Starting to get pissed off at how bad we are.

Dennis

It's actually shocking that we get a fresh start in Division 3 with a group of talented youngsters and a chance to change our philosophy yet resort to the same long ball, boring fitba that's held us back for years, down to nothing more than poor management.

I agree mate.

Folk talk about winning and getting promotion but let's get real here we were never not going to achieve that given our squad.

What I and many others seemed to want was some evidence of changing our footballing philosophy with actually entertaining the fans who continue to turn out in record numbers. What we are seeing is however is outdated poor long punt football with little to shout about.

We had a chance to build something given our situation but instead we look to be not making the most of that chance.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually shocking that we get a fresh start in Division 3 with a group of talented youngsters and a chance to change our philosophy yet resort to the same long ball, boring fitba that's held us back for years, down to nothing more than poor management.

It has indeed been our problem for years,you weren't supposed to moan about it as Walter Smith was winning trophies but we were building from season to season rather than years down the line.

We won ugly in the SPL then when it came to Europe and we settled into our passport passing we were embarrassed.(Manchester and 92/93 aside)

The only positive is we're getting to see the kids get some game time right now,hand forced right enough.

I agree mate.

Folk talk about winning and getting promotion but let's get real here we were never not going to achieve that given our squad.

What I and many others seemed to want was some evidence of changing our footballing philosophy with actually entertaining the fans who continue to turn out in record numbers. What we are seeing is however is outdated poor long punt football with little to shout about.

We had a chance to build something given our situation but instead we look to be not making the most of that chance.

Yep and a hell of a lot of fans thing the same but you'll always get the ostriches sticking their heads in the sand and not having ANY sort of a bad word as it were said against anything Rangers.... such as life I guess ?

For me, like you and many others Rangers are playing such poor , poor football it beggars belief at times and that's allowing for youngsters and a few foreigners in the side under a rookie manager in Ally given that most weeks we play against guys who do something else other than football as their main job of work.

Sure, some of you probably were.

I'm not saying I'm speaking for you all.

I'm speaking for myself, and suggesting that I wasn't the only one who said it. I stated what I would be happy with, and I'm not going to change my answer halfway through - so all I'm doing is explaining to you why I'm still more than happy - I'm not saying you need to be.

You may also remember that early in the season some of us were contemplating not winning any away games. Luckily we got more than that - so I'm still happy.

Come on us in the 3rd division are like the 6'2" bully in the primary school playground every team we play should be like cannon fodder.

Part of going every week is that we kid ourselves there are no easy games but in reality that's just not true they are only difficult because we make them so

It has indeed been our problem for years,you weren't supposed to moan about it as Walter Smith was winning trophies but we were building from season to season rather than years down the line.

We won ugly in the SPL then when it came to Europe and we settled into our passport passing we were embarrassed.(Manchester and 92/93 aside)

The only positive is we're getting to see the kids get some game time right now,hand forced right enough.

Indeed (tu)

I agree mate.

Rome wasn't built in a day mate. It has been a bad month for us with more under par games than over par. But over the course of the season we have showed we can utterly dominate these teams. Consistency is what we lack right now.

we pretty much dominated today as well, 65% posession and 26 attempts at goal, where we lacked was finishing them off, only 6 shots on target from our 26 chances.

IMO this isn't all Allys fault, he can not physically make these strikers score, and when we have had 2 forced subs and cant change the front line then things will get stale.

We need a couple of signings going into next year to give more competition for places, too many of these players think that their starting spot is a certainty.

Come on us in the 3rd division are like the 6'2" bully in the primary school playground every team we play should be like cannon fodder.

Part of going every week is that we kid ourselves there are no easy games but in reality that's just not true they are only difficult because we make them so

I'll disagree with all of those points.

Rome wasn't built in a day mate. It has been a bad month for us with more under par games than over par. But over the course of the season we have showed we can utterly dominate these teams. Consistency is what we lack right now.

we pretty much dominated today as well, 65% posession and 26 attempts at goal, where we lacked was finishing them off, only 6 shots on target from our 26 chances.

IMO this isn't all Allys fault, he can not physically make these strikers score, and when we have had 2 forced subs and cant change the front line then things will get stale.

We need a couple of signings going into next year to give more competition for places, too many of these players think that their starting spot is a certainty.

You may indeed be at times the voice of sanity in here but at the same time gogzy, the football on show is naff almost every week and for guys paying hard earned cash to watch it is like drawing teeth at times.

Sitting in a seat at Ibrox in this weather and watching what's on offer isn't really good enough, sure we ain't gonna see Arsenal type passing but bloody hell these guys are pros and can't pass...... sooooo annoying.

The pro pro Rangers, can't ever be allowed to say a bad word against the team NEED to take a wee step back...... this IS the third division and we are mostly always playing against part-times, guys who do something OTHER than practice and play football for their living.

We ARE the big bro on the park... we ARE the bully so to speak and yet it isn't there to be seen.

You shouldn't though given that we are playing so many part-time teams.

We've been through the part time team argument often enough. :(

Just have a look at how many higher league teams were knocked out of cups, or almost knocked out of cups by lower league teams this season.

The pro pro Rangers, can't ever be allowed to say a bad word against the team NEED to take a wee step back...... this IS the third division and we are mostly always playing against part-times, guys who do something OTHER than practice and play football for their living.

We ARE the big bro on the park... we ARE the bully so to speak and yet it isn't there to be seen.

Which suggests to me that all your assumptions are in fact wrong. :D

Just have a look at how many higher league teams were knocked out of cups, or almost knocked out of cups by lower league teams this season.

Yeah, point taken man but at the same time.... we are still playing against guys who are not pro footy players and our guys are NOT up to the mark.... it's too easy to say 'yeah but we are still romping this league' and although it is true that we are... our football is Rank and needs addressing and for the money and weather, it isn't nice.

You're sat there freezing watching guys in our blue jersey who can't even string four or five passes at times and that's being kind.

Do you not think on the big pitch at Ibrox though it should be us who are finishing games the stronger team ... to lose late goals to part time teams is disgraceful

Yeah, point taken man but at the same time.... we are still playing against guys who are not pro footy players and our guys are NOT up to the mark.... it's too easy to say 'yeah but we are still romping this league' and although it is true that we are... our football is Rank and needs addressing and for the money and weather, it isn't nice.

You're sat there freezing watching guys in our blue jersey who can't even string four or five passes at times and that's being kind.

I'm not saying everything in the garden is rosy, but I definitely don't think it's anywhere near as bad as a lot of others here do, and I'm still satisfied with where we're at and what we've achieved, for the reasons stated earlier, that all I asked for this season was to win the league.

Do you not think on the big pitch at Ibrox it should be us who are finishing games the stronger team ... to lose late goals to part time teams is disgraceful

We did finish the stronger team. They hit us with an inevitable sucker punch because we were throwing everything at them, thus leaving ourselves open at the back. Someone said earlier that perhaps we should have sat in to defend our lead.

Also, it was obvious to me that we weren't going to score a 2nd. Not only because we weren't good enough, but mainly because there was just no way through such a packed defence.