on Ricky?

i'm afraid not, Bookmakers have odds makers who are experts in the field, odds being driven by punters is only 1 part of it. Otherwise, Ricky Hatton would have been a HUGE favourite with UK bookmakers to beat Floyd Mayweather given the amount of money that went on him by the british public who had never heard of Hattons opponent. The bookies however, usualy have it pretty accurate, Mayweather remained favourite, as ofcourse, he should have been.

People who bet on boxing would not have heard of Floyd Mayweather.

You're right.

I have no answer to that.

I wasn't the one who claimed they were, that was you Ricky.

I asked how you knew Celt*c or ICT for that matter would come out on top of championship sides considering they play in different divisions while the Championship ones play against better opposition.

Someone replied Celt*c would because they are in the last 16 of CL so in responce I replied going by this way of thinking then City and Chelsea would be casualties against Celt*c?

You have still not explained why ICT's form in the SPL would mean they would turn over half of the Championships teams, come on Ricky?

When did i say they would turn them over?

I said i would pick ICT as favourites against roughly half the championship sides. Some people who are good at math might interpret that to also mean i wouldnt fancy ICT against the other half. Cardiff for instance, sitting top, i'd probably place as favourites against ICT, but personall think that would be an evenly matched game. The Shinnie brothers are outstanding players who were unlucky to be frozen out the side at Ibrox due to the stars we had at the time. Certainly better than the likes of Don Cowie & Kevin McNaughton who i seen plenty in the SPL when they were here.

Why was i making that point?... because someone posted that the conference was a higher level than ICT :lol:

Now, i've explained to you what sort of level ICT are operating at in current form, can you answer my question?

Are Real Madrid significantly better than championship sides?

People who bet on boxing would not have heard of Floyd Mayweather.

You're right.

I have no answer to that.

:lol: your beyond clueless mate. Mayweather was barely even mainstream in the USA until he beat De La Hoya then did dancing with the stars or whatever their version is, to raise his profile. He was almost unheard of in the UK outside of die hard boxing fans. Boxing is a sport with legions of casual fans who couldnt name more than 3 world champions, in any division. at any present time.

Thousands of "hatton fans" (i.e, british football fans) bet on Hatton to beat ..."that other guy". I know, because i advised lierally hundreds of them not to.

Further more, at the time of matchmaking, Mayweather was champion (or vacated the belt) 2 division heavier than what was Hattons division. You don't need me to tell you how much money went on Hatton, go google it yoruself.

anyway, you don't know how the bookies work, nor do you know much about football.

i'm just listening to the talksport interview - If i didn't know they were talking to Brian Lee i swear blind it was CG doing the interview. It would be an excellent piece of business for the club joining the Conference although it might prove a problem for the smaller teams travelling to Glasgow - offer to pay their transport and travelodge costs :D

The best thread in a while is being ruined by a petty squabble. Take it somewhere else children.

nice squabbling mate. Best thread in a while though? your overrating it, probably because you;ve only got 53 posts and don't know what you're talking about.... don't worry though, neither do WVB or godfather.

Yeah,

The good threads always fall foul to petty arguments, and the sad thing is, the argument is about a club who allowed child abuse to happen and denied it.

Not something that I come here to read, give it a fucking rest and start discussing the topic of the Thread, Rangers in the Conference, Not Peado's in the fucking championship

Just imagine they bastards if it did happen.

"We don't want to be associated with the term old firm, we have seperate sponsors now"

"Going to England? Mr Conference Chairmen, surely you can't only take one half of the old firm.

It's a good thing they're keeping up the presure on the SFA/SPL, as at some point in the precedings, some journo will actually ask why do we want out of Scotland in the first place.

Maybe then we'll be treated with a bit more respect and dignity, but I wouldn't hold our breath.

On SFA clearence, seeing as we're only associate members does that mean normal rules don't apply to us?

On SFA clearence, seeing as we're only associate members does that mean normal rules don't apply to us?

The precedence has been set by the sfa and spl when it comes to rules :)

Barrow – MAYBE

Braintree Town – YES

Ebbsfleet – MAYBE

Forest Green - NO (Boycott)

Gateshead – NO (Boycott)

Hyde - MAYBE

Macclesfield – YES

Mansfield – YES

Newport - NO (Boycott)

Nuneaton – YES

Southport - YES

Stockport - YES

Tamworth – YES

Wrexham - YES

:7325: :7325: :7325:

Forest Green and Gateshead: You think you're bigger than the Rangers??? :000000082:

Newport are Welsh aren't they? They more than anyone else in that list should be supporting a fellow British team. Who's their chairman? Would like to know his story... sounds like jealousy but I hope it's nothing more sinister. Any bear got an email address?

Haven't really got issues with the 'maybe' votes but the three that said 'NO' need to explain their reasons IMO.