Davis wants to return

quabba

Never. As someone said 'not even to clean the toilets'. Worthless captain and, in my opinion, never quite lived up to his first season with us. And to those saying 'we welcomed back Miller' - yes, but what Davis and the rest did was much worse than signing for Celtic. They left the club when we needed them the most, and he wasn't worried if we got money or not, that was all down to Southampton.

Not what a Rangers employee says, obviously you know better though :rolleyes:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather see none of those who left us in our time of need return to the club, regardless of whether they're Rangers fans (that was proven to be false), got us a fee, or whatever.

It's a clean slate in our history, they could've stayed and become greats, but they jumped ship. They'll all have to live with that now.

If they had just hung around and got us a transfer fee then I would have had no problem with them leaving.

However, it was that and that f...n press conference with Naisy, Whits and that bampot Peter McLean which was unforgivable.

All the credit they had with the pay cuts etc went right out the window at that moment.

How could Davis and Naismith, both huge Rangers men, not just do what Mo Edu did and got us a fee?

If they had just hung around and got us a transfer fee then I would have had no problem with them leaving.

However, it was that and that f...n press conference with Naisy, Whits and that bampot Peter McLean which was unforgivable.

All the credit they had with the pay cuts etc went right out the window at that moment.

How could Davis and Naismith, both huge Rangers men, not just do what Mo Edu did and got us a fee?

(tu) The fee for Edu may have been nominal but the gesture was priceless.

Some of the replies on here just show fickle and forgetful football fans can be. If you have a look at the facts I personally feel it is pretty unfair to just jump on the bandwagon and slate all the players who left as being traitors.

1 Majority that left were Rangers fans and probably still are

2 These same players gave their all and won league titles and cups for the club, they also reached a European final (something pretty extraordinary for Scottish football and brilliant for Rangers fans)

3 These same players voluntarily took a massive wage cut to ensure other staff at the club kept their job (I appreciate they get paid a fortune but at the same time you tailor your life to what you earn)

5 These same players did not cause or contribute to the mess that the club is in

6 When Green came in the players were on holidays and due back for preseason within days. Therefore each had to make a decision quickly as training with the newco would automatically transfer contracts. At the same time everyone was sceptical about Green, fans wouldn't buy season tickets (about 250 had been sold) but yet players were expected to commit their futures to a complete uncertainty

7 Anyone really believe that the players who stayed with the club wouldn't have left if they could have got better? Maybe Lee Wallace being an exception

8 With regards Davis it's been officially reported that he had an input to Rangers getting a fee for him, granted it could have been more but it's better than nothing

9 All these people calling them traitors if it was your income possibly going down the pan would you really risk it?

10 With regards the American players, they had an extended holiday after the World Cup which gave them longer to make their decisions before they would be contracted to the newco. During this some of the uncertainty had passed so what makes them any different?

If anyone disagrees with any of these points I would like to hear some constructive feedback

People act like spurned lovers whenever these guys are mentioned, I find it all a bit pathetic.

Ally McCoist has a young family too as has Lee McCulloch but did what true Rangers men do.

A captain that jumps ship when it hits rough seas is no good for me.

Chase yersel Davis...Lewis MacLeod the future.

McGregor...Neil Alexander stayed for the fight.

Naismith...Ratbag did more for the manky mobs 'yese are deid' propaganda campaign than anybody else

Whittaker...who was he again?