How do we fix our defence?

Hegarty, Perry & Faure have all been worse than Cribari.

Hegarty & Faure aren't full backs so Argyiou needs to come back in.

Perry has looked awful lately, shot confidence & needs to come out of the firing like too. Hegarty looked far more comfortable at centre back than he does.

-Argyiou-Hegarty-Cribari-Wallace-

And get them out the park learning to defend as a unit even if it means doing a Roy Hodgson and tying them together as a so they learn to move as a unit and work as a unit.

Let's not pretend that McCulloch wasn't a total disaster when he played at CB this season even worse than Cribari and Perry he gave away a few stupid penalties and was miles off the pace.

I sitll think Perry/Cribari/Hegarty are our best CB's at the moment they are never going to be good enough long term but we have no other options at the moment we just have to put up with them for the rest of the year then get Bocanegra back into the team beside a young fast CB. Although I would give Gasparotto a chance in the team we NEED to start giving more youth players a chance we haven't done it enough.

There's no easy fix, especially as we can't bring anyone in. For a start I would like us to bring in a defensive coach and I would like to see us work on a more compact system...mcculloch is no cb but in the air today we got bullied and he would at least compete physically. Perry should be dropped and i would be tempted to give gasparato a run and hegarty in his natural position as well as to play our only natural right back.

Hegerty instead of Perry for a start.

Totally agree how cribari is getting stick is beyond me, Perry was shocking and gave two goals away. I agree on the first maybe Cabari should have just put his foot throught it but Perry was to close and didnt read the game well at all. When he went off they look better.

Tell them to work on communication , so basic you don't even think they'd need to but to be fair cribari is brazilian

That 1st goal could have been prevented so easily with a simple shout 'perrys' or 'cribaris'

Or even Wallace

Let's not pretend that McCulloch wasn't a total disaster when he played at CB this season even worse than Cribari and Perry he gave away a few stupid penalties and was miles off the pace.

I sitll think Perry/Cribari/Hegarty are our best CB's at the moment they are never going to be good enough long term but we have no other options at the moment we just have to put up with them for the rest of the year then get Bocanegra back into the team beside a young fast CB. Although I would give Gasparotto a chance in the team we NEED to start giving more youth players a chance we haven't done it enough.

Jig may not be the best defender in the world, but he gets the defence to work as a unit. That aside, I agree with the rest of your post. We lack options so it is down to Ally to get the defence we have training and bonding.

We need to hire a defence coach. All the team infact need to know how to head the ball with conviction. Why do the always let the ball bounce??

Everything that's wrong is proof the coaching methods are utter shite and amateur. Head the ball ffs! Wouldnt hurt for the goalie to collect crosses aswell.

These are not real rangers players and there must have been better ones available instead of the pish we ended up with.

From the games I've seen this season there is a lack of decisive leadership and 'toughness' in the defence. Almost seems too timid in many games. Its about making the best of this until the transfer window opens again and that's a long way off. So.....I'd stick with the Greek at right full back and I'd put Lee McCulloch alongside Cribari in the middle for solidity and to get some tougher attitude sunk into the defence. I'm sure that with injuries and form and even just rotation Perry and Hegarty will get their share of games but for me the back 4 for the rest of this season should be Greek, Lee McC, Cribari and Lee W.