Club Statement

Creampuff

FOLLOWING an article in today's Sunday Mail the club has issued the following statement:

Rangers have always had a close and respectful relationship with this country’s services personnel and associated charities. That will continue.

No one from any of the Forces has been in contact with us other than to thank us for our support and help. Indeed, it was pointed out that our Remembrance event proved to be the single largest memorial event in Scotland in the year in question.

The Remembrance part of the afternoon was observed impeccably and carried precisely the correct degree of solemnity. This was, as should always be the case, entirely separate from anything that some might have deemed frivolous during half time an hour or so later.

That was when service people about to be deployed abroad wanted to celebrate in normal football style.

All activities on the day were arranged in full co-operation with the Royal Navy, RAF and Army. They have always been extremely appreciative of the club’s efforts and acknowledge we are massive supporters of the country’s serving men and women, as well as veterans.

http://rangers.co.uk...-club-statement

The Remembrance part of the afternoon was observed impeccably and carried precisely the correct degree of solemnity. This was, as should always be the case, entirely separate from anything that some might have  deemed frivolous during half time an hour or so later.

Nail. Head.

Spot on Rangers. Don't take these insults and assaults on our club anymore!

Major Eels should have consulted some sort of committee or taken advice before his decision

The man was duped, the complaint "set out below" is a piss take, surely if he took advice it would have been pointed out.

I accept the man is clearly out of touch but why pull rank without talking to those involved in organising the event.

The ruling should be fought by those who have taken part and benefited from the occasion, a few reports on how morale was boosted and how the troops enjoyed their day at ibrox should take priority over some fictional offence taken by a Bheast

Are the troops expected to remain silent and seated if we score ??

What was the range of the big gun btw ??

:bomb_piggary:

Dear General Eeles,

You will, I imagine, share my dismay that Army, Navy and Royal Marines service personnel were participants in a travesty of a ‘Remembrance’ parade at Ibrox Park, Glasgow, during half-time in a football match being played between The Rangers FC and Alloa Athletic last week-end.

Whatever the original intention may have been, the occasion was allowed to degenerate into what I can only describe as a show of sectarian support- by the military personnel involved- for one particular section of Scottish society and one particular football club.

It was in no way respectful of the men and women ( among whom I include my own father) who suffered death or injury in the second World War, but was an absolutely undisciplined display of sectarian bias by the army unit(s) involved, who, I believe had balloted to be present because of their personal support for the aims and ideology of The Rangers FC.

In my view, the officer who authorised the use of tax-payers’ money for such a shameful partisan display, and the senior officer present on the day ( if indeed, any officer was present) should be asked to apologise to the people of Scotland for being so crassly insensitive to the feelings of many like me, who distance themselves from the poisonous ideology behind Orangeism and who do not wish their support for the Armed Forces of this country to be predicated on a false assumption that Orangeism equates to patriotism.

I am copying this letter to Rear Admiral Hockley (Flag Officer Scotland and Northern Ireland) and to Major-General Davis, CBE RM (Commandant General Royal Marines)

Dear General Eeles,

You will, I imagine, share my dismay that Army, Navy and Royal Marines service personnel were participants in a travesty of a ‘Remembrance’ parade at Ibrox Park, Glasgow, during half-time in a football match being played between The Rangers FC and Alloa Athletic last week-end.

Whatever the original intention may have been, the occasion was allowed to degenerate into what I can only describe as a show of sectarian support- by the military personnel involved- for one particular section of Scottish society and one particular football club.

It was in no way respectful of the men and women ( among whom I include my own father) who suffered death or injury in the second World War, but was an absolutely undisciplined display of sectarian bias by the army unit(s) involved, who, I believe had balloted to be present because of their personal support for the aims and ideology of The Rangers FC.

