SPL plans for a new league structure one down!

Carling1873

You don't think the spl will take any notice of the fans of Ross County on this issue . The only time they were interested in the view of their fans was to use it as a womans skirt to hide behind when kicking Rangers out of their league

your definitely one for watching

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only three fans out of 130 spoken to supported reconstrucion proposals..

Concern over season ticket sales, do you sell a half season ticket for the games before the split?

What happens if several games are postponed, delaying the split and you can't finish the season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otland/21393697

well they can just play 5 games in 17 days

Only three fans out of 130 spoken to supported reconstrucion proposals..

Concern over season ticket sales, do you sell a half season ticket for the games before the split?

What happens if several games are postponed, delaying the split and you can't finish the season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otland/21393697

Sounds familiar.

Lived in Inverness for over seven years (and was born and bred in the Highlands); and yes "Caledonian FC (not the bastard merger club ICT) were "often referred" to as the Rangers; however Ross County where always the The Rangers of the Highland and I attended their games as a result, where do you think their dwindling fanbase has migrated to, give you one guess.

Not being smart, just like to be sure of what I am reading. Which team are you refering to when you mention the dwindling fanbase, and to which team has the dwindling fanbase migrated to?

I've believed all along that the reconstruction malarky is all about money and I still believe that is the case. Any notion that it is to lead to an improvement in the game in Scotland and to make it more attractive to fans is just a very distant sidebar issue in reality but the scheme is dressed up as this to impress prospective league sponsors and TV companies.

If they combine the SPL and SFL for next season and restucture the leagues so that we stay in the lowest Div - then the decision for this is of course out of our hands. No consultation with Rangers and no vote for Rangers. We will just have to deal with it pending whatever action Rangers takes to get out.

If they combine the SPL and SFL and defer the restructuring for a season then same thing for Rangers - we just get on with it unless and until we get out.

If they can't get any decent league sponsorship whichever way they go - well, tough shit as they say. What sponsors will be keen to back the mess of the existing state of the game in Scotland and the inept, incompetent, maybe even duplicious management of the SPL, SFA and SFL as evidenced by their acts over the last year? And if sponsors are asked to believe that football in Scotland has been reformed and is to be on the up as a result of the SPL / SFL merger and reconstruction, how much are they willing to bet that that will be the case if it is rushed in for next season? Point is, there is probably not much Rangers can do, if anything, to affect any of this. But Rangers can of course continue to sort out its own finances and get as rich as it can - the wealthier we are the stronger we will become as a football club and I don't care a jot about the others.

Now media rights - that is where one of the real battlegrounds looks to be. In the blue corner - Rangers - determined to maximise its revenues for media and not prepared to sign up to future TV deals involving the Scottish football authorities? A case perhaps of 'what is generated by Rangers or because we are Rangers stays at Rangers'? And in the red (or is it really green?) corner - the SPL and maybe even a big bunch of SFL clubs - who want to grab cash by virtue of Rangers being on TV or appearing in other media money making schemes. So will SPL and SFA mergers and a league reconstruction have as a central and pivotal requirement that clubs give up all or some of their rights to negotiate direct media deals in return for membership? Wonder what Rangers and JT are currently planning and doing by way of breaking out and doing media deals that keep the substance of cash generated by Rangers firmly locked in the money box at Ibrox (what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas)?

I've believed all along that the reconstruction malarky is all about money and I still believe that is the case. Any notion that it is to lead to an improvement in the game in Scotland and to make it more attractive to fans is just a very distant sidebar issue in reality but the scheme is dressed up as this to impress prospective league sponsors and TV companies.

If they combine the SPL and SFL for next season and restucture the leagues so that we stay in the lowest Div - then the decision for this is of course out of our hands. No consultation with Rangers and no vote for Rangers. We will just have to deal with it pending whatever action Rangers takes to get out.

If they combine the SPL and SFL and defer the restructuring for a season then same thing for Rangers - we just get on with it unless and until we get out.

If they can't get any decent league sponsorship whichever way they go - well, tough shit as they say. What sponsors will be keen to back the mess of the existing state of the game in Scotland and the inept, incompetent, maybe even duplicious management of the SPL, SFA and SFL as evidenced by their acts over the last year? And if sponsors are asked to believe that football in Scotland has been reformed and is to be on the up as a result of the SPL / SFL merger and reconstruction, how much are they willing to bet that that will be the case if it is rushed in for next season? Point is, there is probably not much Rangers can do, if anything, to affect any of this. But Rangers can of course continue to sort out its own finances and get as rich as it can - the wealthier we are the stronger we will become as a football club and I don't care a jot about the others.

