pistol pete

Johnny Hubbard

Eck played him wide but in the middle would have been better

inside left or right rather than a battering ram

who can forget this

This game is so bitter-sweet for me.

I had won a free £100 bet in a national paper and took Lovenkrands for first goalscorer(beaten to it by a few mins by Hardon).

Also had us at 10/1 to win in extra-time.The unwashed fuckers were out on their feet so all I wanted was the ref to blow the whistle and for the demolition to commence in the next 30 mins.

When the header went in I didnt know whether to laugh or cry.(5 secs to make my mind up,then I laughed,and drank and sang and laughed.....)

Lovenkrands and Arveldaze were wasted out wide during a lot of their tenure with us but they still did reasonably well in spite of that.

The season we got though to the last 16 he was frighteningly good through the middle in europe

that game was the first time I had seen Rangers live in the flesh, I will remember it in detail until the day I die even though I was only 9.

Thanks for making me feel old mate....was my 1st year at uni in Edinburgh and was in a bar filled predominantly with the scum....oh what a day that was!

He was excellent. Did he not score in about 11 consecutive games at one point that season?

Aye he went on some run. Infact him and buffel had a good understanding going, the pass and goal v inter that night :drool:

Btw wtf happened to adriano? Just thinking back to that night

Aye he went on some run. Infact him and buffel had a good understanding going, the pass and goal v inter that night :drool:

Btw wtf happened to adriano? Just thinking back to that night

I was down for that game. Never enjoyed it anywhere near as much as I should have because I had the flu :lol:

He's back in Brazil now I think. He went off the the rails when his dad died, piled on loads of weight and developed a drink problem which is a shame because he could have been a top player in just about any European league.

I was down for that game. Never enjoyed it anywhere near as much as I should have because I had the flu :lol:

He's back in Brazil now I think. He went off the the rails when his dad died, piled on loads of weight and developed a drink problem.

Is he back to anywhere near his best? He was amazing in pro ego back in the day haha. But he was a very good striker when he first came on to the scene

Wee bit of nostalgia at work here I think.

He was great on his day, especially against Celtic. He always caused their big brutes all sorts of problems with his pace.

Gave us a lot of great goals and memories, but he was also lazy and a shitebag a lot of the time.