Club Statement

Creampuff

As a ex- Gordon Highlander, I would like to meet the author of this letter and give him some thoughts about how military families ( father RAF, son is Royal Engineers) feel about what was displayed at Ibrox. And I would like to meet the Rupert who responded to this. And the beasts wonder why we despise them.

PS My son was in the crowd and loved it.

If indeed this numpty who wrote this piss did have a father who fell in the line of duty hmm!!, then I would assume that he would understand that remembrance day is about all the personnel who have given their lives in all conflicts and not only the second world war as he states.

A liar and a bigot i'm certain.

Any intelligent person (and I presume there are some running the army).... would read that letter and see it for what it is, an offended tim.

Any intelligent person (and I presume there are some running the army)..... would inquire as to what the troops were actually attending

If that intelligent person somehow believes that a football match is a Remembrance Day Parade and not a Football match, then he should not be in charge of any armed forces.

The service personnel were invited to a game and participated in a minutes silence with thousands of others, they were fans of the club.

Are these members of the armed forces not allowed to enjoy a day out proudly wearing the uniform and representing their country ?

I remember those words from WW1....Lions led by Donkeys....fuck all has changed

Sad but true. Well said.

Perhaps the letter writer can now shuffle across the city and present his thoughts on a more dignified approach to the Remembrance Day observances. Mr Liewell and his board will no doubt offer sympathetic advice and offer to host the 2013 event, with uniformed personnel from all branches of our Armed Forces welcomed in the usual c***Ic fashion. A collection for Armed Forces charities would no doubt raise thousands and said letter writer could then regale us all with tales of dignity followed by the jolly derring-do on the field of play.

I could actually get tore into this sarcasm big style if I could give a fuck about a n other dheclan's whingeing attempt at indignation. Masquerading as the son of a war victim must be the nearest thing to scumbagging since..........well scumbagging!!!

All activities on the day were arranged in full co-operation with the Royal Navy, RAF and Army.

So who gave permission for serving personnel to participate?

Does this indicate a breakdown in the chain of command?

Isn't the person at the top ultimately responsible?

Clarification please Major General Eeles.

I thought the RFC Remembrance Day tribute was excellent appropriate and well received by all at Ibrox, both within the stands and on the pitch.

Now it has all been twisted around into an anti armed services/anti rangers load of bollocks.

Unbelievable...

Political Correctness gone mad

I hope RFC throw another tribute next year and to hell with all the cry babies who get their knickers in a twist,

Was never about point scoring, and to be honesty it sickens me that some people would even think as much.

It's about our club and fans having a dignified silence in memory of those who fell defending this land in all conflicts, which was impeccably observed.

At half time, serving members of the forces were invited onto the pitch to give the fans a chance to show our appreciation of the dangerous work that they carry out in order to keep us safe. The fact the forces were represented by Army, Navy and RAF shows that someone high up chain of command also thought this was a worthwhile show of hanks that would be appreciated.

I was proud as anyone in Ibrox that day as one of my best friends was on the park and came over to where I was sitting with his family, who I had taken along. He's still going on about it, it's a day that his grandchildren will hear about.

He was genuinely over the moon, even at the reception he got when he walked in the club before the game and the whole place stood and applauded.

Let anyone who doesn't have any decency or moral compass moan and bitch about what we done, but I fully expect the same to be done next year and the years after that as its our way of saying thanks.

That's my take anyway (tu)