In my view, the officer who authorised the use of tax-payers’ money for such a shameful partisan display, and the senior officer present on the day ( if indeed, any officer was present) should be asked to apologise to the people of Scotland for being so crassly insensitive to the feelings of many like me, who distance themselves from the poisonous ideology behind Orangeism and who do not wish their support for the Armed Forces of this country to be predicated on a false assumption that Orangeism equates to patriotism.

I am copying this letter to Rear Admiral Hockley (Flag Officer Scotland and Northern Ireland) and to Major-General Davis, CBE RM (Commandant General Royal Marines)

Hadn't seen that yet, what a joke, there was nothing "Orange" or sectarian about the half time festivities, it was a load of troops walking about to applause and cheering.

It seems to me this "Officer" has either been duped or he's just a PC arse pulling rank.

Is it now unacceptable to support Rangers if you're a member of the Armed Forces?

GTF please, sir, and the disgusting bheast who wrote the letter to him should be conscripted. Follow me, I'm right behind you.......bye bye.

Time to get smart!

The bitches of jesuits are unrelentless, but do not posses the brain capacity to win the war.

Our club is but a pawn in their quest to rule the planet.

Martin Luther

"We here are of the conviction that the papacy is the seat of the true and real Antichrist...personally I declare that I owe the Pope no other obedience than that to Antichrist." (Aug. 18, 1520) Taken from The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers, Vol. 2., pg. 121 by Froom. (In response to a papal bull [official decree]): "I despise and attack it, as impious, false... It is Christ Himself who is condemned therein... I rejoice in having to bear such ills for the best of causes. Already I feel greater liberty in my heart; for at last I know that the pope is antichrist, and that his throne is that of Satan himself." --D'Aubigné, b.6, ch. 9.

Major Eels should have consulted some sort of committee or taken advice before his decision

The man was duped, the complaint "set out below" is a piss take, surely if he took advice it would have been pointed out.

I accept the man is clearly out of touch but why pull rank without talking to those involved in organising the event.

The ruling should be fought by those who have taken part and benefited from the occasion, a few reports on how morale was boosted and how the troops enjoyed their day at ibrox should take priority over some fictional offence taken by a Bheast

Are the troops expected to remain silent and seated if we score ??

What was the range of the big gun btw ??

:bomb_piggary:

Dear General Eeles,

Is this what our Club made a statement on , or is someone having a fuckin laugh ? first I've seen or heard this

Any intelligent person (and I presume there are some running the army).... would read that letter and see it for what it is, an offended tim.

Any intelligent person (and I presume there are some running the army)..... would inquire as to what the troops were actually attending

If that intelligent person somehow believes that a football match is a Remembrance Day Parade and not a Football match, then he should not be in charge of any armed forces.

The service personnel were invited to a game and participated in a minutes silence with thousands of others, they were fans of the club.

Are these members of the armed forces not allowed to enjoy a day out proudly wearing the uniform and representing their country ?

I remember those words from WW1....Lions led by Donkeys....fuck all has changed

Any intelligent person (and I presume there are some running the army).... would read that letter and see it for what it is, an offended tim.

Any intelligent person (and I presume there are some running the army)..... would inquire as to what the troops were actually attending

If that intelligent person somehow believes that a football match is a Remembrance Day Parade and not a Football match, then he should not be in charge of any armed forces.

The service personnel were invited to a game and participated in a minutes silence with thousands of others, they were fans of the club.

Are these members of the armed forces not allowed to enjoy a day out proudly wearing the uniform and representing their country ?

I remember those words from WW1....Lions led by Donkeys....fuck all has changed

:uk: exactly , ( side note ) I was driving past hampden earlier , unfortunately the dhims were out in their hordes ( presumably parole ) I can honestly say that I never seen any flag belonging to THIS,OUR COUNTRY ,being waved , flown or worn .Pointed this out to the Mrs , she said they are just a bunch of anomalies :mutley:

Who actually composed the letter of complaint .

Bet his first name was Declan. This so called complaint simply highlights again the mentality of these cretins.Sadly it also highlights the horrible small minded society we live in that it was deemed worthy of a full page story in our main Sunday paper