MacLeod out for up to 2 months with medial ligament damage

bluenose_72

According to a news thing on Twitter, MacLeod's agent has apparently told him Lewis will be out for 6-8 weeks. I will keep the '?' In the title until it's official.

It's a blow to lose him for any length of time but at least his season isn't over.

According to a news thing on Twitter, MacLeod's agent has apparently told him Lewis will be out for 6-8 weeks. I will keep the '?' In the title until it's official.

It's a blow to lose him for any length of time but at least his season isn't over.

dont shoot me but radio scotland someone mentioned same. something to do with a tear that is all i heard.

LEWIS MacLEOD will be out of action for up to two months after a scan revealed he has damaged medial ligaments in his knee.

The teenager was carried off in the first half of Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Montrose at Ibrox after a collision with away defender Paul Dawson.

It was feared Macleod had suffered a more serious injury so in that respect the news is good for manager Ally McCoist.

Had the 18-year-old hurt himself more severely, the likelihood was his season would be over and he could even have missed part of the 2013/14 campaign.

As it is, however, he is expected to be back playing again by the end of March and that means he will only miss around 10 games.

Indeed, he might not be out for as long as that as the standard recovery time from a medial problem is between six and eight weeks.

Macleod has made himself indispensable to boss McCoist since he made his senior debut against Brechin City in the Ramsdens Cup last July.

But for a virus which sidelined him for two matches over the Christmas period, he would have been an ever-present in the team up until this point.

Macleod has made a total of 30 appearances for the Light Blues this term and has scored three goals against Montrose and Elgin City.

Being without him is still a setback for the 54-times Scottish champions but the outcome of his assessment is being looked upon positively given it could have been so much worse