Now media rights - that is where one of the real battlegrounds looks to be. In the blue corner - Rangers - determined to maximise its revenues for media and not prepared to sign up to future TV deals involving the Scottish football authorities? A case perhaps of 'what is generated by Rangers or because we are Rangers stays at Rangers'? And in the red (or is it really green?) corner - the SPL and maybe even a big bunch of SFL clubs - who want to grab cash by virtue of Rangers being on TV or appearing in other media money making schemes. So will SPL and SFA mergers and a league reconstruction have as a central and pivotal requirement that clubs give up all or some of their rights to negotiate direct media deals in return for membership? Wonder what Rangers and JT are currently planning and doing by way of breaking out and doing media deals that keep the substance of cash generated by Rangers firmly locked in the money box at Ibrox (what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas)?

very good post mate .Very serious stuff for you on a Sunday morning :-)

Their chairman was on Radio Scotland when I was driving home from game yesterday. Quote was something like 150 fans turned up to a discussion with him on the subject and all bar 2 voted against it, however, the key point was he did not commit to the fact Ross County would therefore vote against it.

These SPL clubs are being asked to back a plan (a Lawwell/Doncaster plan mind you) that none of them have seen.

It is being claimed that none of the other SPL chairmen have seen the figures on the proposed Sky TV deal.

It's a mess and this might be the first of several who shout "Oi' Lawwell.......wait a minute"!!

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't matter. They have got what they want - the merger.

That has been what this has been about all along. I guarantee that no reconstruction at all goes ahead now.

I'm not up to date on this merger / re-structuring business. Are you saying that the SPL and SFL have already agreed a merger? Are you also saying that the reconstruction of the leagues is a separate issue?

@rangersfctrust: Hearing tonight Ross County and St Mirren will very likely vote no to 12-12-18 Also St Johnstone should vote no too. 11-1 vote in the gutter

if that's the case and the 3 of them vote no they will just push it through some other way .the spl need a league merger next season to get rangers into the tv contract or the whole thing will crumble.we need things to remain as they are for 1 more season then it's curtains for the no hopers who rangers have been carrying for years.

I'm not up to date on this merger / re-structuring business. Are you saying that the SPL and SFL have already agreed a merger? Are you also saying that the reconstruction of the leagues is a separate issue?

According to an earlier article, all clubs have agreed to the spl/sfl merger. I am convinced that they are after our TV rights, the only way the SPL can get their hands on them is by merging the two bodies, under the guise of ''reconstruction''. That is only my opinion on it, but am more than convinced.

if that's the case and the 3 of them vote no they will just push it through some other way .the spl need a league merger next season to get rangers into the tv contract or the whole thing will crumble.we need things to remain as they are for 1 more season then it's curtains for the no hopers who rangers have been carrying for years.

The spl already have rangers tv deal for the next two years, they pay the sfl £1m a season for it.

Just a thought about why the SFA/SPL are in such a rush to push through the 'new' system.

Under the current rules, if a club is kicked out of the SPL (for whatever reason), that club then has to apply to the SFL for membership in order to continue to play football.

Currently, if media reports are true, there are 5 SPL clubs on the verge of administration. In which case the SFA/SPL would have to show that their 'sporting integrity' rule applies to everyone, and evict the 5 clubs from the SPL.

The SFL doesn't have the room for 5 more clubs .......

The only way they can avoid this scenario is to combine both bodies into one, which would then allow the 5 teams to be relegated to the bottom league without having to apply for membership.

Is this a case of the SPL covering their collective arses?

A well timed legal challenge should see its implementation delayed I would imagine

Just a thought about why the SFA/SPL are in such a rush to push through the 'new' system.

Under the current rules, if a club is kicked out of the SPL (for whatever reason), that club then has to apply to the SFL for membership in order to continue to play football.

Currently, if media reports are true, there are 5 SPL clubs on the verge of administration. In which case the SFA/SPL would have to show that their 'sporting integrity' rule applies to everyone, and evict the 5 clubs from the SPL.

The SFL doesn't have the room for 5 more clubs .......

The only way they can avoid this scenario is to combine both bodies into one, which would then allow the 5 teams to be relegated to the bottom league without having to apply for membership.

Is this a case of the SPL covering their collective arses?

It would appear that the TV rights and sponsorship are the driver for the merger. Without a tv deal and sponsors 5+ clubs are as good as bust. The SPL don't want or need the SFL, but they need Rangers. It also appears that the broadcasters are happy to play this game as long as they get Rangers one way or another. Swally is right a well timed legal challenge will usurpt any plans.

I cant understand it all fully. I can understand why they need to merger simple TV monies + sponsors etc. The bit I dont understand is the 5 + clubs that would go into Administration, because as it stands if the reconstruction goes ahead then all of the SPL club will have less cash to play with and the 1st division will have more cash. I am thinking how will the 5 + clubs avoid Admin with less cash available to them???